Canes offer 2021 OLB/Edge Thomas Davis

I'm not Chase's best friend dad, I literally told you where my info is from.

Posters here would be able to confirm that the source i use has been right plenty of times, and has been wrong too (notice I didnt make a statement of 100% certainty, i never will bc i know how recruiting works)

Anyway, I've read this board long enough (way before actually signing up) to realize there are a **** ton of trolls, so I dont take any offense by your response. It's cool.

Fair enough

Advertisement
E48772A5-CF56-4F5B-97C0-EFF91873226B.jpeg

:pgdead: :pgdead: :pgdead::pgdead:
@IndayArtHauz
@Zbrod95

Advertisement
@Lance Roffers

Where is this from a percentile standpoint on your spreadsheet?

From an athletic profile standpoint...what if I said Oshane Ximines?

HS Combine usually don't have players test in the 3-Cone, or at least do not generally release the results if they do.

At the NFL Combine, there have been 66 players run at least a 7.08 3-cone and weigh 225 pounds or more in the last three years.

Including just TE's, LB's, Edge, DE, SS who weigh 225 pounds or more and completed this event, 66 players out of 154 completed the test in this time frame. It's a solid time for a HS player, but nothing elite. With more strength training, technique training, flexibility training through S & C, he will probably leave college a 260-pound edge player who keeps much of this flexibility.

Oshane weighed in at 253 pounds, ran a 4.78 40, benched 225-pounds 24 times, had a vertical leap of 34", a broad jump of 118" (a little over 9'8"), a short-shuttle of 4.57, and a 3-cone of 7.13. That's probably a pretty good comparison from an athletic standpoint, though Oshane profiles a tad better athletically.

The closest comparison to an NFL Combine participant is probably Jalen Jelks, who went to Oregon.

Advertisement
Davis' s coach spoke to Rivals about his recruitment. He said that the FSU offer was a big one for the family - they had hoped for an offer from FSU for awhile. Auburn and Georgia are also involved now - both talking with him as are some other schools. Seems like he still plans on announcing August 24th - coach said Miami was his "leader" after he decommitted from Misssissippi but the situation may be a bit "murky" right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Posting false information
We're a dumpster fire at the moment no doubt but at least there is some momentum with portal and recruiting on upswing. I think Norvell is a solid game day coach but I believe he is a massive liability on the trail at a school like FSU. Surprised to hear that was that big of an offer for Davis. Their shine has worn off quicker than any program in recent memory and based on recruiting right now not sure it's coming back any time soon.

Davis' s coach spoke to Rivals about his recruitment. He said that the FSU offer was a big one for the family - they had hoped for an offer from FSU for awhile. Auburn and Georgia are also involved now - both talking with him as are some other schools. Seems like he still plans on announcing August 24th - coach said Miami was his "leader" after he decommitted from Misssissippi but the situation may be a bit "murky" right now.
His recruitment always felt odd and rushed to me for some reason. Glad he didn't commit to us early on. This kid has some talent but I'm not losing sleep over a 6 foot defensive end. Wonder what happened with him and our staff though.

His recruitment always felt odd and rushed to me for some reason. Glad he didn't commit to us early on. This kid has some talent but I'm not losing sleep over a 6 foot defensive end. Wonder what happened with him and our staff though.
I wanted that kid from Oregon that lsu got. Thomas seemed a little to short for the ends that we are recruiting and too slow for the linebackers we want.
He sort of reminds me of chatfield in a way where his production seemed solid but you had to wonder if it would translate.
I still think we find a spot on the team for him but if they want noles then they were never really canes.

Advertisement
Back