Canes bs PSU - Game 1 (Friday) - 7pm, ACCNX

Advertisement
Just amazes me how 2 teams look the complete opposite as one has spent the last 5 months indoors, and the other has had the full complements of the weather and all the outdoor facilities.

Looking at this game, you'd think PSU was the team from down South and Miami was the team from up North.
That is the real embarrassing part, you nailed it…and it is the difference in coaching sad to say. He is one of our own and as many said before this game, really wants this series. Gino likely practices and definitely coaches like we are owed something because of the U on our uniform.

Like the football program, we desperately need a fire and brimstone skipper to get us back to feeling disrespected all of the time instead of walking around like MLB team on a business trip, when we are nothing remotely close.

That is the real embarrassing part, you nailed it…and it is the difference in coaching sad to say. He is one of our own and as many said before this game, really wants this series. Gino likely practices and definitely coaches like we are owed something because of the U on our uniform.

Like the football program, we desperately need a fire and brimstone skipper to get us back to feeling disrespected all of the time instead of walking around like MLB team on a business trip, when we are nothing remotely close.
I'm not able to watch this game. I'm listening on the radio. It seems like the team is still struggling with an approach at the plate. It seems like everyone is freewheeling instead of taking what the pitcher is giving.

PSU is killing it at the plate. That is not by chance when so many are hitting well. It's an approach the entire team has taken on. Like last year, I couldn't tell you what Miami's approach is at the plate.

Advertisement
No one can just show up and win 2/3 games anymore just by talent alone. You have to play elite d, have legit pitching and timely hitting to start on top of things like base running, taking advantage of mistakes, etc.

Tennessee last year was super talented. But they jumped on teams earlier. Played big time defense and put away teams when they needed. They also didnt let a mistake snowball all that often.

It’s one game…I’ll wait til game 10-15 to see what this team is really made of but a lot of old habits already rearing their heads. Don’t forget last year outside of the 14 game win streak we were about 26-20 and outside of Canisius who we put away late we were 1-5 when it mattered most.

Cue the circus music tonight. My god. These guys need to pull their head out of their *** and regroup for tomorrow in every phase.

Advertisement
Btw this is a middle of the road Big10 team. So I hope we take the next two. But they still have so decent arms that can easily keep our approach in check.

Advertisement
Just amazes me how 2 teams look the complete opposite as one has spent the last 4 months indoors, and the other has had the full complements of the weather and all their indoor and outdoor facilities.

Looking at this game, you'd think PSU was the team from down South and Miami was the team from up North.
I was going back and forth as I have a future family member playing at a different school and their players make ours look like middle schoolers.

All of their players made good contact and had power. Good pitching. In short, I was watching a solid baseball team.

Miami? Just not fundamentally sound. I don’t know if it’s our coaches or the coaching they are getting before becoming a college player.

Just the first game but we have said that for the past five or so years. Need to change something including where we recruit our players. Not saying that’s the issue just need to change something.

Advertisement
Just the first game but we have said that for the past five or so years. Need to change something including where we recruit our players. Not saying that’s the issue just need to change something.
5 or so years? We haven’t had a true threat since 2008. A few lucky runs to Omaha since 08 but overall just putrid baseball for this programs standards for a decade and a half

Again the announcers…he was off the line running because after he thought the kid caught it he leaned or stepped toward the dugout then started again. That play happened so quick nothing you can do.

Advertisement
Back