Canes resorting to Transfer Market to help reload for next season

Advertisement
Don't know but consensus seems to be that Chris Collins has them headed in right direction. Adding a 21ppg scorer won't hurt.

NW finished under .500, no?

While I expect a good ole cheap shot against our own teams, the NW whine is a bit much....

Advertisement
15-17 but, due to renovation of their arena, they played zero home games. Women's team played in a local high school gym. That new, redone arena will help recruiting.

15-17 but, due to renovation of their arena, they played zero home games. Women's team played in a local high school gym. That new, redone arena will help recruiting.

Did you forget that you are in the basketball board? You can't say anything negative about the canes or anything positive about another team here or you will be downvoted!

Advertisement
Bruce Brown hired an agent, he’s gone.

Just read that.

His decision to make and as a Cane, I wish him well

BUT IMO he would have improved his draft position considerably by staying, especially coming off an injury and an incomplete season...but, as I said, its not my decision to make.

So Best of luck B you will truly be missed

Don't know but consensus seems to be that Chris Collins has them headed in right direction. Adding a 21ppg scorer won't hurt.

We've been to the NCAAs 4 out of 6 years, the Sweet 16 twice and won the ACC. They've been to the NCAAs once. In their history. So......

Advertisement
A HS guy we're recruiting is Serrel Smith, SG out of St. Petersburg who avg'd 32 PPG and just got his release from Ole Miss.

Add him and Johnson and I'd really like our roster next year as long as Huell returns:

F/C: Izundu, Gak, Miller
F: Huell, Waardenburg
G/F: Lawrence, Smith
G: Wilson, Johnson
G: Lykes, DJ

Unless Gak and Huell make big jumps, that is a pretty rough roster.

Advertisement
Unless Gak and Huell make big jumps, that is a pretty rough roster.

How so, even without Smith (replace him with Mack)?

Out: Walker, Newton, Brown
In: Gak, Wilson, Johnson, Mack

That's adding 4 guys that can play, and really only losing Walker/Nwton from the team we had the 2nd half of last year. Like Larkin and Angel, Lykes should also have a huge 2nd year jump.

We'll have a veteran team centered around a very good PG that can really score. That's what Coach L's 2 best teams have been. At a minimum, if that's our roster I don't see how we're any worse than last year, unless I'm missing something. If Izundu can become a consistent rim protector, we could really have a great team (again with Huell and Johnson)

How so, even without Smith (replace him with Mack)?

Out: Walker, Newton, Brown
In: Gak, Wilson, Johnson, Mack

That's adding 4 guys that can play, and really only losing Walker/Nwton from the team we had the 2nd half of last year. Like Larkin and Angel, Lykes should also have a huge 2nd year jump.

We'll have a veteran team centered around a very good PG that can really score. That's what Coach L's 2 best teams have been. At a minimum, if that's our roster I don't see how we're any worse than last year, unless I'm missing something. If Izundu can become a consistent rim protector, we could really have a great team (again with Huell and Johnson)

I think we need to slowdown with Mack and his expectations. He might be able/ready to play quality burn, he might not. There is no indication he is ready for college ball. The same applies to Gak, except that assuming Huell stays, we need less help at PF/C than we do at G.

With that said, I can't imagine Mack playing more minutes than DJ (short of some crazy reason).

On the other hand, we saw what Johnson can do at a high level and he has done that consistently. I think it is fair to have high expectations for him.

We may get more help from Waardenburg than we expect. He really started playing with confidence later in the year. Ended up averaging 3ppg. Probably double next year.

But mainly he shot nearly 44% from 3pt range. That's tops on the team. Admittedly his sample size wasn't very big(14-32). He'll get more shots next year.

Does the British royal family really have a lot of money? When's the last time anybody in that family had a job?

Yes and no. Not as much as JLD, but around $500 million. Not sure what that includes, because they have some nice cars and homes.

Advertisement
Back