Canes offer 6'5 325LB Oregon DT Jayson Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Those are the same coaches who recruited him across the country to Oregon over Alabama? Then add his DL coach from Oregon was coming here too? Is that really crazy to think ?

If he didnt visit UM then yeah it's a bit crazy. I have no doubt that the kid visited Oregon before signing there.

To be fair to Canesport people around UM were confident earlier in the week. Last I heard anything was maybe Monday and they thought they had a pretty good shot. But like I said last night " Auburn is one of those schools " lol.
Auburn is a cult, like TAMU cultish, both in their own good ways. Their student/alumni satisfaction scores* typical track in the very high 90s.

Been all over the world and Auburn fans always seems to find a way to shout out to one another.

*Your mileage may vary

Advertisement
Have a feeling when it’s all said and done Shemar and Moten slide inside anyway. Shemar is just a big *** kid and once he hits a real strength and conditioning program he will carry 300-310 lbs.

Not a surprise.

You don't push your announcement up to Christmas Eve and not even visit campus if you're coming to Miami.

As always for those that don't pick us:
Angry Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO

Advertisement
What is the next move at DT? Portal wise. I know we're still on Moten n Holton.

Definitely expect some more portal options to become available.

+

Moten - I have a hard time seeing him go to OU if we press, which at this point ..
Halton (Oregon commit) - who I expect to flip if he visits.
Christen Miller - Long shot, but get the kid on campus and you never know.

Plus, obviously Shemar. I know, I know…edge edge but if that kid is 270 now, we are fooling ourselves if we think he will stay on the edge lol. Play the 5T too, he is freakish enough to be a multiple guy, but he will definitely satisfy that interior itch if he signs.

NIL is cool and all but these inbreds from the SEC are still dropping bags left and right obviously. Hard to combat them if you don't know when or how much they're paying.

The new boosters need to not worry about a new stadium and setup some substantial NIL deals or drop bags or all these other investments won't mean as much.

Advertisement
Have a feeling when it’s all said and done Shemar and Moten slide inside anyway. Shemar is just a big *** kid and once he hits a real strength and conditioning program he will carry 300-310 lbs.
I think he's bagged up. LSU, Georgia, and LSU are the schools he's visited I'm pretty sure.

We can have 8 million in staff budget but at the end of the day you win with these types.

Obviously it’s a short recruiting periods for the new staff so I’m not that disappointed.

But when you look a the fact that we’ve lost so many head to head battles with auburn it’s gets to the point where I’m growing tired of this ****. Auburn has been pure trash since Cam Newton.

Next cycle we need to start winning these high level recruitments

Advertisement
We can have 8 million in staff budget but at the end of the day you win with these types.

Obviously it’s a short recruiting periods for the new staff so I’m not that disappointed.

But when you look a the fact that we’ve lost so many head to head battles with auburn it’s gets to the point where I’m growing tired of this ****. Auburn has been pure trash since Cam Newton.

Next cycle we need to start winning these high level recruitments

Keeping expectations right now in check of course but I think most of us have our eyes on this type of thing as well

Doesn’t matter how confident folks at Hecht are. This was your typical DT/SEC recruitment.
I wouldn't even say they were confident , the prior relationship with the kid made the believe they had a legit shot. That's why the whole " didn't visit " thing wasnt a concern. Something happened between last weekend and the decision. A high level DL in the portal or HS has a lot of " takers".

Btw with Mario we'll be winning a lot more of those head up battles with the sec for DL. You can bet that.

L Taylor's recruitment will be more of the norm going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back