Canes Baseball Assistant Corch Tracker

Advertisement
I am hearing Monday or Tuesday for the final assistant and I am expecting to be under-whelmed, not because I heard any names but because it's taken so long. Hope I'm wrong.

At this point, I wouldn't mind taking a shooter on MDC's head coach if he can recruit, since we only seem to hire SO FL guys. I assume he'd get a big pay raise and at least he's experienced what it takes to win in the SEC and Omaha while at SC, and was S Conf coach of the year two years in a row at MDC. Use A-Rod's money, whatever that is, to invest in bio-mechanic technology and consultants.

I am hearing Monday or Tuesday for the final assistant and I am expecting to be under-whelmed, not because I heard any names but because it's taken so long. Hope I'm wrong.

At this point, I wouldn't mind taking a shooter on MDC's head coach if he can recruit, since we only seem to hire SO FL guys. I assume he'd get a big pay raise and at least he's experienced what it takes to win in the SEC and Omaha while at SC, and was S Conf coach of the year two years in a row at MDC. Use A-Rod's money, whatever that is, to invest in bio-mechanic technology and consultants.
It sure does feel that candidates aren't too excited at the prospect of hitching their career wagons to JD. That or the budget for salaries is underwhelming.

Advertisement
Our process seems terrible…
You would think a program that has won 4 NCs and has been in contention to win others would get more respect. Lets face it, the Baseball program is no longer considered as a major program by the U. If they do something great, thats nice. But if they just show up, thats OK also. Finding a Head Coach who can bring the program back to where it once was is not that important.

You would think a program that has won 4 NCs and has been in contention to win others would get more respect. Lets face it, the Baseball program is no longer considered as a major program by the U. If they do something great, thats nice. But if they just show up, thats OK also. Finding a Head Coach who can bring the program back to where it once was is not that important.
Now we gotta wait three years for a press release stating “Coach Arteaga decided to step down to spend more time with his family.”

I hope he proves us wrong, and I agree with you. His hiring took a while to end up with him, and then it was “he’s been working to build his staff” and here we are….

I’ll watch because I love baseball and if I was there I’d go to games, but for ****’s sake at least let’s act like we want to generate success…

Advertisement
It sure does feel that candidates aren't too excited at the prospect of hitching their career wagons to JD. That or the budget for salaries is underwhelming.
Why Dont We Have Both GIF

How is an assistant baseball hire announcement this locked down? Never in sports has such a low level position (JD's assistant) been this secretive lol

How is an assistant baseball hire announcement this locked down? Never in sports has such a low level position (JD's assistant) been this secretive lol
I don’t know but it is. Players are only told a hire has been made. Spoke to a player’s agent Friday and he said he asked but they were not going to disclose what it. Seems absurd.

Advertisement
I don’t know but it is. Players are only told a hire has been made. Spoke to a player’s agent Friday and he said he asked but they were not going to disclose what it. Seems absurd.
probably bc the hires are trash or theyre getting rejected left nd right

Lol. So two of the biggest alleged selling points behind hiring JD (a-rod money & assistant coaches already gathered) were not so true?!?!

I try to be a positive fan, but this whole process has really painted a picture of not caring so much about baseball at a 4x national title school.

Advertisement
Hearing Laz Guitierrez likely to be offered the HC position at Boston College. I actually liked the hire.

Advertisement
Back