Canes Fans Not From South Florida

Grew up in PA but the Canes were the first and only college football team I ever rooted for. I started following them as a kid during the '83 season and of course I was hooked after the '84 Orange Bowl.

Advertisement
Born and raised in Trenton, NJ. The football team is what made me become a Cane and pursue an education I'll be paying for into my 60's.

Born in Naples. Dad went to UM in the early 90s for his masters. Been a Cane's fan since. I chose a career path in aviation that guided me away from UM as a student. Currently reside just outside Charlotte in Fort Mill, SC. Go Canes!

minneapolis/st.paul minnesota. Dad played with Steve Walsh in high school, so been a fan as long as I can remember.

Advertisement
How many of you on here are not from South Florida, but were meant to be Canes fans regardless?

Born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida, surrounded by 60% Gators, 30% Noles and 10% Bulldogs fans, but they never caught my interest or fancy. The Canes had me from the first time I saw them. Some people are just meant to be Canes fans!

View attachment 26966

Auburndale FL

Advertisement
Family and parents from the Bahamas. Dad was a Cane Fan. Always been a Cane Fan from birth. Love being hated, love talking crap. Canes fit me from day 1

I'm from the bay area. I remember growing up, not really caring about college football. I used to only care about NFL, and in the intro's all you'd hear is the best player saying "The U." That really struck out to me. Hearing all my favorite players in the NFL saying they were from Miami. And I always wanted to live in Florida while growing up. So when the time came for my college applications, I was checking this school out, and was actually suprised that it was ranked top 40 when I was applying. 2 be honest I was surprised I even got in. USC and here were my top 2 choices, so once I got that admission packet, I was on cloud 9. And the only way I could be happier about being a Cane is if tuition magically was reduced, and of course If we had a national championship caliber football team.

Dunedin/ clearwater fl. Meet marino when i was 6 instant dolphin fan. Thought the hurricanes were the minor league team to the dolphins so i became a fan of the canes. when i got older and realized it wasnt like that it didnt matter i was already hooked to the canes!!!

Advertisement
Born here in Orlando but raised in Charlotte North Carolina until 21 (2 years ago, been back in Orlando since). Was close to my uncle growing up. He was a diehard seminole fan and we would watch games at his house. Naturally to be a jerk I just rooted against him and for the canes, started liking the canes when I was about 7 or 8( around 1998-99) and been crazy about them since.

Last edited:
From (basically) Charlotte and now live in Atlanta. Been a Canes fan since 2000 when I was 10.

Advertisement
Born in Orlando, FL. Family is from West Palm on mother's side and Merritt Island, FL on father's side. Living in VA Beach since 9th grade (DC Area since after college).

Jacksonville here. Canes fans since childhood and started watching games during the probation years in the 90's. I didn't see the success of the 80's and didn't understand quite why we were so bad (I was a kid). However, I still remember FSU killing us and there was nothing better than us beating them when I was 13 in 2000. I also remember the UCLA game but I don't think I understood the significance of that one. I became a Canes fan because I was a Dolphins fan but my love for the Canes grew way past that. I still love my Dolphins as well though

Advertisement
Back