Canes bs Maine - 7pm, Friday

Anybody else concerned that we start Ziehl, get a couple innings in and go into a lengthy rain delay? Or worst case scenario, finish tomorrow

Advertisement
Indiana St most likely to show why they didn’t deserve a host spot. Nice story. But if they even win 2 that would be a success…because 0-2 is not far fetched.

Ziehl is our only dependable starter. Nobody knows, from week to week, what Rosario is going to show up. One week he cant' find the zone and is hitting batters, and the next outing he is light out for a couple innings. Often, it isn't even from game to game, but inning to inning. Ligon, who looked phenomenal at the beginning of the season, was injured for the bulk of the year as a result of tendinitis (shoulder) and missed the last couple months. Accordingly, we have been essentially using the bullpen as a day 2 and 3 pitching staff - using relievers to pitch the bulk of games. We don't have 2/3 aces, like most top 10 schools (Wake, Florida, UVA).

hmmm .... wonder why that is

Eating Popcorn GIF by Originals

Advertisement
Anybody else concerned that we start Ziehl, get a couple innings in and go into a lengthy rain delay? Or worst case scenario, finish tomorrow
Yes, but I’d be concerned about it for tomorrow night too

I've only watched a few games this year and kept up online - Can someone explain this pitching fiasco to me? Ziehl is our ace and we would all prefer to save him for Texas/Louisiana? Thanks!
Pitching should not matter tonight. Offense should put up double digit runs.

This is incredibly lame that yet again our own weather is our worst enemy.

Advertisement
We’ve reached the point where our game is almost certainly delayed. Looks like they’ve had lightning strikes on the fringes of the range from about three different storms.

We’ve reached the point where our game is almost certainly delayed. Looks like they’ve had lightning strikes on the fringes of the range from about three different storms.
I’m concerned that the game is going to get hung and not start til 9, then finish tomorrow. Starting gage tonight would be like playing an additional game

Advertisement
I’m concerned that the game is going to get hung and not start til 9, then finish tomorrow. Starting gage tonight would be like playing an additional game
Forecast doesn’t look better from that standpoint tomorrow, with the odd benefit that if it cuts him short tonight vs tomorrow you could probably bring him back Monday. I don’t like the decision for other reasons.

This is worst case scenario with Texas and Louisiana not using much pitching.

Advertisement
Gino must really want to avoid a repeat of last year's regional opener where Ligon was pulled in the 2nd inning and we threw all of our top relievers, including McFarlane, who allowed the winning runs to score the following day against Ole Miss. All culminating with Ziehl and Walters blowing a late lead later that night against UA after having been extended the previous day. He's had a year to mull over those decisions and decided he won't get burned again on night one.
If that's the logic, then God help us. That's called coaching scared.

I truly believe he thinks we might have to play Monday. But if not, he has Ziehl for G1 of super if we go 3- 0.

Advertisement
Back