Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t explain why JD shops in the portal bargain bin from FIU/FGCU. It doesn’t explain the abomination that the “development” of Rosario was. And this is just the last 2 years. There is 20 more years of thin, largely ineffective pitching. If JD, is named head coach, then we aren’t serious. All his former player friends can sit and watch by themselves.
Wasn’t that mercadante?

Advertisement
It doesn’t explain why JD shops in the portal bargain bin from FIU/FGCU. It doesn’t explain the abomination that the “development” of Rosario was. And this is just the last 2 years. There is 20 more years of thin, largely ineffective pitching. If JD, is named head coach, then we aren’t serious. All his former player friends can sit and watch by themselves.
oh they will. Arod will sit there and tell anyone that will listen that he's essentially the owner there because of his check book.

Man we thought the Columbus mafia had pull. Apparently the Westminster Christian mob does too

Advertisement
animal-house-bluto.gif

I’m not holding my breath for JD to change the trajectory of the program but my hope is he doesn’t make it worse and keeps it warm for the next guy in 2-3 years.

Let’s see who he hires to helps fill his weaknesses.

Advertisement
We always get a sliver of hope when a coach leaves this university, then the rug is always swept from our feet. As much **** as we give the SEC, those programs care about winning. And do what it takes to win. We don’t.
That’s not the advantage the sec has over everyone else. Truth is most of their coaches love being gods living in small college towns. Miami isn’t desired by guys that covet this. Also baseball is still a regional sport so most like recruiting and working where they know.

Advertisement
All I want to see from our baseball program top to bottom is….one word replace another, those words are progression & regression. I have no confidence that JD can provide the above. Apparently it’s off limits to speak of this but, the fact is he’s been different since 2018. If indeed he is the choice, my hope is I’m completely wrong. I would be thrilled for this post to be pulled as a reciet!!! My fear is the program will sink even deeper into the depths of mediocrity.

Advertisement
I’m not thrilled but imo he’ll have a good staff. Whatever that’s worth.
“good” who are we getting some MLB pitching coach and tulo to come in as hitting and fielding??

The baseball program is dead to me if this comes to pass…. Rad proves he can’t be the grown up in the room if he can’t take control of this hire..

I get that Mario was his football coach no matter what but this was a hire he could make to show his worth… complete failure.

JD was a joke when Morris was in his late Richt stage. How the ACTUAL F^CK do we go from telling Gino he has to clear the staff or he's gone, to HIRING THE CLEARED STAFF?!?

Strike one on Dan if it becomes true.

Last edited:
Different sport with only three paid assistants these matter. You also don’t know how his recruiting strategy changes with NIL now involved. Gino refused nil program.

They matter in the other sport too when the head isn’t good on game day…

But 3… they matter A LOT… and he needs them to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back