Canes Opener

Kevin

Senior
According to Barry Jackson, Canes will open the season Sept.2 v. Bethune Cookman.

Advertisement
Pretty weak schedule
Notre dame
Toledo
Arkansas state
Bethune

Atlantic crossover
Fsu
Syracuse

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
::Homer Glasses On::

The Coastal is down next year. Assuming we finish the recruiting season strong and find a QB that can sufficiently run the system, at the absolute worst, I see this team going 10-4 (L @FSU, L vs ND, L ACCCG, L Mid-Tier Bowl Game). Obviously, games are played for a reason, but here are some other plausible outcomes:

11-3 (L @FSU, L vs ND, L ACCCG, W Mid-Tier Bowl Game) [Did not meet expectations]

11-3 (W @FSU, L vs ND, L ACCCG, L Mid-Tier Bowl Game / Orange Bowl) [Meets expectations if competitive L in the bowl game]

12-2 (W @FSU, L vs ND, L ACCCG, W Mid-Tier Bowl Game / Orange Bowl) [Meets expectations if Mid-Tier W; Above expectations if OB W]

12-2 (L @FSU, W vs ND, W ACCCG, L Orange Bowl / CFP Semi-Final) [Exceeds Expectations if ACCCG is a W against FSU that keeps them out of the Playoffs; Above expectations if competitive L in the OB; Exceeds expectations with CFP berth]

13-1 (W @FSU, W vs ND, W ACCCG, L CFP Semi-Final) [Exceeds expectations]

Based on how we played at the end of the season, I think the Canes would have been able to hang with Michigan, FSU, Louisville, PSU, USC, OU, Wisconsin, LSU. I predict that they will end the season in similar form next year, but with a better record to show for it. I just can't see how our OL will be good enough in '17. I think the secondary and WRs are question marks, but less so if we finish the recruiting season strong.

::Homer Glasses Off:

Miss on all 2017 recruiting targets, no QB stands out, multiple injuries on both sides, no real improvement on OL, lackluster secondary/WR development. 9-4

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
September:

Bethune Cookman
Arkansas State
Toledo

eee7dcf9682710ad0a3875718352e5cf.gif

Pretty weak schedule
Notre dame
Toledo
Arkansas state
Bethune

Atlantic crossover
Fsu
Syracuse

Yikes! So the games that we actually had a say in scheduling (ND doesn't count since it is part of the ACC rotation) are Toledo, Arkansas State and Bethune Cookman.

:1sdn:

Also, why don't we have a :barf: smiley?

Last edited:
::Homer Glasses On::

The Coastal is down next year. Assuming we finish the recruiting season strong and find a QB that can sufficiently run the system, at the absolute worst, I see this team going 10-4 (L @FSU, L vs ND, L ACCCG, L Mid-Tier Bowl Game). Obviously, games are played for a reason, but here are some other plausible outcomes:

11-3 (L @FSU, L vs ND, L ACCCG, W Mid-Tier Bowl Game) [Did not meet expectations]

11-3 (W @FSU, L vs ND, L ACCCG, L Mid-Tier Bowl Game / Orange Bowl) [Meets expectations if competitive L in the bowl game]

12-2 (W @FSU, L vs ND, L ACCCG, W Mid-Tier Bowl Game / Orange Bowl) [Meets expectations if Mid-Tier W; Above expectations if OB W]

12-2 (L @FSU, W vs ND, W ACCCG, L Orange Bowl / CFP Semi-Final) [Exceeds Expectations if ACCCG is a W against FSU that keeps them out of the Playoffs; Above expectations if competitive L in the OB; Exceeds expectations with CFP berth]

13-1 (W @FSU, W vs ND, W ACCCG, L CFP Semi-Final) [Exceeds expectations]

Based on how we played at the end of the season, I think the Canes would have been able to hang with Michigan, FSU, Louisville, PSU, USC, OU, Wisconsin, LSU. I predict that they will end the season in similar form next year, but with a better record to show for it. I just can't see how our OL will be good enough in '17. I think the secondary and WRs are question marks, but less so if we finish the recruiting season strong.

::Homer Glasses Off:

Miss on all 2017 recruiting targets, no QB stands out, multiple injuries on both sides, no real improvement on OL, lackluster secondary/WR development. 9-4

Double digits wins in the REGULAR season in just year 2 of the Richt Era would exceed my expectations just off the fact we haven't had one since '03 (14 years). I much rather have a FSU win then the ND win.. but of course I hope we beat both. But winning 10, 11, 12 games would give the impression to recruits that their home town team, Miami, is moving on up and it will only be 1-2 years before we are a regularly contenders for the CFP.. and if that happens.. We will be the LSU of SFL again.. we get first dibs.. if we want you.. we'll get you. if not the rest can have our crumbs

Advertisement
Back