Canes Fans Not From South Florida

Well I've kind of given my answer to this before but not in detail, if anyone cares. Born and raised in south Alabama, about am hour from Pensacola. Everyone I know is either a Bama or an Auburn fan. First game I can ever remember watching is the Fiasco bowl with my family (all Bama fans rooting for Miami to lose) Don't know what it was, maybe just a defiant personality, but I fell in love that day. I was 8, and immersed myself in the history of the program. Downloaded old games, read anything I could find. Never looked back, even though I go to UA thanks to those private school prices (and free ride here lol) Sorry for the long post.

Advertisement
San Pedro, California. All USC and UCLA fans here. Couple Oregon fans, but those are mostly bandwagon fans.

Germany, Family is from Texas and Longhorns fans... Ist all about the U for me ever since I can think.

dad moved to south florida in the late 70s from new york. jumped on the cane train when they got rollin in the 80s. ended up in california as a Marine. i was born there. i remember watching them when i was like 6 with my dad. moved back to florida in 2006. i live in hawaii now as a Marine. rep the U wherever i go.

Chicago, Illinois. Actually hated Notre Dame before I became a hurricane fan. It wasn't hard!

Advertisement
From the Bronx only type of football I played was two hand touch and watched the little giants a couple times I'm Dominican so it was baseball and basketball on tv...moved to Miami in 2001 and was emerged into football I live close to homestead and football is all we do out here the Hurricanes are my team till the end I'm so Miami now it's kinda funny cause I hated it out here when I first moved!!! Go Canes!!!!

Last edited:
Born in Alabama, raised in Daytona Beach FL/Memphis,TN, father UM alum & older brother. All I know is MIAMI HURRICANES!!!! Currently in Memphis reppin The U hard. #CanesOverEverythang.

Lumberton, NC. Watched the boys get off the plane in the '86 fiesta bowl and was hooked. Moved to S. Fla a year later and the rest is history.

Advertisement
Born and raised in South Georgia smack dab in the middle of UGA, GT, FSU, & UF fans. While visiting Miami in 79' my aunt who was school teacher took me to a Hurricane game in the OB.........................it's like a freakin drug!

I'm hooked.

Born n raised in Bartow FL. ...

i rep canes everywhere I stay... Anaheim hills St Louis & Columbia, SC

Currently residing in Chambersburg Pennsylvania

Grew up in Detroit on the east side. Brewster Douglas Homes right downtown. When those got torn down we moved East Warren and Maryland Avenue. I used to play little league football our team was the Hurricanes we wore orange and green we smacked everybody on the way to Orlando and won the pop Warner championship. Been a cane fan ever since.

Born in Maryland and lived in Delaware my whole life. Canes caught my eye in the early 2000s when I really first started getting into sports. Ever since that 2001 season I was hooked. Sean Taylor is my all-time favorite player of any sport. Been supporting this team going on 14 years now.

I'm a Cane fan for the exact same reason. From the Bay Area.

Advertisement
From Southern Illinois.. Saw the Canes run through the smoke on tv when I was 7.. Have been hooked ever since..

From Sarasota, gator country with everyone else on the Noles bandwagon, saw the canes when I was about 7 And was instantly attatched, that being said can't wait til the 15th and hope we can find UF in a bowl cause with their UGA win their on top of the world here again[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Advertisement
Originally from Jersey, now in Raleigh, NC. Became a Cane fan for life watching those 2 Wide Right games in the early 90's as a kid with my old man.

Grew up in Northern NY and now live in rochester NY. I have been a fan since I was 6 back in 1984.

Born and raised in Aiken, SC. The hometown of the Refrigerator Perry. Been a die-hard Cane for 32 years, since the age of 6.

Advertisement
Back