Canes Fans Not From South Florida

Phx, AZ-My family(dad and 5 uncles)were all Oklahoma Sooner fans but I broke tradition due to Michael Irvin. 16yrs old growing up to all that swagger I was hooked.

Advertisement
From Daytona... one of our own (Kenny McMillan) was the QB before Jim Kelly been a fan since...Now living in Jacksonville (Orange Park) and not intentionally but raised a Cane who is Shaq...and can't wait to see him gear up...

Born and raised in ACC country-North Carolina...I hated FSU as much or more than anyone so it made sense to root for UM. Became a fan during the mid-late 90's, the dreads, golds and swag sold me.

Born on Long Island (Like Vinny); couldn't stand college football, teams like 'Bama, O$Uck and Pedo State were boring to me. Family moved to Southwest Florida and I started watching the 'Canes in 1979 because they PASSED the ball with a guy named Jim Kelly. Family moved to Orlando, I joined the Navy Reserve, then the Air Force and took my 'Canes fandom from Turkey, into Lower Alabama (Hurlburt Field, Florida ) for 11 years, then Nevada, Germany and deployed sites from Central America to Iraq...Now stuck in $uckeye land, USA with subUrban and his new $ucknut faithful...

Born and raised in Fairfax, VA, I especially hate VT living here in....but I just chose The U when I was a kid for whatever reason and haven't looked back

Advertisement
Grew up in Kansas and was actually a Dolphins fan before I was a Hurricanes fan. My older brother was a dolphins fan, so I became a Dolphins fan (huge Marino fan) in the late 80's.

Realized the Miami Hurricanes were good so I liked them as well (jumped on the bandwagon as a kid). They surpassed the Dolphins, and every other team, and have been the team that I am most passionate about!

Just like everyone else in here... Can't wait for the return to dominance!

Advertisement
FRCane- Live right up 24 from you and "the Braga." Went to college with Chris Herren (briefly/good dude) and Mikey Martin (two Fall River/Durfee guys) but I may be dating myself a bit there brosef.

Born in Daytona, Live in DC, been a Canes fan since I could walk.

After my parents moved to FL a friend of theirs had an extra ticket to the Miami/Nebraska Orange bowl game in the 1983 season... my dad loved the Canes from that day forward and I never really had a choice.

I did make the choice of hating UF/FSU but that came naturally.

I was born in Jackson, Tennessee, but just moved to Atlanta. I have been loving the canes since I was 12 years old (I'm 31 now). Everybody in my family grew up Tennessee fans....lol. I just went to my first 'Canes game here against GaTech.

Advertisement
Born and raised in Little Rock, Arkansad as a Canes fan surrounded by the most delusional cult, I mean fan base, in America.

More Canes fans outside Miami than Canes fans in Miami it seems. Even my U map seems to suggest the same. That's probably true with any school though.

Ohio cane... worst day ever has a kid was when you know what happened but that only made my commitment stronger!! Go canes!!

Advertisement
My grandfather was a Proffessor of Botany for the University of Miami. I have been wearing cane gear since I was a baby. Grew up on the west coast in Sarasota. Now I live in Atlanta. Still rocking my Canes gear every day

Advertisement
Back