Canes Camp Report Episode 10

Why the defense not workin, mutha fcuka? Huh?!?

Not sure I follow.

My bad. It's from an old Miami NW football clip. The year of the bull.

You gotta dig that up sometime. I bet it's epic!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6s23JTmfJOY here ya go. Enjoy

Every time I see this video I think of three things.
1. That kid making fun of Charles is hilarious
2. Why do kids believe their own hype in highschool. ( Willie Williams, Marcus Forston, Ryan Moore and etc..)
3. Football is the heart and soul of South Florida

Advertisement
Not sure I follow.

My bad. It's from an old Miami NW football clip. The year of the bull.

You gotta dig that up sometime. I bet it's epic!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6s23JTmfJOY here ya go. Enjoy

Every time I see this video I think of three things.
1. That kid making fun of Charles is hilarious
2. Why do kids believe their own hype in highschool. ( Willie Williams, Marcus Forston, Ryan Moore and etc..)
3. Football is the heart and soul of South Florida

That was horrible! What a shame that people get like that!

Ya fallin for this **** again? that interior DL looks *** again n our d as a whole looks the same as last year imo. Funny *** porster must b dbcs cousin, homey named eric reid earl thomas n arakpo............u sir r the ultimate homer or retarded.

Tracy isnt really that fast, so when you are matched with a guy like dorsett without safety help and playing press you are goin to get burnt everytime

Advertisement
is it just me or does Williams seem to throw a pic in everyone of these camp reports?

I guess you didn't see Coley pull up underneath the route in order to avoid getting hit which caused the INT. What I saw was Williams make about 10 throws that Morris was incapable of making. Dropping throws in in the corners of soft cover 2 zones, reversing out and making throws to his left, throwing down the seem, making perfect throws in the corner of the endzone with touch and most importantly hitting his WRs in stride. But I guess the mopes will see the one throw where it was clearly the WRs fault for pulling up.

Ooh my!! Did ya'll see that boy Owens?!! That kid might be the biggest freak on the squad!! His bust is insane and he brings that boom!! On those plays he made I had to rewind like 4x each to see where the fug he came from! Wow!

Just gotta remind everyone that I've maintained Darrion Owens to be the best defender in the class, even way before signing day. Still might be wrong, but he's had an encouraging start.

Above all, I'm hyped for April 12th!

Last edited:
Advertisement
is it just me or does Williams seem to throw a pic in everyone of these camp reports?

I guess you didn't see Coley pull up underneath the route in order to avoid getting hit which caused the INT. What I saw was Williams make about 10 throws that Morris was incapable of making. Dropping throws in in the corners of soft cover 2 zones, reversing out and making throws to his left, throwing down the seem, making perfect throws in the corner of the endzone with touch and most importantly hitting his WRs in stride. But I guess the mopes will see the one throw where it was clearly the WRs fault for pulling up.

6-6 deal with it

6-6 deal with it

I'm not saying this is an 11 win team but 6? How bout a ban bet big mouth? I'll take 6+

6-6 deal with it

I'm not saying this is an 11 win team but 6? How bout a ban bet big mouth? I'll take 6+

7 wins, easy money. I want in Sabetta :crownpour:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...rst-spring-scrimmage-20140329,0,3670896.story

By Christy Cabrera Chirinos
Sun Sentinel
9:51 p.m. EDT, March 29, 2014

More than once this spring, Miami's offensive players have praised their defensive counterparts and admitted the defense has gotten the better of them in practice.

During the Hurricanes' first scrimmage of the spring on Saturday, there were a few times the offense got the highlights. Though the 90-minute situational scrimmage was closed to fans and the media, here are a few notes Miami passed on with a link the video highlights from UM's website.

*Quarterbacks Ryan Williams and Kevin Olsen took all of the snaps during the scrimmage while Gray Crow, Garrison Lassiter, Isaac Hoza and Michael Welch threw during drills.

*On the scrimmage's first play, defensive ends Anthony Chickillo and Al-Quadin Muhammad combined to touch Williams in the end zone for a safety.

*Miami's offense combined for six touchdowns in the scrimmage including four rushing scores and two passing TDs. Receiver Phillip Dorsett had one of the touchdown catches, while running back Walter Tucker ran for a score.
*Artie Burns had an interception while Stacy Coley had several nice grabs

*Dallas Crawford, who's making the move from running back to safety this spring, showed he'll be a physical presence with a couple of big hits including one that knocked the helmet right off running back De'Andre Johnson.

The Hurricanes return to the practice field Tuesday and will have three more open practices before their spring game on April 12.

Advertisement
Man, none of this really matters, in my AI voice, we talkin bout spring practice. Not fall practice, not a game, spring practice. Good or bad I put virtually zero stock into this stuff right now.

Man, none of this really matters, in my AI voice, we talkin bout spring practice. Not fall practice, not a game, spring practice. Good or bad I put virtually zero stock into this stuff right now.

So why don't you take a break until the season starts so you don't have to suffer through all the positivity that these highlights generate?
Must be torture for you

Advertisement
Lets also remember there was a lot of goal line situations, and redzone situations. That is where most of the scores came from I would imagine.

Who saw R.Scott level the safety when Burns/DC knocked the rbs helmet off?

I think the back up RBs of Gus, Tucker, DJohnson are more than serviceable. I would not be surprised to see the use of them allow Yearby to possibly redshirt. However, Yearby might just be so good that he forces his way on the field.

I think our WRs are going to be great. Coley plays like he is playing against pop warner players, Dorsett will stretch the field and all the other guys know they have to make the most of their opportunities or get replaced. Just too much depth there......

I think our run defense is going to be nasty. I just have this feeling we will turn the corner this year.

AQM could be our next top 10 pick. That guys is on another level. He is blowing ppl up in every vid.

McCord, Chick, Kamalu are very good as well. That makes for a very good rotation at DE.

Our LBs look like NFL lbs. Even the younger guys. These dudes are fast and physical. I am concerned about them in coverage, but they will slow the run game down.

I am still concerned about our DBs. I like them. They are super talented. I am just worried that we are not consistent enough to get off the field on third down.

All in all, it was a good looking scrimmage video.

As usual, I have faith. I believe in what AG is doing and think he will turn the corner this year. To anyone that thinks this is a 6/7 win team they should be forced into a ban bet. If the team wins more then because you show such a lack of faith in 'your' team, that there should be an auto 6 month ban.

So why don't you take a break until the season starts so you don't have to suffer through all the positivity that these highlights generate?
Must be torture for you
Because just like you I am a huge fan. I have no problem about being positive when it is warranted, and there are many positives on this team, but I'm not gonna trip out when after following this team or any team for this long you know not to put stock into this stuff. The only thing this spring that I really feel was gonna be important was olsen's play. Outside of that though, once again it doesn't matter if it's positive or negative it's only spring practice.

Advertisement
Back