Canes playing at Appalachian State next year.

Advertisement
I went to App State during their title runs & the Michigan game. Fun place to go to a game and yes, a very beautiful place to visit. If you go make sure you plan to stay a bit longer so you can hit up the Blue Ridge and enjoy the scenery. It's an amazingly beautiful place to just go for a walk, and a lot of small original restaurants. Plus I get to go see old friends and rag on them before/during/after the beating.

On the bright side...it's a nice road trip for those of you that like to pick a game or two a year to travel. Boone and the surrounding area is a great place to visit.

But holy ****....we're already benefiting from an ACC schedule and now you're going to add even more cupcakes? Are we trying to do the Boise State thing and back our way into the BCS?

Advertisement
Ridiculous that we have to go there first

This is what happens when the school doesn't have as much a payout to the small schools in
comparison to fsu, Big10, and SEC schools.

And you know why we don't offer a big payout?
Because no one shows up to games.
If our fans hate the schedule, then they need to show up to games instead of watch parties in Dade
and Broward.

Blake needs to go ASAP. This stupid man lovin SOB cuckold should be selling tix for pop warner games

funny you leave out the part about it being short notice and they were only school that could fit us in short notice... "The Canes needed to fill an opening, and Appalachian State was one school that could accommodate UM on short notice."

Advertisement
I mean, I definitely understand everyone being upset... but as someone who lives a couple few hours away and has family who went to App State, I'm excited. I'll take any chances to see the Canes play live that I can.

Should be a great warm up game for Butch and the kids.

We will hang 60 on them and starters will be out at halftime.

Great area. I've heard it's a beautiful campus. I can't wait! I have a goòd friend that use to play for ASU.

Advertisement
Plus if App State wins out (Ark State @ Home, Idaho @ Away, UL Lafayette @ Home, South Alabama @ Home, + respectable bowl game) they finish with 1/2 loss and will be nationally ranked for sure. Maybe a nice game to launch us for next year.

Currently 33 in AP and 39 in Coaches.

They are higher ranked than us and people are *****ing. ROFL

Plus if App State wins out (Ark State @ Home, Idaho @ Away, UL Lafayette @ Home, South Alabama @ Home, + respectable bowl game) they finish with 1/2 loss and will be nationally ranked for sure. Maybe a nice game to launch us for next year.

Don't be shocked if they lose vs Idaho.

### We hear UM football is close to finalizing a deal to play at Appalachian State (Boone, N.C.) next season, with the teams playing a game at Sun Life in a future year. Appalachian State, a member of the Sun Belt Conference, is 7-1, with its only loss to Clemson. UM’s other 2016 non-conference games: Florida A&M, FAU and at Notre Dame.

Marlins to target pitching, try to reverse free agent cold streak; Canes schedule news; UM, Dolphins, Heat chatter | Sports Buzz

Embarrassing.

You people turn everything into a negative. You know who also played them in non-conference this year? Clemson.....who's #1 in CFP currently.

Advertisement

Don't be shocked if they lose vs Idaho.

ZERO chance they lose to Idaho. That Appst team is very Legit. Ark st should give them a test Thursday but if they get past them could run the table.

### We hear UM football is close to finalizing a deal to play at Appalachian State (Boone, N.C.) next season, with the teams playing a game at Sun Life in a future year. Appalachian State, a member of the Sun Belt Conference, is 7-1, with its only loss to Clemson. UM’s other 2016 non-conference games: Florida A&M, FAU and at Notre Dame.

Marlins to target pitching, try to reverse free agent cold streak; Canes schedule news; UM, Dolphins, Heat chatter | Sports Buzz

Embarrassing.

You people turn everything into a negative. You know who also played them in non-conference this year? Clemson.....who's #1 in CFP currently.

I think it's a great scheduling idea. It gives us basically a 1-AA school but the SoS of a 1-A.

We can't schedule 1-AA schools anymore. Not with the SEC bias' effect on the playoff committee. Our cupcakes have to still be 1-A progums or on any questionable years we will be left out in the cold.

Embarrassing.

I think it's a great scheduling idea. It gives us basically a 1-AA school but the SoS of a 1-A.

We can't schedule 1-AA schools anymore. Not with the SEC bias' effect on the playoff committee. Our cupcakes have to still be 1-A progums or on any questionable years we will be left out in the cold.

I think its just as dangerous of a road game as Cincy was this year. We would be a 3.5 point underdog if we played there this year.

Embarrassing.

I think its just as dangerous of a road game as Cincy was this year. We would be a 3.5 point underdog if we played there this year.

Depends on who the HC is. Wouldn't ya say?

Advertisement
Back