Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

View as article
Leonard Taylor early and shutting it down would be outright ridiculous.

@Cribby yo homie - So Haselwood was definitely on board and things went awry? That wasn't just message board chatter?

Advertisement
Leonard Taylor early and shutting it down would be outright ridiculous.

@Cribby yo homie - So Haselwood was definitely on board and things went awry? That wasn't just message board chatter?

Lots to explain with that recruitment lol. To make a long story short him and his circle manipulated the situation perfectly. Take that as you will.

Not being a **** but I promise I’m closer to the situation than rivals. Things can change but as we stand Miami has a good size lead.
That’s the kind of material only the badasses on this board can provide!!!

Have any idea if we are in a similar spot with Brashard Smith???

Advertisement
You never know man , it’s June. Uga or bama could come out of nowhere if they miss on other cats.

After ts and hasselwood I learned this **** can change fast and by the day. But as of now we’re in the best spot , which is crazy . Three or four months ago I said “ as of now I’d say we have no chance” . @Liberty City El would’ve agreed too lol.

Now here we are.

Cooney is huge for us in this recruitment, just win.

How are we looking with the rest of the Palmetto boys?

Man if this staff can only coach and Manny stays out of the way of Lashlee we just might be headed back.The things they are doing in recruiting coming off a year that we couldn’t beat s glorified JUCO team in FIU or a **** team in LA Tech is insane.

When you guys are saying those prayers in that COVID infested church you might want to throw that in before you hang up...🤣

Nothing on the decision but I was told if he commits early it’ll be a Chaney like situation. He’s that type of kid. He’ll shut it down.
2FCE4024-B265-49BA-A764-4CE2CC0F3592.gif

Advertisement
He actually reminds me of Elijah Roberts, he has that same versatility in being able to play inside 3-tech or outside 5-tech/DE.

His arm length is special, he's got a great swim move & glides through OL's like he's ice skating, has terrific footwork as an interior lineman. His outside hands technique is very good, but needs to work on his inside hands moves, has to get better with inside rip technique, but given that he's a Martial artist he has the traits to learn & understand how to disengage & shed blocks. Plays too high as well, because he's a taller lineman he tends to run straight up at OL's & because of his quick footwork he can usually beat them, he'll learn in college that low man wins & running straight at a RG/LG will get him put on his ***.

His upside is sky high though, he definitely has NFL upside & would be the highest ranked DL we've had since Chad Thomas if we signed him.

Needs to add weight & get stronger though, he's got a long lean atheltic frame & has to get more upper body tone, but a few months in the S&C would transform that pretty quickly.

No doubt a big time get if we don't fck it up.
I think he kinda like gerald mccoy

Advertisement
Any inside info on the mysterious knee injury?

supposedly he did not have surgery. Happened at home - I've never seen anything about whether it was during a workout or doing something else. They are saying he will be back by October some time.

OU not bringing players back to campus for the first time until next week.

Advertisement
supposedly he did not have surgery. Happened at home - I've never seen anything about whether it was during a workout or doing something else. They are saying he will be back by October some time.

OU not bringing players back to campus for the first time until next week.

Man I hated how he/they handled recruiting but hopefully noone pressured him into playing and not getting the surgery.

Man I hated how he/they handled recruiting but hopefully noone pressured him into playing and not getting the surgery.

It was very hush-hush. Initially it was said it was an ACL injury. Then it became a "lower leg injury" that wasn't as serious as initially thought after they did an MRI.

Advertisement
Back