Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

View as article
For the record, the Rivals article from today says that they still think he's a Gator lean and that Miami has work to do.

"RIVALS REACTION: Officially, this is a Gators-vs-Hurricanes battle. Unofficially, Taylor seems to be a Florida lean at the very least. The Hurricanes have some ground to make up and could do so with a strong season this fall. Until then, however, UF has to be treated as the odds-on favorite to land the Rivals250 prospect."

Let's get after it.
You know you’re quoting a guy that’s never been wrong AND @swdp12 who knows the palmetto kids personally also said we lead right?

Advertisement
You know you’re quoting a guy that’s never been wrong AND @swdp12 who knows the palmetto kids personally also said we lead right?

I do. And I didn't say differently, or that anyone was wrong, and certainly not that Rivals was right. Look at the context. The post basically said that Rivals said we were even. Rivals actually said they think the Gators lead, fwiw.

I do. And I didn't say differently, or that anyone was wrong, and certainly not that Rivals was right. Look at the context. The post basically said that Rivals said we were even. Rivals actually said they think the Gators lead, fwiw.

Not being a **** but I promise I’m closer to the situation than rivals. Things can change but as we stand Miami has a good size lead.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Funny you mention Roberts because he crossed my mind , and I’m the biggest Roberts fan on here. I think that’s a pretty good comparison , I think Taylor is twitchier, quicker and has a longer frame but Roberts is way stronger.
Roberts lower body is more stout & his overall frame is more suited to be a big run defending Strong side DE.

Taylor has the upper body of a Basketball player, super long arms with a bird chest, but as he keeps hitting the weight room he'll fill out. He'll be one of those DLineman that are listed at 280+ but don't have an ounce of fat on'em.

As far as their play style, Taylor probably has quicker feet, Roberts has much more core strength & ability to bull rush, plus great hip bend. Roberts is like a Dre'Mont Jones type, Taylor is more of a Malik Jackson type.

Advertisement
I'm trying to be cool about this news. I'm really trying. I wanna throw **** on Twitter but I'm an adult now and I don't wanna blow it. But damnit man. This is fantastic news.

You never know man , it’s June. Uga or bama could come out of nowhere if they miss on other cats.

After ts and hasselwood I learned this **** can change fast and by the day. But as of now we’re in the best spot , which is crazy . Three or four months ago I said “ as of now I’d say we have no chance” . @Liberty City El would’ve agreed too lol.

Now here we are.

Cooney is huge for us in this recruitment, just win.

You never know man , it’s June. Uga or bama could come out of nowhere if they miss on other cats.

After ts and hasselwood I learned this **** can change fast and by the day. But as of now we’re in the best spot , which is crazy . Three or four months ago I said “ as of now I’d say we have no chance” . @Liberty City El would’ve agreed too lol.

Now here we are.

Cooney is huge for us in this recruitment, just win.
Beautiful and simple solution. Just win, Baby. I love it

@Liberty City El @Cribby so could we see Elijah and Taylor (if things work out) as our 2 main DTs? Do you think they'd be strong enough against the run to play at the same time? I ask because they'd be elite against the pass. Just wonder if they can fight off double teams a year or two down the road.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El @Cribby so could we see Elijah and Taylor (if things work out) as our 2 main DTs? Do you think they'd be strong enough against the run to play at the same time? I ask because they'd be elite against the pass. Just wonder if they can fight off double teams a year or two down the road.

I love both prospects but let’s not forget about Harrison hunte or miller who’s only a redshirt sophomore plus Holley not saying there better but they are also very good players in there own right especially Harrison hunte I think that kid can be a Christian Wilkins clone if developed properly

I could see one at three tech and one playing sde. They’re just that athletic.

Plenty of options. Especially on pass downs.

Imo they’re closer to having the same skill set than different , other than Elijah being stronger and better against the run. Taylor more of a pass rush guy. Size and athletic ability is close.

When you start bringing guys in like those two you have a lot to work with and as I said “ options “

Not being a **** but I promise I’m closer to the situation than rivals. Things can change but as we stand Miami has a good size lead.
tenor.gif

Advertisement

You're not being a ****, you're just stating the obvious:)

I was just clarifying what Rivals was saying.

That is GREAT to hear. What a momentum commit he would be. Any idea when he's looking to make a decision?

You're not being a ****, you're just stating the obvious:)

I was just clarifying what Rivals was saying.

That is GREAT to hear. What a momentum commit he would be. Any idea when he's looking to make a decision?

Nothing on the decision but I was told if he commits early it’ll be a Chaney like situation. He’s that type of kid. He’ll shut it down.

Advertisement
Back