Canes offer 6'5 325LB Oregon DT Jayson Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several in a row ?

How about waiting until Nsd instead of a couple weeks into Mario’s run. If things don’t feel different the last couple of weeks I don’t know what to tell some of you. A bunch of 4-5 star guys have pushed their dates back because of Mario. We’ll likely grab multiple guys from that group , if anything that alone is super impressive.

I’m amazed at how people can turn anything into a negative lol. The guy literally just showed up.
I don’t think you understand my point. I think what Mario is doing is impressive. I’m not a resident mope lmao.

We get it, bro. You’re the insider and you know all. Everyone who doesn’t know what you know is retarded. You’re just so superior.

My point is we need to hit on a few developed players at key positions if we want make this turn around happen as quick as possible. DT is one of those positions. We have major deficiencies up front.

Advertisement
We get it, bro. You’re the insider and you know all. Everyone who doesn’t know what you know is retarded. You’re just so superior
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The thing is Mario at Oregon isn’t a threat to the SEC.

When a kid has Miami in the his final 3/5 Along with SEC schools it’s a different ball game.

There is low pressure at Oregon. Alabama recruits itself.

Mario will have to work harder then he’s ever before on the trail. SEC schools are threatened that we actually have a real coach now. I expect heavy bags to get kids.

WTF can auburn realistically sell? They are second fiddle in their own state. They’ve been just as mediocre as us for a while. They straight up buy kids especially ones we target.

Like I said prior.. this is a new staff and they’ve only had a few weeks, but so far Texas got 3 kids we were after and 2 of them were committed to Mario. And we were after 2 guys that Auburn signed out of the thin air, one being a former player at Oregon.

It will be interesting to how next class goes
He went head to head against SEC schools and beat them for recruits. What he sold them on in Oregon over time is different than selling a recruit in a few short weeks. We will win more than we lose from here on.

Hey…

We are losing battles we need to win. This is several in a row at a position of need. Looking like this rebuild will need to take longer than everyone wants.

Huge dudes like this aren’t hanging on trees. We need to hit on a few older guys if we want to have a chance at a quick turnaround.
Slow down big fella, first step is winning the Coastal, we don't need a rebuild for that. We actually don't need to rebuild to win the ACC, and we're already in the playoffs off of that alone!

Step away from the ledge. One thing Mario can certainly do is recruit players. You can go on with your life and check back in in a month or two and you’ll see things are on another level. Don’t lose your mind over every recruiting battle.

Reactions: WIN
Advertisement
There's something about fandom that requires people to lose any semblance of perspective, objectivity, and reason. I would love to think this is limited to Gator Tears, Nole Tears, etc., but the more and more I read CIS and some of the delusion that exists here, the more I lose hope for this world.

Mario could turn **** into wine and some of y'all would complain that the wine wasn't aged well enough. My goodness! Merry freaking Christmas everyone

Advertisement
The 22 class was absolutely dead just two weeks ago.

Any recruits we sign from here on out is literally luxury additions.

2023 & 2024 is where you wanna take a fine toothed comb of examination over the classes, but this class, nothing but icing on the top in terms of any prospects we can sign by Feb NSD.

As far as the portal adds, that’s a long distance game, you can get portal guys all the way up until August.

Mario is elite at recruiting , he filled a roster with zero in state talent with mostly 4 and five stars. Now imagine that being in such a talent rich state.

Miami is back to recruiting national on top of the In state talent.

Just watch how he finishes a class with only a couple weeks to work with. The amount of high level kids pushing their date back is crazy in itself. In three years the tranches will look like big boy trenches.
You saying we finna build them trenches in tranches. CFB gonna need reinsurance...

Advertisement
Sorry to break the news but a couple schools will always be on another level. Also I’m not sure what some were expecting in a couple weeks lol. Then again this is cis.

“They’ve been here a couple weeks” doesn’t cut it as an excuse with Jayson Jones… he played for Mario and the new D-line coach at Oregon.

The relationship was already there, we just got beat again by the SEC again for another DT, again

People are right to be concerned IMO and if we lose Shemar Stewart to the SEC, they have a right to be full on skeptical/ mopes.

This program doesn’t turn around until the lines turn around. And if the SEC stays taking our lunch on d-line recruiting then that’s a bad bad sign

“They’ve been here a couple weeks” doesn’t cut it as an excuse with Jayson Jones… he played for Mario and the new D-line coach at Oregon.

The relationship was already there, we just got beat again by the SEC again for another DT, again

People are right to be concerned IMO and if we lose Shemar Stewart to the SEC, they have a right to be full on skeptical/ mopes.

This program doesn’t turn around until the lines turn around. And if the SEC stays taking our lunch on d-line recruiting then that’s a bad bad sign

He got a bag to go back home , this wasn’t apples to apples. He’s from Alabama, that’s a big advantage on top of the money and being across country for a year. But I’ll leave it to y’all to freak out over nothing. The same people saying we lost a battle to Auburn will be the same ones saying we only won the LT recruitment because we were the home team lol. This place is too much lol.

How about we talk in Feb or better yet in 23. Once again if you can’t see a huge difference in a couple weeks you don’t want to see it. We were ranked in the 60’s a month ago, there’s a chance we could finish in the 20’s. I’m not sure if some people understand how crazy that is , just the possibility of it.

Last edited:
What am I missing here that gets you guys all up in arms over this player? Is it just the size (he is massive, tbf)?

Would've been a nice get, I'm sure, but nothing to be heartbroken over. HS highlights were just a massive young man mugging some tiny white kids.

Advertisement

This is subpar porsting, even for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back