Canes -16 vs UAB on 9/10

Austin Peay just had all 3 of their long-snappers miss their first game on Saturday night due to "unspecified reasons", which is obviously COVID related. And, shocker, they pretty much lost the game because they couldn't long snap.
Somebody didn't think that group's practice rotations through very well.

Different era, but I played small college and there were always a few position players who could long snap. Our starting center long snapped for four years, and I was a starting OT, but back-up long snapper, never had to in four years. Heck our OLB was the place/FG kicker for three years, Hit two 50+ yarders for wins in 3 seasons. When he graduated my senior year, we finally got just a kicker, who wasn't near as good.

Specialization sucks when something like this happens.

Advertisement
I locked in at Miami -14 and the over 54.5. If Lashlee/King hit stride in first half I don't see them hitting the breaks in this game.

Advertisement
roll soothing GIF

We will roll

You know, I just can't eat Cinnabon, because somewhere, in a mall, airport, or wherever, there's a 14 year old just laughing his *** off.

Advertisement
this line reminds me of the Miami at App State opening game 4 years ago which was Miami at -3.5. place my first and only bet on the canes. bet $5k and won big.
Funny you say that, I had the same thought. IIRC, that line definitely moved in Appalachian State’s favor. Didn’t matter, we smoked them.

Advertisement
this line reminds me of the Miami at App State opening game 4 years ago which was Miami at -3.5. place my first and only bet on the canes. bet $5k and won big.
I was at that game.

Crowd went nuts and died on our first play from scrimmage. Safety filled the alley perfectly, Walton trucked him and took his soul down the field for 80 yards.

Advertisement
We have to win this game by 40. I am so tired of seeing people pick UAB +14 and quoting trends and how bad our offense was last year. Wtf does last years team with a stoned QB and Enos have to do with King and Lashlee? I’m sure all these people are gonna be betting on LSU bc of last years trends too, right?

I even saw a guy say, “something to keep in mind: “O lineman Donaldson is out, and RB Burns is questionable. How the f*** is that relevant? Without Donaldson, our line gets better and Burns was never gonna get carries anyway.

It’s obvious most people have no idea about this team and I need them to be shown what the deal is tomorrow night.

Canes cover the spread but take the under. Our defense won’t give them much and anything over 40 from Miami you’ll see reserves.

I bet the over because we have tendency to get gashed every now and then with our aggressive defense. As to that we have many new starters and their first Game.

UAB might get 10-17 on some quick strikes.

-13.5 and the over please. Hoping to see Miami our up 40+ points game one. 42-10. 45-17 type game

Advertisement
Back