Canes Camp Report Episode 10

This is the best team AG has fielded. This is also a favorable schedule. We will win the coastal. I like what I am seeing already, and the calvary hasn't arrived yet.

If our defensive tackles are at any level better than last year, we will win 10 regular season games. Put money up if u disagree.

Advertisement
is it just me or does Williams seem to throw a pic in everyone of these camp reports?

I guess you didn't see Coley pull up underneath the route in order to avoid getting hit which caused the INT. What I saw was Williams make about 10 throws that Morris was incapable of making. Dropping throws in in the corners of soft cover 2 zones, reversing out and making throws to his left, throwing down the seem, making perfect throws in the corner of the endzone with touch and most importantly hitting his WRs in stride. But I guess the mopes will see the one throw where it was clearly the WRs fault for pulling up.

6-6 deal with it

I'm not saying this is an 11 win team but 6? How bout a ban bet big mouth? I'll take 6+

awww hurt my feelings why don't you...lol. A dumpster fire waiting to happen that's what this team will be. CHOIR boys don't win championships.

If our defensive tackles are at any level better than last year, we will win 10 regular season games. Put money up if u disagree.

What have you been tokin' on??

This is the best team AG has fielded. This is also a favorable schedule. We will win the coastal. I like what I am seeing already, and the calvary hasn't arrived yet.

197.jpg

I think the word you were looking for is "cavalry".

Advertisement
These type of posts are prevalent before EVERY season.

Lets also remember there was a lot of goal line situations, and redzone situations. That is where most of the scores came from I would imagine.

Who saw R.Scott level the safety when Burns/DC knocked the rbs helmet off?

I think the back up RBs of Gus, Tucker, DJohnson are more than serviceable. I would not be surprised to see the use of them allow Yearby to possibly redshirt. However, Yearby might just be so good that he forces his way on the field.

I think our WRs are going to be great. Coley plays like he is playing against pop warner players, Dorsett will stretch the field and all the other guys know they have to make the most of their opportunities or get replaced. Just too much depth there......

I think our run defense is going to be nasty. I just have this feeling we will turn the corner this year.

AQM could be our next top 10 pick. That guys is on another level. He is blowing ppl up in every vid.

McCord, Chick, Kamalu are very good as well. That makes for a very good rotation at DE.

Our LBs look like NFL lbs. Even the younger guys. These dudes are fast and physical. I am concerned about them in coverage, but they will slow the run game down.

I am still concerned about our DBs. I like them. They are super talented. I am just worried that we are not consistent enough to get off the field on third down.

All in all, it was a good looking scrimmage video.

As usual, I have faith. I believe in what AG is doing and think he will turn the corner this year. To anyone that thinks this is a 6/7 win team they should be forced into a ban bet. If the team wins more then because you show such a lack of faith in 'your' team, that there should be an auto 6 month ban.

We're starting to look how we're supposed to again.

Owens and Figueroa instead of Cornelius and Gaines.
Jamal Carter and Artie Burns instead of Kacy and slow-mo
Kamalu and Jelani instead of Corey King and Shayon Green

And we're still getting run up and down the field by the offense.

You think that from a few highlights, while completely ignoring the equal amount of highlights showing rb's getting destroyed?

Way to be objective.

I was at the scrimmage, guy.

Advertisement
Autocorrect is a dumb tool. Anyway, this team just won 9 regular season games with duke hurt the last third of the season, bad play at lb and safety, and inconsistent play at qb.

We are deeper and better at lb, De, dt, cb, safety, rb, wr & TE. Online Will probably regress and qb probably is even. Why shouldn't we win 10??

The acc coastal is not taking this massive step forward and our schedule is not significantly more difficult.

Cincinnati and Nebraska are average teams we should beat

This may be Goldens most talented squad from top to bottom since he has been here. But there are too many intangibles not in our favor to be all that optimistic. Breaking in a new QB, lack of depth at RB, key guys coming off serious injuries, still no answer at the tackle position, Duke, VT and FSU.

10 wins. LULz.
did u lulz at the thought of 9 last year with that team?

Objectively, where is this team worse than last year. Then contrast that against where we should see improvement. They will find that other win.

17, 98, 58... I'm excited about what those guys can bring to the table defensively.

Advertisement
This may be Goldens most talented squad from top to bottom since he has been here. But there are too many intangibles not in our favor to be all that optimistic. Breaking in a new QB, lack of depth at RB, key guys coming off serious injuries, still no answer at the tackle position, Duke, VT and FSU.

Rb depth chart last year was duke, Dallas, ec and Gus. Rb depth is way better this year. Duke and jy are coming back from broken bones, not blown knees. The will be fine.

VT will be tough; FSU nearly impossible. Duke at home is that extra game.

NO POSITIVE POSTS

We're worse at Offensive Line and we have question marks in other spots. We don't know what to expect from the QB position. We're not sure if a TE is gonna step up or not. And we still don't know how good our DL is gonna be. We're clearly better at Safety and Linebacker. CB is as solid as ever. RB depth is better than last year when you factor in Johnson, Gus and Yearby.

And...

A huge question mark still remains...

At DC.

Advertisement
Silly to defend this years RB depth by pointing out what it was last year. It was bad last year and is still bad this year.

The acc coastal is not taking this massive step forward and our schedule is not significantly more difficult.

Cincinnati and Nebraska are average teams we should beat

You're forgetting that Al Golden-led Miami teams are 1-12 against teams with 5 or more wins.

Beating average teams is not any certainty. ****, beating teams that have a pulse is not any certainty. We struggle against teams with inferior talent.

Did you watch any of Arkansas State's bowl game this January?? That team is going to give Dorito and the defense everything they can handle.

So many of you guys are counting on these supposed layups.

It is his most talented team, but the lack of depth and play-making ability at the defensive tackle position will be evident (again) next year. Unless we have guys that take a massive leap forward, it's going to be a problem.

And nine wins last year was luck. We should have lost to Wake and UNC. While there was no loss we should have won. Ball bounced our way the first seven games.

NO POSITIVE POSTS

People always are looking for ways to be "cool". Apparently the cool thing to say is this version of the team will be awful. Ryan Williams and Olson will have to be absolutely trash (Kyle wright/ Kirby freeman awful) for us to win less than 8. I don't see how this roster does less than 9. Keep in mind that I think this roster could give FSU a game with a better DC.

Advertisement
Back