Canes offer 2021 OLB/Edge Thomas Davis

Ivins and Lake don’t know how to evaluate talent Properly, and they need clicks. Just remember that.

I thought looking at the video he looked close to 6’2.

I know one thing, I went back watching highlights on YouTube during this quarantine time, and Miami Northwestern vs. Lowdes is one game I watched. He stood out, and looked like a beast in that game.

Advertisement
And he’s probably going to get faster as he gets stronger. Let Hammet play on the D-line and play Davis at Backer.

Disagree, leave him at DE. Freeny and Mathis were pretty **** good at that height. Not everything needs to fit a profile. Let the speed get after the qb if he's got the chops for it

Disagree, leave him at DE. Freeny and Mathis were pretty **** good at that height. Not everything needs to fit a profile. Let the speed get after the qb if he's got the chops for it
Or I can put the longer guy who has the same athletic ability at end...because that actually makes sense. What’s next? Are you gonna compare him to Elvis Dumervil?

Advertisement
Haha he ran 4.71 on lasers per Ivins. Can y’all say LB?
Nah, he's strong as an ox and has violent hands. I'm sure he can play as an "edge rusher" which pretty much would be a blend of LB and DE but I wouldn't want him in coverage at all.

David Lake made a comment on their podcast about Davis being a change of pace edge rusher from the typical tall and long edge rushers which I thought was a good point. OT's we face won't know how to handle the variety of rushers we have imo.

Nah, he's strong as an ox and has violent hands. I'm sure he can play as an "edge rusher" which pretty much would be a blend of LB and DE but I wouldn't want him in coverage at all.
Hmm, so why do you want Hammett in coverage?

Hmm, so why do you want Hammett in coverage?
Hammet's change of direction is much better than Davis's. He's quicker with his reaction to the ball laterally on film and plays better in space.

Do you see Sam Brooks in Hammett's film?

Thomas Davis official 3 Cone Time at that camp was 7.07! That's insane
For a DE the average at the combine is 7.23
And he’s probably going to get faster as he gets stronger. Let Hammet play on the D-line and play Davis at Backer.
Hammett imo should be a DE regardless. He us 6'3 210 and just turned 17. He has plenty of room to grow physically. There is nothing wrong with having an edge rusher that does not always fit the profile. He might not be longest, but he is strong af, quick and fast, and has great hands(talking about Davis)

Advertisement
Hammet's change of direction is much better than Davis's. He's quicker with his reaction to the ball laterally on film and plays better in space.

Do you see Sam Brooks in Hammett's film?
So you can see change in direction on a tape where all he’s doing is getting? Nothing in coverage? Is that what you’re saying to me? Because at least Sam brooks dropped into legit coverage instead of flats like Jacorey.

For a DE the average at the combine is 7.23

Hammett imo should be a DE regardless. He us 6'3 210 and just turned 17. He has plenty of room to grow physically. There is nothing wrong with having an edge rusher that does not always fit the profile. He might not be longest, but he is strong af, quick and fast, and has great hands(talking about davis)
Exactly, use Hammett for his length/speed combo and turn Davis into a Mike Back with his quickness. That way Johnson and Troutman can play a more natural off-ball role.

Exactly, use Hammett for his length/speed combo and turn Davis into a Mike Back with his quickness. That way Johnson and Troutman can play a more natural off-ball role.
I really dont care what they do with him, personally I think he can excel at the DE. I think Dsvis is just so unorthodox, due to size and athlecticism that OTs will have problems with him; but as long as the bring him I don't care. What do you think about Chase Smith as a LB or should he play striker. I think he is big enough to play OLB effectively and it would add significant speed to the LB depth?

Advertisement
Why can't they both be DEs? And you don't know if they have the same ability. Your all knowing act is tiresome
What the **** are you talking about? We’re not taking 3 DE’s in this. LOL at some random poster trying to come at me. Know your ******* role and lurk. I’ve produced a ton of content on this board and I know a lot about this sport hence why the owner of this place keeps asking me to put up scouting content and has for years. Take your disrespectful *** somewhere else.

So you can see change in direction on a tape where all he’s doing is getting? Nothing in coverage? Is that what you’re saying to me? Because at least Sam brooks dropped into legit coverage instead of flats like Jacorey.
I dont think hammett has the body to be full time de I would put davis at de for the fact that he already gets alot done working between guard and tackle. All depends how hammett grows I'm not a big fan of dropping de into coverage like we did Rousseau start of the season

Davis 6'2 230lbs rn, does he lack length, yeah, but he definitely excels at other things that make me think he can effectively play DE at the next level.

Advertisement
I really dont care what they do with him, personally I think he can excel at the DE. I think Dsvis is just so unorthodox, due to size and athlecticism that OTs will have problems with him; but as long as the bring him I don't care. What do you think about Chase Smith as a LB or should he play striker. I think he is big enough to play OLB effectively and it would add significant speed to the LB depth?
I want Chase anywhere. Problem is that Ivins won’t even put him in any of his mocks(which are conservative). No one knows where we stand apparently.

I dont think hammett has the body to be full time de I would put davis at de for the fact that he already gets alot done working between guard and tackle. All depends how hammett grows I'm not a big fan of dropping de into coverage like we did Rousseau start of the season
Hammett is 6'3 210lbs, and just turned 17. His body has plenty of room to develop physically. His body type is similar to Trevon Hill, but he is more athletic.

He doesn’t have to be full time DE. Viper isn’t a full time DE anyway but he plays a similar role now.

Ha, you got the crown. Why so easily triggered bud? As it stands now btw, Hammet is coming in as a LB. And no one came for you as you said....I simply said I disagree.

Advertisement
Back