Canes in NYC

Advertisement
That's the one on Seventh at First. Original location. You are blessed to have experienced the serenity that is Caracas Arepas.

For sure bro. I have only been there a couple times becasue I usually am not in that section of the city, but I may need to make another visit over there real soon. lol.

For sure bro. I have only been there a couple times becasue I usually am not in that section of the city, but I may need to make another visit over there real soon. lol.

Go to the one in Williamsburg. It's a proper restaurant with a crazy selection of rum, and a sun room opening out to a really lovely garden/dining area in the back. Usually not nearly as crowded as the ABC location.

Advertisement
Go to the one in Williamsburg. It's a proper restaurant with a crazy selection of rum, and a sun room opening out to a really lovely garden/dining area in the back. Usually not nearly as crowded as the ABC location.

I will definetly have to hit that one up one day when I am off from working. Going over the BK bridge after work is a nightmare lol. Thanks for the advice.

The brzl steak house is amazing. I have never been to the japanes place tho.

It's long closed. Yasuda is regarded as a living sushi master. I had no idea at the time, and ate omakase straight from his hands. I didn't realize it until he was profiled on Parts Unknown years later.

Not the most expensive or super famous sushi spot in NYC (a la Masa or Nobu), but I can still taste some of that meal a decade later.

I will definetly have to hit that one up one day when I am off from working. Going over the BK bridge after work is a nightmare lol. Thanks for the advice.

Well **** man I just heard they're closing down the L train for several months. I used to take that every day and it was a NIGHTMARE. I can't imagine what's going to happen when it's not available.

Separately, if you haven't been... Fat Cat Billiards in the West Village. My single favorite place on earth. Divey, dirty, cheap, a million pool and ping bong tables, shuffleboard, foosball and live jazz. They don't serve food but you're welcome to bring your own or have something delivered there.

Advertisement
Well **** man I just heard they're closing down the L train for several months. I used to take that every day and it was a NIGHTMARE. I can't imagine what's going to happen when it's not available.

Separately, if you haven't been... Fat Cat Billiards in the West Village. My single favorite place on earth. Divey, dirty, cheap, a million pool and ping bong tables, shuffleboard, foosball and live jazz. They don't serve food but you're welcome to bring your own or have something delivered there.

De Blasio and Cuomo are dumb and dumber when it comes to transit.

The whole MTA is a mess.

That shutdown is going to be catastrophic.

Those sounds amazing but I’m a classic steak guy.

The Waygu filet at this place was magical.

I may have orgasmed mid meal.

I'm not really, and never did the Peter Luger/Smith & Wollensky type places. I went to Keane's (I think) years back and it was great, but just not the same as something more out there for me.

Give me Amy Ruth's chicken and waffles in Harlem.

It's long closed. Yasuda is regarded as a living sushi master. I had no idea at the time, and ate omakase straight from his hands. I didn't realize it until he was profiled on Parts Unknown years later.

Not the most expensive or super famous sushi spot in NYC (a la Masa or Nobu), but I can still taste some of that meal a decade later.

That is awesome. you are lucky af to get to eat there lol. I would LOVE to go to MASA, but once a place gets 3 michelin stars. Good luck getting in lol. I haven't even tried. I know a few of the partners at my job have the hookup for a lot of those places so one day I can hopefully hit it up with them. I LOVE sushi.

De Blasio and Cuomo are dumb and dumber when it comes to transit.

The whole MTA is a mess.

That shutdown is going to be catastrophic.

I left partially because it was just getting too ridiculous. All the foreigners buying apartments as investments. The nightmare that was Sandy. But what really did it for me was when I started to see 7-11's taking over bodegas in the East Village. That was when I knew NYC was dying.

Advertisement
I left partially because it was just getting too ridiculous. All the foreigners buying apartments as investments. The nightmare that was Sandy. But what really did it for me was when I started to see 7-11's taking over bodegas in the East Village. That was when I knew NYC was dying.

De Blasio ran on this exact platform and then proceeded to do everything in his power to ensure the changes continued.

It’s mind boggling.

That is awesome. you are lucky af to get to eat there lol. I would LOVE to go to MASA, but once a place gets 3 michelin stars. Good luck getting in lol. I haven't even tried. I know a few of the partners at my job have the hookup for a lot of those places so one day I can hopefully hit it up with them. I LOVE sushi.

Yeah I'm super lucky. Just wish I would've appreciated it better when I was there. I didn't even like sushi but the GF wanted to go. It was the first time I really experienced sushi and completely fell in love with it.

My buddy is a securities attorney. He'd have clients taking him to places like Masa all the time. From what I've heard, expect to spend $500 ON YOURSELF there.

The city is going to be a MESS I can tell you that right now. During that last "snow storm" it was literally a flurry. I sat in an uber for an hour before I decided to just walk home. It took me 30 min to walk home and I probably would have been stuck in the uber for like 4 hours. The traffic in NYC is as bad as it ever has been right now. When that gets closed down. Ohh man. I have never been there, but I will definetly check it out. It sounds like a very interesting place. Thanks!

Advertisement
The city is going to be a MESS I can tell you that right now. During that last "snow storm" it was literally a flurry. I sat in an uber for an hour before I decided to just walk home. It took me 30 min to walk home and I probably would have been stuck in the uber for like 4 hours. The traffic in NYC is as bad as it ever has been right now. When that gets closed down. Ohh man. I have never been there, but I will definetly check it out. It sounds like a very interesting place. Thanks!

Full of NYU coeds. But if you go on a Saturday/Sunday, get there before 8 or you'll never get a place to sit and something to play.

I just couldn't do it anymore there. The chaos, the filth, the selfishness, the apathy, the expense. I love NYC with all my heart, but it wore me out entirely.

Yeah I'm super lucky. Just wish I would've appreciated it better when I was there. I didn't even like sushi but the GF wanted to go. It was the first time I really experienced sushi and completely fell in love with it.

My buddy is a securities attorney. He'd have clients taking him to places like Masa all the time. From what I've heard, expect to spend $500 ON YOURSELF there.

That is awesome. That is the best way to get introduced to it lol. That is awesome. The best type of jobs are the ones where you get to go to meetings with clients at places like that lol. I have heard similar amounts for the meal lol. I would definetly treat it like a special occasion lol and break out some of my going out cash for the meal.

De Blasio ran on this exact platform and then proceeded to do everything in his power to ensure the changes continued.

It’s mind boggling.

It's a shame. I've been hearing recently about how the MTA needs $41 BILLION to modernize the subway. We're not very far from NYC only being available to the uber rich. It will be all corporations and billionaires.

Full of NYU coeds. But if you go on a Saturday/Sunday, get there before 8 or you'll never get a place to sit and something to play.

I just couldn't do it anymore there. The chaos, the filth, the selfishness, the apathy, the expense. I love NYC with all my heart, but it wore me out entirely.

Yah bro. I know what you mean. The expenses are crazy lol. Same with the selfishness. People think Miami is bad, but NYC is another level. I lived here all my life so I am used to it, but it will wear you out quickly for sure. NYU has some REAL hot girls so I will definetly check it out one of these days. Appreicate the advice bro! Did you move out of the city? I want to eventually move to NJ hopefully bergen county like Tenafly, englewood cliffs, or if im really balling alpine(yah right never happening LMFAO).

Advertisement
Back