Can The Offense Get Going?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our offensive line is bad to say the least. As stated before, Jarren also tends to hold the ball too long and I kinda get the feeling he wants to prove he’s a pocket passer but in all honesty he often times doesn’t have much of a pocket. We heard all this offseason and even more after he won the job about how mobile he is and how he’s a guy who can pick up yards with his legs. He needs to make quicker decisions and realize when things break down it’s ok to run and pick up a few. A QB who is a threat to run puts more pressure on defenses and we haven’t applied that type of pressure to any defense yet this season when it’s said to be a strength of our QB.

Advertisement
Albeit our poor offensive line... if the defense would have showed up to play the football they're capable of we would easily be 4-0... let that sink in! @mdpcane

the offense consistently failed to score points when they had several opportunities to do so each game but it’s all the defenses fault? 🤔

Hope so, we have had typical early season struggles. We need to sure up our redzone efficiency and change some tendencies. It’s absolutely plausible that we are experiencing early season struggles and if that’s the case hopefully we start humming on all cylinders. It would be the perfect time to do so with pivotal acc games coming up.

I’ve been watching the canes probably twice as long as you and I literally can’t remember the last time we were “humming on all cylinders”. We have yet to play a clean game at any phase in the past 15-19 years. Do you know how crazy that sounds. Literally not 1 unit has hummed.

Advertisement
the offense consistently failed to score points when they had several opportunities to do so each game but it’s all the defenses fault? 🤔
Krazy… that's not what I said. Read the statement again... I addressed the key deficiency on offense, the OL. A good performance by the OL would have prevented the 10 sacks by the UF defense and probably a UM win. Actually Jarren was better than expected... and I feel he will improve this year.
But the defense (by consensus) has glaringly under performed this year... CIS mods and staff agree, CIS members agree, sports analysts agree, Manny agrees, etc., etc. Does that clarify my post?

Enos’ offense has def got going before, but never with Barry as his o line coach. We’ll see

Advertisement
We haven't had even a decent offense in so long, I'm coming to the opinion that we may never have anything better than a high school level offense ever again.

Yeah those cmu running through the defense wide open and dropping passes and just overall not looking like what we are accustomed to certainly has me concerned. Hopefully adding bubba and Silvera to the defense will be huge helps. I think the O will start to jell though.

Do you all think Bubba is taking Knowles’s playing time?

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Advertisement
Back