Canes at no. 10 in Coaches poll; no. 11 in AP

Everyone seems to be happy with our ranking, yet we are the lowest ranked undefeated P5 team. I think we'd whip more than half the teams in front of us.

Therein lies the problem with preseason polls, my friend.
They are ahead of us now because they were ahead of us before a down was even played.

That being said,
I'm good with where we are at...for now.

TCU and Wash St both jumped us from the preseason poll.

Got it.
Beating a top-5 team, their jump is justified.
Actually, based on results alone, they should be #'s 2 and 3.
I did say "they", so I stand corrected.

My point was aimed more at the Wisconsin's, PSU's, OSU's, and UW's of the world.
Their wins aren't any better than ours, but they're ahead just "because".
I never liked early polls for that reason.

Looking forward to the week #11 poll.

They're all ahead "just because". Who's to say that USC and Oklahoma State deserved their preseason ranking?

No one.
Just another example of the inconsistencies.
IF the preseason poll and results meant something, those teams should be up there.
I think they're worthless.

I stated above that I don't like preseason polls, or any polls before a majority of the season has played out.
I've kept track. Every year 10-12 teams that are in the preseason poll are not even ranked at the end of the year.
This reinforces your point on deserved rakings.

Another pet peeve is the pollsters limited memories.
They'll bump TCU nine spots for the "signature" win but will forget to drop them
if OSU goes on a 4 game slide.

Advertisement
Meaningless if we dont stay. Only thing that matters is GT and winning that game. Beat Tech! Go Canes!!

Each of the teams FSU lost to could end up in the top 25. And then the narrative would be different from FSU struggling this year to them actually facing some decent teams. That in turn makes our win over them look that much better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Each of the teams FSU lost to could end up in the top 25. And then the narrative would be different from FSU struggling this year to them actually facing some decent teams. That in turn makes our win over them look that much better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

yep, if fsu wins out (hope they dont)

then our SOS will continue to look better

Advertisement
Back