Canes bs PSU - Game 1 (Friday) - 7pm, ACCNX

Looks like the season is following the normal pattern
Drop a game early against some goober team from up north
Go on a tear for the rest of February and grab a high ranking in early March
Give away so many outs and bases with running and fielding that the team qualifies as a 501(c)
Earn a 1 or 2 regional seed in the postseason
Drop 2 games to lower seeds in the regional

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looks like the season is following the normal pattern
Drop a game early against some goober team from up north
Go on a tear for the rest of February and grab a high ranking in early March
Give away so many outs and bases with running and fielding that the team qualifies as a 501(c)
Earn a 1 or 2 seed in the postseason
Drop 2 games to lower seeds
After what I saw most of the night, I would take that hands down, no questions asked.

I love coming onto CIS and read posters talk so badly about coaches, when it's pretty clear most of you haven't the faintest idea. In typical fashion, pitch a fit and blame someone for something that you know nothing about

Now...yes the performance was disappointing for an opening day in Miami. Here's to hoping our offense shows up tomorrow
Thanks for clarifying Gino 👍

White knighting already. There’s always one.

Some of us actually do know what we’re talking about when it comes to coaching and recruiting. You have no idea who is posting here. Some of us have pointed it out for years, with specifics.

For example, the offensive approach is a Gino staple. Gorilla ball without the gorillas. Which is why we do nothing against good pitching.

But I know. “We’re fine”. “It’s just one game.” “We’re young.” “We can still host a regional.”
….for the 15th straight year.
Baby Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good strategy: GIFs, no words. If you try to talk baseball, especially to defend Gino DiMare, you'll get shredded by people who know what we're watching.
One more thing, I don't come here to talk logic with people that are completely illogical. (That would be where you fit in)

I come here to kill time when I have time to kill, and to entertain myself sometimes with small minded people such as yourself, you're very easy by the way. So don't flatter yourself.

Have a nice day.

Broken record on this board. Always a handful that stick their chest out year after year saying “it’s early” “teams young” “team will figure it out”

Only to go missing when we go 1-2 BBQ in a regional

It’s actually funny at this point watching the cycle of the wizards den/ron fraser board. It’s rare to see it after game 1 but the cycle Never fails.

Last edited:
Advertisement
One more thing, I don't come here to talk logic with people that are completely illogical. (That would be where you fit in)

I come here to kill time when I have time to kill, and to entertain myself sometimes with small minded people such as yourself, you're very easy by the way. So don't flatter yourself.

Have a nice day.
Stick with the insults, because baseball is a losing proposition for you.

Advertisement
This team aint it.... again.

If Ziehl is our Friday night starter we will be much worse than we were last year. Straight and 94 might have been lights out when Dimare played but now its straight BP. When I see a guy throwing 89 with junk he always does better than the guys we roll out there throwing 94. When I see teams come in with almost every hitter has a tight compact swings I wonder if Dimare has a hitting philosophy at all. Every hitting practice at Miami must a mini home run hitting derby where the person who hits the most gets out of poles.

I bet Villegas is hitting below 250 since midseason and has no business being in the lineup.

Anyone catch that bizarre Dorian Gonzalez AB? The pitcher threw behind him and the ball hits his bat. Rare, but it does happen. Except the ball ends up in fair territory, which is very rare. Then PSU makes the routine 1-3 play to get him out but the home plate ump had already called it foul despit being several feet in fair territory which negated the out. The PSU coach **** near had a stroke. Then Dorian pops up halfway between home and first. The catcher has his legs taken out from under him by the first baseman and the balls lands foul. Next pitch, the pitcher hits Dorian in the head. The baseball gods really wanted him on first that AB. Freakin' weird and why I love baseball.

This team aint it.... again.

If Ziehl is our Friday night starter we will be much worse than we were last year. Straight and 94 might have been lights out when Dimare played but now its straight BP. When I see a guy throwing 89 with junk he always does better than the guys we roll out there throwing 94. When I see teams come in with almost every hitter has a tight compact swings I wonder if Dimare has a hitting philosophy at all. Every hitting practice at Miami must a mini home run hitting derby where the person who hits the most gets out of poles.

I bet Villegas is hitting below 250 since midseason and has no business being in the lineup.
Would love to know how and where they are evaluating these kids. At showcases where they give them 5-6 swings and run a 60? Do they go watch these kids play in a real game to determine if in fact they are a baseball player or a showcase player?

Advertisement
Back