2022 Canes and Wildcats

Advertisement
The hitting was improved this year, but I’ve believed from the start that Gino needs an experienced hitting coach to suceed.

I have two questions that have been bugging me:
1) Why have we developed only one starter each of the two years
2) Why do our starters and relievers, young and veteran alike, seem so gassed.

I’m not sure I’m ready to go to the natural outcome re:JD of asking those questions, but I’m not sure I’m not either.

1 skip line drive to his right. They did give him a hit

As the announcer said, "That’s a double if he doesn't field that ball."
I can't help it if the scorer sucks. That was a throwing error 100% There are tons of plays that are a double if he doesn't field the ball.. that doesn't make it a hard play. There was nothing special about gloving that ball.

Advertisement
The hitting was improved this year, but I’ve believed from the start that Gino needs an experienced hitting coach to suceed.

I’m not sure I’m ready to go to the natural outcome re:JD of asking those questions, but I’m not sure I’m not either.
Al Golden put 30 pounds of fat on every kid he signed here, and they were still more in shape than this team. We looked like they went 15 rounds with Tyson at the end of a double header. We just don’t have athletes.

When it comes to Ligon, he hit the freshman wall. I get that. But there’s no excuse for everybody else.

Never would‘ve imagined Walters gets tagged for that gapper.
Wasn't his usual self either night. Perhaps threw too many pitches Saturday.

However, we shouldn't be in these 1 run games. We haven't hit like any of the top teams so I'm not really all that mad because I didn't think we could get out of the Super regional.

We're just not good enough. That's reality.

I can't help it if the scorer sucks. That was a throwing error 100% There are tons of plays that are a double if he doesn't field the ball.. that doesn't make it a hard play. There was nothing special about gloving that ball.
Dude, if you chase a ball down in the hole that would be a base hit, it's not an error even if it's a bad throw.

However, having fielded the ball, I expected Pitelli to make a good throw. He rushed it when he had time. If he didn't have time we wouldn't be questioning the throw. He thought he needed to rush it, but he didn't.

Like football, I don't look at one play and say that's the reason for a loss. There's a systemic lack of hitting as a team that makes the margins for winning very small

Advertisement

Gino might need a new hitting coach, but we need a new Head coach. You’d have to ask the S & C coach HR Powell about that.

Dude, if you chase a ball down in the hole that would be a base hit, it's not an error even if it's a bad throw.

However, having fielded the ball, I expected Pitelli to make a good throw. He rushed it when he had time. If he didn't have time we wouldn't be questioning the throw. He thought he needed to rush it, but he didn't.

Like football, I don't look at one play and say that's the reason for a loss. There's a systemic lack of hitting as a team that makes the margins for winning very small
It was a play I'd expect my ss to make glove wise. I agree with everything else you're saying tho.

Advertisement
We need a lot more consistent production from our hitters. The way college baseball is played today, we can't win at a high level with only 3-4 bats consistently producing and relatively few HR threats.
4 runs in two games today far exceeded my expectations.

when you need ONE run, like we did basically for almost 18 straight innings, aren't hitting at all, and have RISP all day, I'd expect some coaching.

8th and 9th innings were the absolute worst I've ever seen. Other teams double stealing, we get thrown out at home by 50 feet then get picked off.

All those years of Morris small ball, and DiNada doesn't squeeze?

Advertisement

The pitching wasn't the problem when it mattered. Miami lost a game 2-1 today. There isn't a National Seed in existence, BESIDES Miami that couldn't find a way to push 3 runs across. In modern college baseball, you give up under 5 runs in a game, you should win an overwhelming majority of the time. Miami managed to lose both games. Let's be honest, this team doesn't have an approach at the plate, they don't have a **** clue and that's mostly because of the way they are coached. I can't remember the last time I saw this team, as a team come to the plate with an approach that matched what they SHOULD do. It's "Swing and hope for the best". That isn't going to win you anything long term.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: We have one of the dumbest fanbase in collegiate athletics. They aren't firing Dimare, even though tonight was extremely frustrating and honestly, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place. Give me multiple examples of coaches being fired for consistently making the postseason, being national seeds and having a flameout.

When he was hired, a lot of us were ****ed and for good reason. We knew he was a lazy hire, one with a well defined ceiling. He isn't awful enough to be a gimmie fire, but he isn't good enough to get Miami to the promised land. Welcome to being a solid program that may go on a run due to sheer talent, but will have embarrassing flameouts like today. It's frustrating, but it is what it is. Barring Dimare completely falling apart in recruiting, Miami should be able to consistently get into the postseason, be a national seed regularly, but I would be shocked if Dimare was able to leverage that into a title. This is WHY you NEVER hire someone you can't fire. Rad will need a **** of a reason to fire Dimare, because I doubt he's in the business of alienating a huge and I mean huge institutional donor. Blake James didn't think of all of this and just ran to the easy hire. This was another example of if someone on the Board of Trustees was doing their job, Blake would have been fired for even suggesting this guy, because anyone with an IQ above room temperature could see this becoming an impossible situation.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: We have one of the dumbest fanbase in collegiate athletics. They aren't firing Dimare, even though tonight was extremely frustrating and honestly, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place. Give me multiple examples of coaches being fired for consistently making the postseason, being national seeds and having a flameout.

When he was hired, a lot of us were ****ed and for good reason. We knew he was a lazy hire, one with a well defined ceiling. He isn't awful enough to be a gimmie fire, but he isn't good enough to get Miami to the promised land. Welcome to being a solid program that may go on a run due to sheer talent, but will have embarrassing flameouts like today. It's frustrating, but it is what it is. Barring Dimare completely falling apart in recruiting, Miami should be able to consistently get into the postseason, be a national seed regularly, but I would be shocked if Dimare was able to leverage that into a title. This is WHY you NEVER hire someone you can't fire. Rad will need a **** of a reason to fire Dimare, because I doubt he's in the business of alienating a huge and I mean huge institutional donor. Blake James didn't think of all of this and just ran to the easy hire. This was another example of if someone on the Board of Trustees was doing their job, Blake would have been fired for even suggesting this guy, because anyone with an IQ above room temperature could see this becoming an impossible situation.
lol you say we're dumb for wanting him fired and then spend the rest of your post making the case for why he shouldn't be the head coach for Miami baseball. Making the post season and getting smoked out isn't what Miami baseball should be.

Advertisement
Back