Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concession stand just added a new milkshake flavor "puke", so seems it's done deal, sigh...

...but I do hope AROD's 5mil-is MIL-lie va-NIL-lie flavor, and enough day-1-starters join up that JD can't help but win for all the talent

Advertisement
Same guy he said he was surprised JD stuck around so long with Gino. He stuck around because not sticking around means you got another job offer. Where else was he going and who was taking him? Nowhere and no one and now he is apparently the head of our program.
Lol you’re assuming he always wanted to be a college coach. Like if morris never calls him you think he’s dying to be the pitching coach at unf? It was a shot he took that worked out. But Miami was clearly the only place he wanted to be.

Bottom line.
*This is a horrible hire. There is no other way to say it, someone else mentioned all the failed staffs we’ve hired from in all sports. It’s mind blowing we keep making the same mistake.
*I think this proves Gino left on his own.
* As a few others have mentioned Rad is here to build us beautiful things. His hiring record is beyond awful.
* Worse than that his firing record is even worse. Look at Clemson basketball and baseball while he was there. Which means JD will be here as long as he wants as long as he doesn’t run it into the ground.
* I’m growing very tired of watching SEC schools make all these decisions based on winning and continuing to see us slip further and further away in football and baseball.

This one hurts.

Bottom line.
*This is a horrible hire. There is no other way to say it, someone else mentioned all the failed staffs we’ve hired from in all sports. It’s mind blowing we keep making the same mistake.
* As a few others have mentioned Rad is here to build us beautiful things. His hiring record is beyond awful.
* Worse than that his firing record is even worse. Look at Clemson basketball and baseball while he was there. Which means JD will be here as long as he wants as long as he doesn’t run it into the ground.
* I’m growing very tired of watching SEC schools make all these decisions based on winning and continuing to see us slip further and further away in football and baseball.

This one hurts.
I think this just about sums it all up. Well said my friend.

Advertisement
If we are gonna do something dumb like this might as well just get Morris to come out of retirement. He at 80 would probably be better than JD.

For sentimental reasons ( familyloss) and what may have been mostly Gino-ball impact, it might not be awful to give the guy an honest chance. Especially if its bundled with something like Tulo as hitting coach and Arod's wallet.

Coupled with the no core returning team or NIL-pot or Brink's truck there to sway others Rad sought, it's not clear what else they could do that wouldn't have us Moan over Miami anyway.

Don’t be a fan later

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
FWIW I heard dimare hindered JD a lot and I know for a fact they didn’t get along at all for a long time. I trust our AD. I know fans won’t be happy but I know just about every player called and pled for Jd. I guess we’ll see. His leash will be short.
I’m arriving late to the party but remember when the players begged for Larry Coker too.

Lol the secrecy for a baseball coach is shocking… we get super secret visitors released on different boards but for whatever reason this is cold… guess most fans don’t care
Most of us just ain't plugged in like that to this. If I didn't just randomly decide to go to the regional and end up sitting with rad I wouldn't have known bout any of this. Now my only tires to this are several people on the board and they don't really get involved till it's time to vote.

Advertisement
Lol you’re assuming he always wanted to be a college coach. Like if morris never calls him you think he’s dying to be the pitching coach at unf? It was a shot he took that worked out. But Miami was clearly the only place he wanted to be.
Unless you are saying he actively turned down interviews and overtures then that’s nonsense. And even then I’m not sure that’s a pass. He has been a middling pitching coach for years and the results and statistics support that. It is an indefensible hire on any singular level.

Advertisement
Actually, I did if you’re too dense to read the context clues I’m telling you he has one assistant up-to-date with analytics

Then use better clues, because “two World Series rings and minor league coaching experience” literally says nothing about knowledge of analytics. Kristen Nicholson would be a better hire than most former players.

Bottom line.

This one hurts.
And the only reason we have any success in basketball is L practically begged us for the job many years ago. When L decides to retire, I’m sure Rad will ***** up his replacement hire too.

Jim Morris made a mistake 20 years ago making JD his pitching coach. Now, Jim is on twitter talking about loyalty. This program is completely screwed if we are beholden to Jim Morris and his coaches. Loyalty? Miami has been beyond loyal and look where it has the program.
But but but MiAMi GuY bRo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back