Canes resorting to Transfer Market to help reload for next season

We may get more help from Waardenburg than we expect. He really started playing with confidence later in the year. Ended up averaging 3ppg. Probably double next year.

But mainly he shot nearly 44% from 3pt range. That's tops on the team. Admittedly his sample size wasn't very big(14-32). He'll get more shots next year.

I don’t care what he shoots if he doesn’t learn to get a hand up in a three point shooters face with the ******* game on the line.

Advertisement
If Huell doesn't come back our front court is gonna be awful.

Guard should be decent if, big if, we get Johnson from FGCU.

I think we need to slowdown with Mack and his expectations. He might be able/ready to play quality burn, he might not. There is no indication he is ready for college ball. The same applies to Gak, except that assuming Huell stays, we need less help at PF/C than we do at G.

With that said, I can't imagine Mack playing more minutes than DJ (short of some crazy reason).

On the other hand, we saw what Johnson can do at a high level and he has done that consistently. I think it is fair to have high expectations for him.

Agree wholeheartedly with all points made. I would be surprised if Gak contributes a lot this season. My guess is he'll need the year to work his way into a comfort zone. Rare for a big man not to need more time.

Let's not forget Miles Wilson, the xsfer from the Mount. Believe he will be game ready! As for Sam, think we all like what we saw at season's end but ... we need to see that same development curve this year before we make any hard judgements.

Apparently Ehab Amin (grad transfer) is visiting us and Nevada/Wichita State.

The guy plays PG too so he could provide depth as well there.

PPG: 16.9, RPG: 6.6, SPG: 3.4 and APG: 2.9

Not a bad stat line, sat out last year with an injury (hip).

Advertisement
Texas A&M-CC grad transfer Ehab Amin not considering Arizona

The Arizona Wildcats’ most dire need right now is a point guard, but another option has fallen off the board.
Texas A&M Corpus Christi graduate transfer Ehab Amin has narrowed his finalists to the Miami Hurricanes, Nevada Wolf Pack, and Wichita State Shockers, according to multiple reports.
Texas A&M Corpus Christi transfer Ehab Amin is down to Miami, Nevada & Wichita State, he tells @247Sports. Averaged 16.9 PPG during the 2016-2017 season.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) April 19, 2018

Texas A&M-CC grad transfer Ehab Amin not considering Arizona

The Arizona Wildcats’ most dire need right now is a point guard, but another option has fallen off the board.
Texas A&M Corpus Christi graduate transfer Ehab Amin has narrowed his finalists to the Miami Hurricanes, Nevada Wolf Pack, and Wichita State Shockers, according to multiple reports.
Texas A&M Corpus Christi transfer Ehab Amin is down to Miami, Nevada & Wichita State, he tells @247Sports. Averaged 16.9 PPG during the 2016-2017 season.​
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) April 19, 2018
Old news. Posted in another thread last week. Hope we get him though.

Advertisement
Happy with who we got but wanted this cat

The kids probably doesn't want to share minutes. I'm sorry but Nevada has a very nice program and made it to the Sweet 16, but to forego the ACC for the Mountain West tells me a lot.

Advertisement
It's all about whether the kid sees playing time. If we didn't get Zach, we would have had a better chance at Amin.

Advertisement
Nevada is pretty legit. They just signed a McDonalds All-American from California this morning and have a top 15-20 team coming back already. Not to mention, Musselman coached in the NBA a long time

Just fill the last ship. Don’t make the same mistake for three years straight.
I don't think we need to fill the scholarship. I think we have enough depth. The question is quality of that depth.

Guards: Lykes, Wilson, Johnson, DJ
Wings: Amp, Mack (hopefully eligible)
Bigs: Waardenberg, Buka, Huell (should return), Gak, Miller

I wouldn't have an issue with not filling that last ship.

I don't think we need to fill the scholarship. I think we have enough depth. The question is quality of that depth.

I agree. If we use that last ship, it should be on a transfer forward like we were trying with Key. We need a big who can start in 2019-20, since Huell will probably leave then and Lawrence/Izundu will be gone.

Why wouldn't you fill the ship? Take a 2018 kid (e.g. Alvarez) or a transfer who has to sit out or a project. Why not use the ship?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back