Candidates for UM Head Coach

btw, i can only imagine what mark stoops could do with Chad Thomas, Owens, young, etc UM DB coach during our NC years, then built up the FSU defense under Jimbo. Now has a Kentucky team with little talent playing hard in SEC.

I can only imagine what Butch Davis could do with our players and the additional players he'd bring in.

Actually, I don't have to imagine. I done seen it twice.

Advertisement
Lane was a head coach in the NFL ... but ya he's terrible. He's won at least 3 games for Alabama this season. Kiss my *** ****ers

Hate all you want, Lane Kiffin is an offensive guru. We would have a coach that is actually good at something. He also can recruit.

You don't get it.

Under Saban, you better perform, and right out of the gate.

Lane Kiffin suks assse as a Head Coach. He will get UM into trouble - the last thing we need - with the NCAA. He's a prikk.

But Lane, thanks for coming in and addressing us. Congratulations against Auburn.

Hate all you want, Lane Kiffin is an offensive guru. We would have a coach that is actually good at something. He also can recruit.

You don't get it.

Under Saban, you better perform, and right out of the gate.

Lane Kiffin suks assse as a Head Coach. He will get UM into trouble - the last thing we need - with the NCAA. He's a prikk.

But Lane, thanks for coming in and addressing us. Congratulations against Auburn.

Hahaha funny (not being sarcastic)

Chud is the perfect fit....there are some questions about personality but look at Saban, Meyer, Spurrier...huge ****heads but the kids respect them because they can coach.

Golden is the opposite. Kids really like him but know he is clueless.

Chud would almost certainly bring Dorsey down as QB coach and CO-OC with Chud calling the plays.

Chud has an NFL rolodex a mile long. He is the perfect fit and we can get him reasonably.

This program was built on coaches with NFL aspirations.

Jimmy, Erikson, Butch....

Advertisement
I think Lane Kiffin has alot of negative qualities, it doesn't seem like people really like him at all. I think he was (and still kind of is) young and learning how to be a head coach. He's also a brilliant offensive mind, something he doesn't get enough credit for imo. It's hard to notice because it's pro style stuff which all looks very similar but he's Bobby Petrino kind of brilliant, particularly in the red zone. He deserves another Crack at a college program but I'm not sure I want him at Miami.

Butch is still owed one more payment from UNC in January that he'll lose if he takes a coaching job before then.

Golden is a failure, actually a mistake from Day One. The Penn State/Big Ten style is passé. Southeastern athleticism (especially South Florida) is the cutting edge of college football. Who would: 1. Recruit well in Florida; 2. Implement a style of play in all three phases of the game that would compete with the likes of Alabama, TCU and Oregon? In other words, teach the game fundamentals to hungry athletes who want to play on Sunday. Here are some names that come to my mind:

Lane Kiffen
Rex Ryan
Bob Ryan
Jim Mora
Geoff Collins (DC at Miss. State)
Rhett Lashlee (OC at Auburn)
Mike Bloomgren (OC at Stanford, with NFL experience)

Please, no more Mr. Nice Guys like Golden. Nice guys finish last.

Bob Ryan? From the Boston Globe?

Advertisement
I'm actually warming up to the idea of Lane Kiffin.

Everyone has seen in his career that he is flat out an amazing offensive coach, both in playcalling and in developing talent. He's had a ridiculous amount of head coaching experience considering his age. On top of all of this he is without a doubt one of the best recruiters in college football. As the recruiting coordinator at USC under Pete Carroll he had the no. 1 recruiting class in the nation 3 years in a row. During his time as head coach at USC he recruited extraordinarily well under REAL sanctions (not just perceived heavy sanctions that turned out to be much less impactful, that Golden would use as a crutch for years).

The guy obviously has his share of baggage and a massive ego. But I'll give him this - what truly successful coach doesn't have an ego? A lot of his follies earlier in his career might be attributed to how young he was relative to his peers and the crazy amount of hype attached to him. I admittedly have not seen or heard anything of him personalty-wise this season (which might actually be a good thing). Hopefully he's learned something under Saban.

If you want an offense capable of hanging 40+ on any defense in the nation and a coach that will absolutely lock down every major recruit in South Florida, Kiffin just might be the guy. Given his ****ups in the pass he won't be attractive to some of the bigger programs looking for coaches, but would probably come to Miami. I think if he's brought in and is serious about the job (and displayed at least some increase in maturity) he'd be a home run hire.

Advertisement
Careful CaneSwag, the "your opinion is different from mine" ******s are out in full force.

Kiffin, what an amazing offensive mind.

Bama is 2013 and 2012 averaged 38 ppg. This year they average 36 ppg. That is the bump you would expect from an offensive guru

Anyone who says Kiffin should be punched in the face immediately.

Advertisement
Kiffin, what an amazing offensive mind.

Bama is 2013 and 2012 averaged 38 ppg. This year they average 36 ppg. That is the bump you would expect from an offensive guru

Anyone who says Kiffin should be punched in the face immediately.

**** yourself

I've already made all of these points but here:
- Kiffin is young, but has lots of HC experience
- he took over USC team on probation (worse than what Golden has had)
- he's known in NFL as an offensive genius
- Saban hired him, gave him seemingly total control of the offense
- Kiffin has won games for Alabama this season with his creativity
- he has turned a WR into a decent QB at Alabam

Advertisement
Back