Canes at no. 10 in Coaches poll; no. 11 in AP

Wheres the guys saying I was wrong for putting us 9-11? I said we'd probably jump Aub since they have no good wins and a loss.

" No way we jump the sec" lmao. Get out of my face , people are getting off that train. Everyone knows it's Bama and nothing else. Well , Aub does look good. Especially the D but I don't think they're a legit contender.

We didn't jump Auburn this week in the coaches. We were already ahead of them.

My apologies sir.

My point is the whole " sec" thing is silly. Everyone knows that conference is watered down. Especially if you listen to sports talk or watch the multitude of cfb programming. The narrative is dead. Alabama is god and the rest is the little barking , cartoon dog hyping up hank.

I said 9-11 , and I'm ok if we don't jump Aub. I just don't think if we didn't it's because they're sec. they went to Death Valley and lost by a td. I'm not sure if we do that.

I was in Death Valley a few weeks ago when Boston College fought Clemson to a standstill going into the 4th quarter. UM is definitely capable of doing the same or better.

Maybe. But I'm not sure.

They'd be a lot more up for us than BC. That was more of a lack of respect , flat game than who they actually are.

And that's a far better Dl , qb, wr and running game than Fsu. IMO they'd completely dominated the trenches against us. Just my opinion, I'm pretty realistic with this stuff the older I get lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Quick question? Who here believes Washington State should be ranked higher than us?

How do they rank Michigan ahead of MSU???? Same records, MSU JUST beat them. The polls are a effing joke, at least this point in the season. Still, glad to have a lower number next to our name. Keep winning, the number gets smaller.

xLrs6g3.gif

Advertisement
Quick question? Who here believes Washington State should be ranked higher than us?

Or Penn State, TCU, Ohio State or Wisconsin? TCU has the best argument, beating Oklahoma State although they looked sluggish yesterday against a watered down version of a team we teabagged last year.

Everyone seems to be happy with our ranking, yet we are the lowest ranked undefeated P5 team. I think we'd whip more than half the teams in front of us.

Therein lies the problem with preseason polls, my friend.
They are ahead of us now because they were ahead of us before a down was even played.

That being said,
I'm good with where we are at...for now.

Everyone seems to be happy with our ranking, yet we are the lowest ranked undefeated P5 team. I think we'd whip more than half the teams in front of us.

Therein lies the problem with preseason polls, my friend.
They are ahead of us now because they were ahead of us before a down was even played.

That being said,
I'm good with where we are at...for now.

TCU and Wash St both jumped us from the preseason poll.

Advertisement
Any pol that has Aint ahead of OU is a joke, they went on the road and pimp slapped them. But we will ranked where we need be entering the ACCCG

Advertisement
Rankings right now only matter us.We keep winning and 1,we will keep moving up and 2 we will be in the ACCCG where we have the chance to get to the playoffs.

But getting to either is still full of land mines.I know we all want to think this is the 2001 Canes but truth be told this team has a lot of holes and there’s a lot that needs fixing before we can think about taking on Clemson or any other team of that caliber that would be in the playoff.

Take care of the coastal first starting with GT this week.Then we still have to Get by VT which isn’t gonna be easy. We do that we will be top 5 probably and that’s when things will get interesting.

But it all starts with GT this weekend.One step at a time.

With our schedule we'll have to just sit back and wait for losses to climb. No win will impress people unless it's Clemson in the acccg.

Honestly being in the top 10-11 range is perfect for what we've done.

We really didn’t move nor should we have. We beat a team we should have beaten. We need to put a whole game together and then you’ll see then start to get some serious consideration. It all starts with GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
We haven't beat a ranked opponent yet and had 1 less game (Ark St) to prove a point. Just sit tight and let's keep winning, 1 game at a time and everything will sort itself out.

So much of this relies on where the teams start at the beginning of the season

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

None of this matters.....until we never get in the (4 team) Playoff unless we're undefeated- even as an ACC champion. It's obviously nothing to get your gonads rustled over now but the lingering propensity to give a team from the mighty SEC (and possibly the Big Ten in the future) a mulligan for 1 loss per year will eventually burn us in this format. You already see the ACC's respect in the national media's eye hinged on Clemson AND FSU being top ranked teams.

Go to an 8 team Playoff. 5 conference winners and 3 at large. Eff the corches, writers and mathematical nonsense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back