Canes bs Maine - 7pm, Friday

Advertisement

lmao even if we win we lose

1685626608411.gif

He has to be assuming that Ligon can go deep on Saturday. There is no other explanation imo.

He has to be assuming that Ligon can go deep on Saturday. There is no other explanation imo.
Don’t think that’s physically possible unless he’s insanely efficient. He’s still a week or two ahead of opening day buildup.

Sure hope he knows what he's doing, and that Andrew is ready to make multiple appearances. Either Maine is a lot better than we think or UL and TX are a lot worse.

Advertisement
Listen to me, don't listen to me.

Jacoby Long leading off with Kayfus, Morales, Cyr, Sack Levenson to follow. That's what you gotta do.

The primary upside, besides the obvious of winning the game, is that he's on full rest if we advance to a super.

I could see a situation where he thought starting Gallo or Ligon would mean you're using the bullpen no matter what. And depending on the score you don't know how many arms you would use. Then for the second game and to me the most important if you chose Rosario he's coming off his best outing against the number one team in the country. Not the choice I would make but I certainly understand

Advertisement
I could see a situation where he thought starting Gallo or Ligon would mean you're using the bullpen no matter what. And depending on the score you don't know how many arms you would use. Then for the second game and to me the most important if you chose Rosario he's coming off his best outing against the number one team in the country. Not the choice I would make but I certainly understand
He has stood strong on the “the game that day is the most important game of the season”

Hopefully this means walters isn’t needed Friday night which would be MASSIVE

Advertisement
I cant argue with this one. I would have felt confident in throwing anyone and We should beat Maine with whoever we throw. But its tourney time and they have a few guys who can swing it...against much worse comp but all it takes is a hit a walk and then a bomb. They throw some kid who throws slop at us and all of the sudden we are 0-1.

Texas and LA will throw their top guys and likely a key bullpen guy or two. The key like others have said is dont use any of the top bullpen guys esp Walters. Then on day two you throw everyone you have to and get to 2-0. Figure out game three while others are playing their game three.

I hate this!

Throw Ligon if you have to but Rosario can get it done against Maine.

Now you blow your advantage against Texas of having your #1 go against their #2.

Viewing this regional in a one game at a time approach could cost you the regional. If you get 3 innings out of Ligon on Saturday and get beat, your pen is toast and you are relying on Rosario to keep you alive instead of relying on him to win the regional.

Advertisement
He also said Ligon is still on a pitch count.

I'm guessing we're hoping Gage can go deep, at least 7 and we'll have a decent lead and can throw anyone to close it out, saving the entire bullpen for games 2-3.
I'd rather get a big lead early tomorrow pull Gage after like 5 and throw a couple guys who we normally won't have to rely on out of the pen.

I don't really see a big difference between Texas' 1 and 2. The Cajuns website is broken for me. Regardless we should be headed to Omaha.

Advertisement
Back