Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m all for a guy showing he was the right choice despite the angry Mob. But his leash should be as short as Martins kid at FSU. Because he’s been here so this is his staff, he knows how things work, he can keep 24-25 class commits. There is no 4-5 yr rebuild.

Win now. His first job who are his Asst Coaches. Go get guys that are outside your inner circle.

Advertisement
The sad reality is that, for the vast majority of schools, baseball is not a revenue generating sport, so the pressure to get it right and become a major player is just not there. A guy like Pollard has it pretty good as it is and UM probably didn’t back up the Brinks truck and make it almost impossible for him to say no.

Meh.
Wait, so you would’ve backed up the Brinks truck for pollard? What’s he really done? Is his performance that much better than Gino? My point is nobody on that list. Was that much better than him anyway it’s not like you’re poaching from SEC schools the best you could’ve done was a vandy hire of the pitching coach or an outside the box higher like Tulowitzki

I’m all for a guy showing he was the right choice despite the angry Mob. But his leash should be as short as Martins kid at FSU. Because he’s been here so this is his staff, he knows how things work, he can keep 24-25 class commits. There is no 4-5 yr rebuild.

Win now. His first job who are his Asst Coaches. Go get guys that are outside your inner circle.
Why would you get guys outside your inner circle in a job that you need people that you trust? He could’ve kept lopes. He didn’t. The other two assistants are gone too and we have a new pitching coach

Advertisement
“Inday, what are your hopes for the Arteaga era?”

“I hope that A Rod pumps more cash into the program than biogenesis pumped into his butt before JD is fired in two years. I’ll see you then.”

Advertisement
So the headline is after a failed search, we end up with our pitching coach because ex-players support their friend….

Where is the positive spin and momentum?

Advertisement
its your fault…
I band him from replying.

This is what leadership looks like.

1687741736692.png

Advertisement
I believe an element of it. The pitching was noticeably better the last month of the ’21 season when JD suddenly started making all the pitching changes, but it doesn’t explain JD’s stint as recruiting coordinator the first time Gino retired.
It doesn’t explain why JD shops in the portal bargain bin from FIU/FGCU. It doesn’t explain the abomination that the “development” of Rosario was. And this is just the last 2 years. There is 20 more years of thin, largely ineffective pitching. If JD, is named head coach, then we aren’t serious. All his former player friends can sit and watch by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back