Canes bs Maine - 7pm, Friday

I explained why I said this. I was surprised Gino went to such an important arm with an 8 run lead in the 8th.

Had nothing to do with his ability. Had to do with potentially getting his pitch count up. But he was ultra efficient so no harm
I was just having some fun, hard to do around here!!

Advertisement
Traditionally, I agree with your earlier take.

There are a few factors that we know Gino is taking into account as he tried to claim a traditional 1,2 and 3 guy is a thing of the past, which really, it isn’t…

1. Early preseason injuries;

2. Pitching by committee with no real 2 and 3 guys to play and feel real confident…and of course…

3. He isn’t getting fired even if we lose our own regional.

I can see his original decision to try and keep his bullpen fresh for Texas. Hopefully it doesn’t backfire, but the real sad thing is that at Miami, this is the pitching situation he is dealing with outside of AOD.
Bullpen doesn’t matter in game 2. Everybody but the starter is still available. Maine was never gonna be a dogfight, where Walt was needed for 40 pitches. Idc what happened last year. Maine is garbage. It was never gonna happen.

He burned Ziehl for no reason. He could have burned anybody else on the roster and we would be in better shape than right now. Gino gave up the advantage this team had today. Their #2 is better than what Gino is gonna run out there today.

Bullpen doesn’t matter in game 2. Everybody but the starter is still available. Maine was never gonna be a dogfight, where Walt was needed for 40 pitches. Idc what happened last year. Maine is garbage. It was never gonna happen.

He burned Ziehl for no reason. He could have burned anybody else on the roster and we would be in better shape than right now. Gino gave up the advantage this team had today. Their #2 is better than what Gino is gonna run out there today.
He took a gamble for sure. We will see if he can bullpen through the majority of this game. Your prediction is clear.

Advertisement
Back