Canes Baseball Assistant Corch Tracker

Advertisement
JD confirmed why I always suspected in todays presser: He never wanted to leave the city of Miami. He got the pitching coach job with zero experience and now walked into the HC job. All these coaches we were talking about uprooted themselves and their families and put in the work no matter what city or state it was.
Honestly, this is one thing I respect Mario for, compared to these clowns: he bet on himself. He left the school when he realized it would hurt his career, went out and built a resume, then earned the job.

Gino, JD, and who the heck else knows in the baseball program, stuck around like ticks until everyone else fell off the program. They wanted to coach at Miami more than they actually wanted to coach. They never had to survive based solely on their own merit. It’s gross to see them both rewarded for it.

Honestly, this is one thing I respect Mario for, compared to these clowns: he bet on himself. He left the school when he realized it would hurt his career, went out and built a resume, then earned the job.

Gino, JD, and who the heck else knows in the baseball program, stuck around like ticks until everyone else fell off the program. They wanted to coach at Miami more than they actually wanted to coach. They never had to survive based solely on their own merit. It’s gross to see them both rewarded for it.
The ticks metaphor should win a Pulitzer 🤣

Not necessarily because they’re Northeastern guys but I guarantee you they’re making barely above six figures at the old school and then I have to factor cost of living in Miami. It makes a huge difference.
...So pay them more.
If the reason we just hired JD is because we got big donations to make it happen, those mother****ers better be willing to pay up for top of the line assistants.

Advertisement
Not necessarily because they’re Northeastern guys but I guarantee you they’re making barely above six figures at the old school and then I have to factor cost of living in Miami. It makes a huge difference.

Why do I feel the need to point out that a new assistant coach wouldn’t still be making his old salary?

...So pay them more.
If the reason we just hired JD is because we got big donations to make it happen, those mother****ers better be willing to pay up for top of the line assistants.
Yup… I’m talking about the vandy pitching coach and whoever is the hitting coach at DBU or Okie st

Yup… I’m talking about the vandy pitching coach and whoever is the hitting coach at DBU or Okie st
@canesstevealum08 needs to stop trying to put a band-aid on it and just admit what is really happening. South Florida baseball has a culture of "Miami guys only" and dudes are always going to take care of their buddies. The idea of bringing in outsiders is shocking to them.

Advertisement
@canesstevealum08 needs to stop trying to put a band-aid on it and just admit what is really happening. South Florida baseball has a culture of "Miami guys only" and dudes are always going to take care of their buddies. The idea of bringing in outsiders is shocking to them.
Your not wrong… too much taking care of their drinking buddies propping them up for jobs they don’t deserve

perhaps but I’m also curious as to what you do for a living? Do you work in baseball?

Advertisement
Advertisement
“Go public” lol you’re actually big timing someone one on a message board? It’s baseball you’re not a government operative but do your thing.

So if you’re so informed why do you routinely deny the impediments the program has? Fair question

Deny the impediments? Like when I said the scholarship issue is a challenge, but one that can be overcome with some effort? Is that your version of "denying"?

Advertisement
Back