Canes playing at Appalachian State next year.

### We hear UM football is close to finalizing a deal to play at Appalachian State (Boone, N.C.) next season, with the teams playing a game at Sun Life in a future year. Appalachian State, a member of the Sun Belt Conference, is 7-1, with its only loss to Clemson. UM’s other 2016 non-conference games: Florida A&M, FAU and at Notre Dame.

Marlins to target pitching, try to reverse free agent cold streak; Canes schedule news; UM, Dolphins, Heat chatter | Sports Buzz

Embarrassing.

You people turn everything into a negative. You know who also played them in non-conference this year? Clemson.....who's #1 in CFP currently.

I think it's a great scheduling idea. It gives us basically a 1-AA school but the SoS of a 1-A.

We can't schedule 1-AA schools anymore. Not with the SEC bias' effect on the playoff committee. Our cupcakes have to still be 1-A progums or on any questionable years we will be left out in the cold.

I think its just as dangerous of a road game as Cincy was this year. We would be a 3.5 point underdog if we played there this year.

Depends on who the HC is. Wouldn't ya say?

Really depends on alot of things but having a head coach capable of developing a solid gameplan and having ability to make in game adjustment would be key.

Advertisement
From what I read it seems Miami had very little options here since Ark st. dropped us. App st had all the leverage, with them being one of the only schools with a open spot available.

Fun little road trip for me.

Yup, same for me. I lived in nearby Banner Elk for a few years and my mother moved to Raleigh from Blowing Rock this Spring. I love this area and would one day like to call it home. It most certainly isn't a big city or town, but those who enjoy the outdoors should schedule a week off to enjoy the area and then the game.

I hope it happens as I'll go for sure should it.

Advertisement
Is this for 2016? Who flamed out on the schedule or is it a different date altogether than BC, ND or FAU?

We'll be there, that's our favorite area in NC mountains. App State added seats/upgraded their stadium a few years ago. We've been there for a concert. A group of students recently organized a protest that their football coach is paid too much. Granola heads.....LOL

funny you leave out the part about it being short notice and they were only school that could fit us in short notice... "The Canes needed to fill an opening, and Appalachian State was one school that could accommodate UM on short notice."
Then you tell them to come play at Sun Life with no return game or you schedule another FBS team. Blake is incompetent

funny you leave out the part about it being short notice and they were only school that could fit us in short notice... "The Canes needed to fill an opening, and Appalachian State was one school that could accommodate UM on short notice."

We didn't need an away game though. There is no rule that says we have to play 6 road games.

Advertisement
### We hear UM football is close to finalizing a deal to play at Appalachian State (Boone, N.C.) next season, with the teams playing a game at Sun Life in a future year. Appalachian State, a member of the Sun Belt Conference, is 7-1, with its only loss to Clemson. UM’s other 2016 non-conference games: Florida A&M, FAU and at Notre Dame.

Marlins to target pitching, try to reverse free agent cold streak; Canes schedule news; UM, Dolphins, Heat chatter | Sports Buzz

Embarrassing.

You people turn everything into a negative. You know who also played them in non-conference this year? Clemson.....who's #1 in CFP currently.

They played Clemson in Clemson. I would have no problem playing them in Miami.

Fun little road trip for me.

Yup, same for me. I lived in nearby Banner Elk for a few years and my mother moved to Raleigh from Blowing Rock this Spring. I love this area and would one day like to call it home. It most certainly isn't a big city or town, but those who enjoy the outdoors should schedule a week off to enjoy the area and then the game.

I hope it happens as I'll go for sure should it.

I agree. I have a house in Blowing Rock and I love the area. They love their football, so that game atmosphere will be great.

Should have called any Top Big 12 school ( Baylor, TCU, Texas, etc) and they would made the scheduled opening happen. **** BYU is an independent an always looking for scheduling help in finding teams. Or better yet Miami should call Michigan to set up a home-home I am sure Ross would move mountains to make that happen.

An yes UCF would love to pay Miami. So Blake is being lazy.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Should have called any Top Big 12 school ( Baylor, TCU, Texas, etc) and they would made the scheduled opening happen. **** BYU is an independent an always looking for scheduling help in finding teams. Or better yet Miami should call Michigan to set up a home-home I am sure Ross would move mountains to make that happen.

An yes UCF would love to pay Miami. So Blake is being lazy.

Go Canes

I like the Michigan idea, but let's give Butch a year or two to get ready. By then that crazy coach up there will have kicked Urban to the curb and Butch will have 15 1st round picks on the team. Then a back to back would be TV rating crack.

I think it was Toledo who backed out. Not a lot of options at this late date for those of you complaining.

Advertisement
App St is a good program even if they're brand new to the FBS scene. Little to win in a game like this but a lot to lose. SHouldn't have to worry about them but you know how this team has played in recent years. No issue going there to play them but the team better not sleep.

Advertisement
Back