Canes Camp Report Episode 10

I was impressed. Our WRs are beastly. Dorsett, Coley and Scott spread the field both vertically and horizontally. Can't wait for Walford and our top 2 RBs to get into the action. An our defense looks substantially improved in the back 7 and on the edge. Much more speed than this time last year. Not much to see up the middle in those highlights, so we'll have to wait and see how the interior does with Heurtelou and Wyche added to the mix. ... DTs and rightside OL are my main concern... Williams' arm is definitely weaker. Olsen's looks better. But timing and accuracy seems better. With these playmakers, not sure we need to hit Dorsett long anymore to control the ball and win the game.

Advertisement
Btw, have we ever had a player as smooth as Coley?...".

He is a big step above the three we lost in the recruiting season this year. He reminds me of Paul Warfield and maybe Lance Alworth. Effortless. He doesn't run he glides.

This team is physical as **** on both sides. Gus and Tucker are freight trains.
Crawford looks like he escaped from TGK straight up jacking fools.
Kamalu is a ***n Monster. Made Feliciano look small.
Night and Day from last season in terms of physicalness and speed on defense. Definitely can see the upgrade in caliber of athlete from what he had the past couple of seasons.
There was a Blue sighting blowing up a run play. Kid is intriguing LB prospect. His story is far from finished here.
Overall great first scrimmage.

When he said we can score on any time all I can think about is Ken Dorsey and them days of scoring quick and every possesion. He got me excited for a quick second. Then I realized, we don't have the talent for that type of offense yet.

Advertisement
Really excited about the WR group. Coley is elite. Dorsett looks fast. Scott, Waters.

Crawford is just a pure football player. A kid every team needs.

Not good to hear the defense gave up a score every goal-line set. The team needs Wyche in there.

24, 3, and 1 need to step it up in the secondary as it was overall weak play in the scrimmage...28, thank you! Bringing the wood!

That long TD from Williams to Dorsett was on 4th and 1. Interesting.

Screen game is on point this spring. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come in the fall. +Duke +Yearby

Advertisement
On that Artie Burns pick.. What the **** was that WR doing? Seems like he let up. I understand they aren't trying go get killed in a scrimmage, but who was that?

Also, Dallas Crawford lays the ******* wood. Hopefully he will get a lot of minutes this year.

D looks aggressive. #28 is reckless.

Duke/Yearby will add an entire new dimension to the O.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Screen game is on point this spring. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come in the fall. +Duke +Yearby

Why the defense not workin, mutha fcuka? Huh?!?

Advertisement

Not sure I follow.

My bad. It's from an old Miami NW football clip. The year of the bull.

You gotta dig that up sometime. I bet it's epic!

Not sure I follow.

My bad. It's from an old Miami NW football clip. The year of the bull.

You gotta dig that up sometime. I bet it's epic!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6s23JTmfJOY here ya go. Enjoy

Being a fan I can't get enough of the off season videos etc. I know I put way too much stock into each video/player then I should but here my thoughts:
No one will be able to touch Stacy Coley this year. You can just tell he's not thinking as much and he is playing the game in slow motion. Can't wait to have him for 2 more years.
Hate to admit this but Tracy needs to step up. I love his swagger and the way he talks off the field but he got burnt by Dorsett (I know most CBs would) and he missed a tackle on Herb. Hopefully once Gunter comes back he will raise his play.
Our offense finally has TEs. Dobard is night and day from last year and O'Donnell looks like he can play. Scary group once you add Walford. Is Sandland still on the team? (Haven't heard from him at all recently).
Overall, you can see guys growing up mentally and physically. We are starting to add the correct playmakers on both sides of the ball. Throw in Duke with this deep WR core and our offense should be unstoppable. Lot of optimism surrounding the University of Miami Football Team and I hope it's not just a Greentree smoke screen. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back