Canes Baseball Assistant Corch Tracker

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not he’s the pitching coach idk why his record as head coach is relevant but you guys have your minds made up that unless we’re poaching from an sec power they suck… can’t help you guys

Because SEC teams play at a different level. A level we would like to be at once again. You say his record as a head coach is irrelevant.....but do we really need a "mental skills coordinator" to lead the pitching staff? One would think that developing college pitchers is the one skill we're looking for.

Because SEC teams play at a different level. A level we would like to be at once again. You say his record as a head coach is irrelevant.....but do we really need a "mental skills coordinator" to lead the pitching staff? One would think that developing college pitchers is the one skill we're looking for.
Did you look at the rest of the résumé a minor league pitching Coach is exactly what we need.

Advertisement
I don’t care where we get the coaches from. I could name 10 lower level guys that are not best friends with Alex Cora and Arteaga and didn’t coach a d2 program that was loaded with talent to a 26-23 record. I guess I’ll just prepare for Lovelady to be the hitting coach. At least all the past Miami greats will be happy.
he has a track record of developing arms but if you want to ignore that that’s fine

I don’t care where we get the coaches from. I could name 10 lower level guys that are not best friends with Alex Cora and Arteaga and didn’t coach a d2 program that was loaded with talent to a 26-23 record. I guess I’ll just prepare for Lovelady to be the hitting coach. At least all the past Miami greats will be happy.

Exactly. Now we're pumping up a guy who coached short-season pitchers 15 years ago. Not a guy who coached college pitchers, you know, over the course of the last six months.

But it's Miami, bro.

Exactly. Now we're pumping up a guy who coached short-season pitchers 15 years ago. Not a guy who coached college pitchers, you know, over the course of the last six months.

But it's Miami, bro.
This isnt college football where you post somebody’s recruiter that was a former running back coach just to get the guys that they want. It doesn’t work that way.

Advertisement
Uh, what?

We're talking about finding a pitching coach to coach the pitchers.
Right and I’m telling you poaching from other schools doesn’t really happen in college baseball with assistance that I already have power five jobs. Lateral moves are very uncommon.

Right and I’m telling you poaching from other schools doesn’t really happen in college baseball with assistance that I already have power five jobs. Lateral moves are very uncommon.

You know what is even LESS common? Hiring your buddy who hasn't coached pitchers in over 10 years. Or hiring your buddy to be a "mental skills coordinator". But Miami dudes stick together, don't they?

Advertisement
No that's not him. Jojo didn't play at UM or the minors.

This is him. He didn't get drafted for some reason out of HS despite being an elite prospect.

You know what is even LESS common? Hiring your buddy who hasn't coached pitchers in over 10 years. Or hiring your buddy to be a "mental skills coordinator". But Miami dudes stick together, don't they?
Give us your top five list since you’re such an expert. You wanted a scientist from wake. So any others?

Advertisement
Back