Canes bs UVA - Game 3 - 1pm, ACCNX

They'll likely host as well w that RPI (if they keep winning).
Brutal schedule the next two weeks: at Vandy and home against Tennessee. If they can tread water they probably end up hosting.

Advertisement
Team is playing shockingly well. College baseball is weirdly streaky, but I like the feel of this.
And outside of Tennessee (who doesn't have a great track record in Omaha), there seems to be a lot of parity this year and an SEC that seems less dominant.

Advertisement
A couple of OF miscues, but we recovered and none of them mushroomed into a big UVA inning, fortunately.
We had 3 Es on Fri night - Kayfus did not have a great day, had the miscue in 2nd inning that eventually led to 2 unearned runs, then had a bad throw in the 7th on what should have been a DP, but Pitelli had to make a fantastic play just to get the force. (Romero had the passed ball and throwing error in the 7th as well)

Road series against VT won’t be a cake walk after a big weekend. They are 8-2 in their last 10 with series wins vs NC State and UNC. They beat ND at their place before the series was as canceled because of weather. Need to stay locked in

Advertisement
247 is quoting Gino as saying Dorian has a slight meniscus tear. They’re hoping he’ll be back in less than a month after having it scoped Wednesday.
Hmm I partially tore my meniscus (no surgery required). But no way I would've been back in a month. It was more like 3 months.

Maybe the scoping it out speeds the pain process up.

We had 3 Es on Fri night - Kayfus did not have a great day, had the miscue in 2nd inning that eventually led to 2 unearned runs, then had a bad throw in the 7th on what should have been a DP, but Pitelli had to make a fantastic play just to get the force. (Romero had the passed ball and throwing error in the 7th as well)
Made up for it on last out Saturday night.

ACC RPIUMC squa ders
3 Notre Dame
5 Miami
8 Virginia
9 Georgia Tech
13 Wake Forest
27 North Carolina*
33 Louisville*
37 Florida State
40 Virginia Tech
45 NC State
50 Pitt
60 Clemson
81 Boston College
123 Duke

Other notables
7 Florida
69 FGCU
86 Harvard
103 FAU

*UNC-Louisville still playing
UNC squandered a 4 run lead heading into the 8th. Went to store after the 7th. Figured UNC had it on lock. Came back to find out they lost.

ACC RPIs
3 Notre Dame
5 Miami
8 Virginia
9 Georgia Tech
13 Wake Forest
27 North Carolina*
33 Louisville*
37 Florida State
40 Virginia Tech
45 NC State
50 Pitt
60 Clemson
81 Boston College
123 Duke

Other notables
7 Florida
69 FGCU
86 Harvard
103 FAU

*UNC-Louisville still playing
I'm still scratching my head how ND is #3 in the RPI. Quad 1 losses are valued over our Q2 losses. I get it. However their non-conference SoS is pure "cheeks" at 200 (had to get a Stevo phrase in there). If Miami played a #200 non-conference schedule, we're probably 30-2 or 29-3. Our SoS is #19 while theirs is #27. Again, their non-conference SoS is #200 while ours is #76. Makes no sense.

Advertisement
I'm still scratching my head how ND is #3 in the RPI. Quad 1 losses are valued over our Q2 losses. I get it. However their non-conference SoS is pure "cheeks" at 200 (had to get a Stevo phrase in there). If Miami played a #200 non-conference schedule, we're probably 30-2 or 29-3. Our SoS is #19 while theirs is #27. Again, their non-conference SoS is #200 while ours is #76. Makes no sense.

By playing very few home games.

In baseball, a Home win has an RPI weight of .75, Neutral win is 1, and Road win is 1.25. Then vis-versa for Home/neutral/road losses. They added these weights to make the RPI "more fair" for northern teams.

ND has played only 7 home games, we've played 22. So even with a better record/SOS, they're slightly ahead in RPI pts

Notre Dame's adjusted winning percentage is .824, while ours is .777.

They've played the RPI game very well. They have won a lot of neutral site games against decent teams.

Advertisement
1649683127814.png

Advertisement
Back