Canes bs UVA - Game 3 - 1pm, ACCNX

Advertisement
By playing very few home games.

In baseball, a Home win has an RPI weight of .75, Neutral win is 1, and Road win is 1.25. Then vis-versa for Home/neutral/road losses. They added these weights to make the RPI "more fair" for northern teams.

ND has played only 7 home games, we've played 22. So even with a better record/SOS, they're slightly ahead in RPI pts
Thanks. I overlooked that. The few home games early in the season are intentional due to late Midwest winter weather. I just couldn't get over them having more conference losses and a weaker schedule. It should level out moving forward.

I'm not hating on them. It just didn't make sense until the road games you referenced.

A strong ND will bode well for Miami boosting our national standing when we play them. That last weekend series against ND could decide the regular season champion.

Last edited:
Road series against VT won’t be a cake walk after a big weekend. They are 8-2 in their last 10 with series wins vs NC State and UNC. They beat ND at their place before the series was as canceled because of weather. Need to stay locked in
VT can really hit. But I’ll take our pitching and hitting combo every day of the week over theirs.

Advertisement
I know, but I wasn't. I am in the paranoid camp as I still have my doubts about proper seedings unless we are clearly dominant. The SEC bias is alive and well until proven otherwise in my mind.
IMO opinion this team could play .500ish ball 7-8 in the last 5 conference series and still host. That gets you 20 conference wins. Idk how you snub a P5 school with that.

I'd agree w that, but I want a National seed.
I think if we avoid getting swept and only lose one ACC series we are getting a national seed. Taking 2/3 this weekend will be huge...if we can. I have big fears of a letdown series coming.

I know, but I wasn't. I am in the paranoid camp as I still have my doubts about proper seedings unless we are clearly dominant. The SEC bias is alive and well until proven otherwise in my mind.
When have we ever been screwed in the seedings? I think we have been treated very well over the years.

Advertisement
When have we ever been screwed in the seedings? I think we have been treated very well over the years.

Of course you do.

Sorry that the 13-game winning streak has taken the steam out of all your anti-Gino hatred, but I'm glad you have found a new topic on which to be a contrarian.

"Polls are great for UM, polls are fair to UM!" ---Jagr

I guess I am going back a ways - 2008 when they matched us up w pre-season #1 AZ in the super-regional while we were the #1 overall seed in the country that year (went totally against their "geographical" philosophy at the time, and AZ was not a #16 seed at season's end).

But ya, we have have some favorable match-ups when we host, I'll agree w you there.

I guess I am going back a ways - 2008 when they matched us up w pre-season #1 AZ in the super-regional while we were the #1 overall seed in the country that year (went totally against their "geographical" philosophy at the time, and AZ was not a #16 seed at season's end).

But ya, we have have some favorable match-ups when we host, I'll agree w you there.
It sounds like Arizona got screwed, not Miami.

Advertisement
I'll never forgive Morris for having a red-hot Jemile Weeks bunt repeatedly in the CWS with runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs.
Rok I am scarred for life from seeing this live. In Omaha, getting ready to see one of my favorite canes ever in a situation like that and Jim is giving him the bunt signal. Unbelievable

I'll never forgive Morris for having a red-hot Jemile Weeks bunt repeatedly in the CWS with runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs.

I grew up 3 blocks away from Jemile & Ricky. Morris really ****ed me off with that one.

Advertisement
Rok I am scarred for life from seeing this live. In Omaha, getting ready to see one of my favorite canes ever in a situation like that and Jim is giving him the bunt signal. Unbelievable
Ya, that team was loaded, but disappointed in Omaha.

I was there in 2001, however, and that might have been the most dominant CWS NC team in a long time. Was still the single NC game format at the time, but it didn't matter, as we absolutely dominated Stanford, beat Tenn twice and didn't lose a game in entire CWS (while capping the natty off w a 17 game win streak!).

Advertisement
Back