Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I heard dimare hindered JD a lot and I know for a fact they didn’t get along at all for a long time. I trust our AD. I know fans won’t be happy but I know just about every player called and pled for Jd. I guess we’ll see. His leash will be short.

I am certainly going to give JD time before I put him on full blast. For all we know, JD thought Gino was just as much of a goof as we do.

Advertisement
FWIW I heard dimare hindered JD a lot and I know for a fact they didn’t get along at all for a long time. I trust our AD. I know fans won’t be happy but I know just about every player called and pled for Jd. I guess we’ll see. His leash will be short.
The issue is, even if all of that were true, if the powers that be truly felt JD was the best candidate, he would have been hired already.

Advertisement
Thankfully the good ole boy network doesn't extend to basketball. That said, we are the most incompetent university in America so Bill Courtney is definitely getting promoted.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Duke adding a 4th row to their removable bleachers and giving the baseball team access to basketball facilities, really made it a better job than Miami. Amazing.

The sad reality is that, for the vast majority of schools, baseball is not a revenue generating sport, so the pressure to get it right and become a major player is just not there. A guy like Pollard has it pretty good as it is and UM probably didn’t back up the Brinks truck and make it almost impossible for him to say no.

Meh.

It really makes me question everything when someone chooses to stay at Duke over Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back