Canes Hoops (men and women) have an overseas trip to Italy in August 2019. (Great for recruiting)

We need to get 30 minutes per game out of him. It's ridiculous that he is being counted on so heavily (even at all).
Kid definitely needs to play more than 17 minutes, but Gak was supposed to be the guy not Miller. As a freshman we all, correctly I might add, came to the conclusion that Miller was going to be nothing more than a back up if he remained in this league at all.

When Gak returns Miller will probably return to the bench.

Advertisement
Impossible to comment knowledgably without any idea of how "good" Stella Azzura Academy is.
Sure you can. Players get judged against crappy high school talent and in individual workouts all the time by scouts.

I'm certainly not stating that the young man will even be starting by January but he hasn't done anything wrong up to this point.

Why the hate instead of a little excitement that he may help us out?

Nobody seems to be going out of their way to say that DJ's points were illegitimate.

Marc, I was not referring to any one player. Just saying without knowing the opposition, hard to take much about the team as a whole from such an exhibition.

If we had won, 110-29, we'd know the opposition was weak, What to take from a 4 point win? Hard to say.

Marc, I was not referring to any one player. Just saying without knowing the opposition, hard to take much about the team as a whole from such an exhibition.

If we had won, 110-29, we'd know the opposition was weak, What to take from a 4 point win? Hard to say.

Especially considering that Miami lead by 17 at the half, lost the lead in the second half then they had to rally for the four point win. Even if we cannot see the game, a video highlight package would be nice.

Trailing by four, 66-62, in the closing minutes, Miami seized control of the game. After a 3-pointer by Vasiljevic, freshman guard Isaiah Wong logged an old-fashioned three and then added two more points from the line to give the Hurricanes, with 2:44 to play, a 70-66 lead they would not relinquish.

The late surge came despite being down to six players, as two (freshman guard Harlond Beverly and junior guard Chris Lykes) fouled out and another (redshirt junior center Rodney Miller, Jr.) missed the final quarter with cramps. Per the article on Hurricanesports.com.

Advertisement
1. Don't know, don't care.
2. European. Probably C level
3. Why not contact UM's trainers or Coach L and see if they'll explain themselves to someone like you. I get the feeling they'll tell you where you can put that question.

Here is my question to you.

Why do you hate a kid for trying and not being very good?

He's trying the best that he can. He didn't transfer and he didn't give up.

I can't speak for Consig, but Miller not being very good at basketball is in no way an indictment of him. It's an indictment of the coaching staff for failing to fill an absolutely vital (and obvious) roster gap this past off season.

1. Don't know, don't care.
2. European. Probably C level
3. Why not contact UM's trainers or Coach L and see if they'll explain themselves to someone like you. I get the feeling they'll tell you where you can put that question.

Here is my question to you.

Why do you hate a kid for trying and not being very good?

He's trying the best that he can. He didn't transfer and he didn't give up.

Nobody hates the kid. I think he is a waste of a ship as he is not, based on actual performance, an ACC caliber player.

As long as he is “trying the best that he can”...way to end your porst.

I can't speak for Consig, but Miller not being very good at basketball is in no way an indictment of him. It's an indictment of the coaching staff for failing to fill an absolutely vital (and obvious) roster gap this past off season.

Bingo. Not sure why this needs to be rehashed over and over again. Nobody hates Rodney.

Advertisement
Nobody hates the kid. I think he is a waste of a ship as he is not, based on actual performance, an ACC caliber player.

As long as he is “trying the best that he can”...way to end your porst.
Not sure if your eyes are working today but its pretty obvious that I ended my "porst" by saying "he didn't transfer he didn't give up". That's important to people who've done something in there life and understand the value of persistence in the face of adversity.

And stop it. You don't like Rodney. That's why all I had to say was Rodney Miller 8 and 7 not too shabby and suddenly you swoop down from your lair on high with a bunch of irrelevant questions. I don't know any more than you do about the other team.

Considering that Miami could have added a grad transfer or two who could have averaged north of 10 points and 8 rebounds a game this season and they instead intended to start Rodney Miller then Rodney needs to average north of 10 points and 8 rebounds this season.

Reading between the lines, by not adding a grad transfer to fill that role, the coaches are telling us they feel confident Rodney Miller will fill that role and average north of 10 points and 8 rebounds per game.

Fair or foul, that is how I see it.

Not sure if your eyes are working today but its pretty obvious that I ended my "porst" by saying "he didn't transfer he didn't give up". That's important to people who've done something in there life and understand the value of persistence in the face of adversity.

And stop it. You don't like Rodney. That's why all I had to say was Rodney Miller 8 and 7 not too shabby and suddenly you swoop down from your lair on high with a bunch of irrelevant questions. I don't know any more than you do about the other team.

You made a porst and you followed it up with another porst. Thanks for the life lesson BtW.

I don’t hate Rodney. I never said that. Please find said quote. Otherwise, move on.

I hate that our coaches have him on scholarship. I hate that our coaches consistently have roster management issues. This has nothing to do with hating Rodney. He may be the salt of the...I don’t hate him.

As for the 8 and 7, who cares? Who did we play? It is more telling how he can’t stay on the court.

Advertisement
Especially considering that Miami lead by 17 at the half, lost the lead in the second half then they had to rally for the four point win. Even if we cannot see the game, a video highlight package would be nice.

Trailing by four, 66-62, in the closing minutes, Miami seized control of the game. After a 3-pointer by Vasiljevic, freshman guard Isaiah Wong logged an old-fashioned three and then added two more points from the line to give the Hurricanes, with 2:44 to play, a 70-66 lead they would not relinquish.

The late surge came despite being down to six players, as two (freshman guard Harlond Beverly and junior guard Chris Lykes) fouled out and another (redshirt junior center Rodney Miller, Jr.) missed the final quarter with cramps. Per the article on Hurricanesports.com.
The following questions can be asked and answered by those in attendance:

1. Did we execute our offense?
2. Did we play sound defense?
3. Who got into foul trouble?
4. How did the freshmen handle their first outing?
5. Who is trying to assert themselves as the alpha on the team?
6. Who improved at what?
7.Has Chris Lykes gotten more under control?

One game can't answer every question, but as long as you're playing against other experienced basketball players one game becomes 2 and 2 becomes 10 and you can start seeing a pattern.

You made a porst and you followed it up with another porst. Thanks for the life lesson BtW.

I don’t hate Rodney. I never said that. Please find said quote. Otherwise, move on.

I hate that our coaches have him on scholarship. I hate that our coaches consistently have roster management issues. This has nothing to do with hating Rodney. He may be the salt of the...I don’t hate him.

As for the 8 and 7, who cares? Who did we play? It is more telling how he can’t stay on the court.
I care. Coach L cares and probably his whole team cares. Because we all want to see him do better.

Maybe that's why you don't care.

In any event you are welcome!

Advertisement
I care. Coach L cares and probably his whole team cares. Because we all want to see him do better.

Maybe that's why you don't care.

In any event you are welcome!

Nobody really cares without knowing the quality of the opponent. So...

So you have no evidence that I hate Rodney. Can we move on?

Considering that Miami could have added a grad transfer or two who could have averaged north of 10 points and 8 rebounds a game this season and they instead intended to start Rodney Miller then Rodney needs to average north of 10 points and 8 rebounds this season.

Reading between the lines, by not adding a grad transfer to fill that role, the coaches are telling us they feel confident Rodney Miller will fill that role and average north of 10 points and 8 rebounds per game.

Fair or foul, that is how I see it.
I don't think that Rodney was supposed to start this year. Nobody anticipated Gak going down for the season. Definitely next man up and that man is Rodney. Can he give us 10 and 8? Not sure what will happen when he plays against the best big men in college basketball(the ACC). But this is who we have.

But this is who we have.
You make some good points. But (dealing with) "this is what we have" is getting old... as is this coach, and the disappointing rosters and seasons. No reflection on good kids (young men) working hard deserving support, but venting in this forum is surely not deserving of scorn I think.

Advertisement
Back