Canes at no. 10 in Coaches poll; no. 11 in AP

Take care of the coastal first starting with GT this week.Then we still have to Get by VT which isn’t gonna be easy. We do that we will be top 5 probably and that’s when things will get interesting.

But it all starts with GT this weekend.One step at a time.

Truer words never spoken. Don't know when the last time a ranked Miami team lost at home to a team that was NOT RANKED in the Top 25 but I assure you Paul Johnson loves the role as an underdog. Should be a great game in my opinion.

Advertisement
LOL @ Auburn and Ohio State being ranked ahead of us with one loss apiece.

We should be ranked #5 right now. Ahead of: Washington, Washington State (LOL), TCU (LOL), Wisconsin (LOL), Ohio State and Auburn.

We would smack every one of those teams around right now. They don't play good football on the West Coast... Wisconsin is slow and untalented, and TCU is loaded up with 2-star kids who Oklahoma and Texas didn't recruit.

These rankings are messed up.

We're getting ZERO RESPECT SMH

Everyone seems to be happy with our ranking, yet we are the lowest ranked undefeated P5 team. I think we'd whip more than half the teams in front of us.

Therein lies the problem with preseason polls, my friend.
They are ahead of us now because they were ahead of us before a down was even played.

That being said,
I'm good with where we are at...for now.

TCU and Wash St both jumped us from the preseason poll.

Got it.
Beating a top-5 team, their jump is justified.
Actually, based on results alone, they should be #'s 2 and 3.
I did say "they", so I stand corrected.

My point was aimed more at the Wisconsin's, PSU's, OSU's, and UW's of the world.
Their wins aren't any better than ours, but they're ahead just "because".
I never liked early polls for that reason.

Looking forward to the week #11 poll.

Wheres the guys saying I was wrong for putting us 9-11? I said we'd probably jump Aub since they have no good wins and a loss.

" No way we jump the sec" lmao. Get out of my face , people are getting off that train. Everyone knows it's Bama and nothing else. Well , Aub does look good. Especially the D but I don't think they're a legit contender.

We're still behind Auburn in the AP aka the one that actually means something.

Advertisement
With our schedule we'll have to just sit back and wait for losses to climb. No win will impress people unless it's Clemson in the acccg.

Honestly being in the top 10-11 range is perfect for what we've done.

Agree.
As I said above, I'm in on these discussions for the week #11 poll.

Everyone seems to be happy with our ranking, yet we are the lowest ranked undefeated P5 team. I think we'd whip more than half the teams in front of us.

Therein lies the problem with preseason polls, my friend.
They are ahead of us now because they were ahead of us before a down was even played.

That being said,
I'm good with where we are at...for now.

TCU and Wash St both jumped us from the preseason poll.

Got it.
Beating a top-5 team, their jump is justified.
Actually, based on results alone, they should be #'s 2 and 3.
I did say "they", so I stand corrected.

My point was aimed more at the Wisconsin's, PSU's, OSU's, and UW's of the world.
Their wins aren't any better than ours, but they're ahead just "because".
I never liked early polls for that reason.

Looking forward to the week #11 poll.

They're all ahead "just because". Who's to say that USC and Oklahoma State deserved their preseason ranking?

Just keep winning. We all know if they win every game including upsetting Clemson in title game they are in the playoff.

Just keep winning. We all know if they win every game including upsetting Clemson in title game they are in the playoff.

That's it, huh? Just go undefeated and beat the defending natl champ in what would essentially be a home game for them. Fingers crossed that we'd still get in over a 1 loss Bama or OSU then.

Advertisement
With our schedule we'll have to just sit back and wait for losses to climb. No win will impress people unless it's Clemson in the acccg.

Honestly being in the top 10-11 range is perfect for what we've done.

If VaTech and ND continue to win, then that should gather some noise. We just have to go out and take care of what we can control

In all the time I've been watching college football, I've never seen more than four teams finish the year undefeated.

Every year, college football fans think it's going to happen. And every year, it doesn't.

If we go undefeated and win the ACCCG, we're going to the playoffs, 100% guaranteed.

In all the time I've been watching college football, I've never seen more than four teams finish the year undefeated.

Every year, college football fans think it's going to happen. And every year, it doesn't.

If we go undefeated and win the ACCCG, we're going to the playoffs, 100% guaranteed.

That's why it's a dip**** thing to say. Obviously if we go undefeated we'll be in the playoffs what's the point in saying it?

Advertisement
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if we go undefeated and win the two playoff games we'll win the national title. Just a hunch fellas, please don't neg.

LOL @ Auburn and Ohio State being ranked ahead of us with one loss apiece.

We should be ranked #5 right now. Ahead of: Washington, Washington State (LOL), TCU (LOL), Wisconsin (LOL), Ohio State and Auburn.

We would smack every one of those teams around right now. They don't play good football on the West Coast... Wisconsin is slow and untalented, and TCU is loaded up with 2-star kids who Oklahoma and Texas didn't recruit.

These rankings are messed up.

We're getting ZERO RESPECT SMH

Auburn looks like a better football team than us right now. Our defense has some problems and we can't run the ball against solid run defenses. You can't win consistently if you can't run the ball consistently. We need that 18 class to get in here and reinforce this team.

Ohio State should not be above Miami or Wash St. They have played one team with a pulse and lost. At home.

This is on Urbie's Coed collecter Toyota Sienna:

OPlate #8.jpg

Advertisement
Are you asking me if I think it will happen the answer is no. What I am saying is that polls dont matter 1 bit. Who cares take care of business.

I know it's gonna be great to be knowing FSU UF playing to see who either gets bowl eligible or goes to a worse bowl....and no one cares.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

People still have the mentality of ranking teams high but not adjusting it when that teams lose badly. Also Wash St, should be ranked higher than Wash. They beat USC and went into Autzen and smack Oregon. Also I know the SEC suck, but Auburn is a good team, so is UGA. Let's not be too biased. That's off what I see them do. Auburn gave Clemson a challenge in Clemson and UGA went up to ND and beat them, and ND doesn't seem that bad because they beat MSU , who just beat Mich.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Take care of the coastal first starting with GT this week.Then we still have to Get by VT which isn’t gonna be easy. We do that we will be top 5 probably and that’s when things will get interesting.

But it all starts with GT this weekend.One step at a time.

Truer words never spoken. Don't know when the last time a ranked Miami team lost at home to a team that was NOT RANKED in the Top 25 but I assure you Paul Johnson loves the role as an underdog. Should be a great game in my opinion.

Paul Johnson is a pile of ****, but I'll answer because of your name. Last year Miami was 16th and lost to unranked UNC at home

Advertisement
Back