Official "Canes Fans" who root for FSU Tears thread

Advertisement
1. Perception of the conference is irreversibly tarnished if an undefeated ACC champion doesn't get in. It's going to be even more difficult for Mario to convince a top recruit/portal transfer to consider coming to come to Miami when going undefeated doesn't necessarily guarantee you a spot in the playoff. I get it, expansion is coming, but how the goalposts get moved then with muscled-up versions of the SEC and BIG?

2. There's a world where a ****ed-off FSU squad rallies to win their NY6 game and then pulls a UCF, i.e, claims a Natty (raises a banner, etc.)

3. The same ****ed-off FSU program attacks the portal with a vengeance, convinces fence sitting NFL prospects to come back to school, etc.

I think the best outcome for all parties is FSU getting in and then being humbled in a Semifinal.
@JD08 @Brains @RVACane

Off With His Head Vikings GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

Purgatory at least?

Advertisement
1. Perception of the conference is irreversibly tarnished if an undefeated ACC champion doesn't get in. It's going to be even more difficult for Mario to convince a top recruit/portal transfer to consider coming to come to Miami when going undefeated doesn't necessarily guarantee you a spot in the playoff. I get it, expansion is coming, but how the goalposts get moved then with muscled-up versions of the SEC and BIG?

2. There's a world where a ****ed-off FSU squad rallies to win their NY6 game and then pulls a UCF, i.e, claims a Natty (raises a banner, etc.)

3. The same ****ed-off FSU program attacks the portal with a vengeance, convinces fence sitting NFL prospects to come back to school, etc.

I think the best outcome for all parties is FSU getting in and then being humbled in a Semifinal.

200w.gif

Advertisement
This is a ridiculous line of thinking… FSU not getting in means they get slaughtered by the SEC runner up… or Oregon in their bowl game. You can bet that their draft eligible players will opt out unless bound by their NIL clause. They go out whimpering and beaten with zero claim to anything

Playoffs is moving to 12 teams, a weak ACC or not in future years we can still make it even if the conference sucks

If the Committee sticks to its charter we probably get Michigan, Texas, Bama, and Gerogia. That’s not gonna happen.

Advertisement
I get the FSU discourse (I hate them too) but we might as well be playing in a G5 conference if they get left out
Nope. Incorrect. If they were smashing muthphuckers by 50 like the 2014 FSU team. They would be in.

They were barely beating people with Travis. The only top notch team they put foots in, was lsu.

Miami, Clemson, BC, uF and UL less than 10 points. Duke and Pitt were less than 20. That 2014 FSU team margin of victory would have been 30+ points.

This is just weak *** Fsu team capitalizing on a weak year in Acc.

Last edited:
Advertisement
While I don’t think the committee can take FSU out of the playoffs for some of the stated reasons, you won’t catch me dead defending or rooting for trailerhassee in the playoffs or ever. Also for pure football sake, their game is gonna be awful tv, don’t make america watch that ****** game.

I stand corrected, **** them noles HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IMG_6796.jpeg

Advertisement
Back