Can The Offense Get Going?

Advertisement
It’s the secondary looking confused. Looking to the sidelines way too much.

I despise when I see a Miami team play zone Defense. Somebody is always open. Our kids go full ****** when we go zone. Not to mention, we have a moronic DC who put our best pass rushers to cover. I can go on but what’s the point.

It's known by now looking in these threads that i hate this offense. But talking to somebody about this shîtty offense and they brought up enos in his first year at arkansas and how they struggled early.

I looked it up and the first 6 games at arkansas they averaged 23ppg and went 2-4. And they loss to toledo 12-16.

The last 7 games they averaged 46ppg and went 6-1. The 1 loss came to miss st and that's the game he dropped 50 on diaz defense.

So y'all think they can get it going like arkansas did? I hope so because I'm about 2 more ****** offensive drives away from having a stroke.

View attachment 97926

View attachment 97927

Edit: added the schedule

Since you used the word can, sure they can. Better question is will they turn it around.

Advertisement
I despise when I see a Miami team play zone Defense. Somebody is always open. Our kids go full ****** when we go zone. Not to mention, we have a moronic DC who put our best pass rushers to cover. I can go on but what’s the point.

Change the year to 2015 and this about Donofrio

Sheer normalcy says yes. Darn tough to maintain this level in college football.

Besides, Virginia Tech has allowed at least 31 points in 6 consecutive ACC games dating to last season.

That needs to be our guideline

Advertisement
It's known by now looking in these threads that i hate this offense. But talking to somebody about this shîtty offense and they brought up enos in his first year at arkansas and how they struggled early.

I looked it up and the first 6 games at arkansas they averaged 23ppg and went 2-4. And they loss to toledo 12-16.

The last 7 games they averaged 46ppg and went 6-1. The 1 loss came to miss st and that's the game he dropped 50 on diaz defense.

So y'all think they can get it going like arkansas did? I hope so because I'm about 2 more ****** offensive drives away from having a stroke.

View attachment 97926

View attachment 97927

Edit: added the schedule
So you're saying there's hope.

Technically, if the defense plays well enough the offense doesn't have to score any points.

I fear our defense will reach that point before our offense becomes dominant.

Hope so, we have had typical early season struggles. We need to sure up our redzone efficiency and change some tendencies. It’s absolutely plausible that we are experiencing early season struggles and if that’s the case hopefully we start humming on all cylinders. It would be the perfect time to do so with pivotal acc games coming up.

Brand new system, new QB and weak/suspect/young OL; there were/are going to be growing pains. The biggest test for Enos will be his willingness to adjust and tailor the offense to what the line and Jarren do well.

Absolutely not. We have an injured QB, no explosive skill players, the worst OL ever, and an arrogant OC stuck in his ways.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know it makes little sense but I agree. Something about this Defense frustrates me.

Agreed. Love the run defense, but it just looks like something is missing. I see lack of aggression, not playing downhill as much. This could be because of the def adjusting to Baker's play calling, thinking to much. Hopefully the entire def follows GH26 route, started slow but now he's starting to just play.

Somebody made the point a few days ago that Diaz hired Enos because his offense gives Diaz defenses problems and that for me is the proof.

As for Enos system, We can see that a good offense exists, but rn he just doesn't have a good grasp on what he can do with the players that we have, add an OL that is below average at best, a holding problem that negates long runs and a QB that has struggled with throwing deep and the whole thing looks like a clown show.

Enos is not innocent here, his inability to adapt to our players, stick with the running game (against UNC at least) and unrequited love for hard PAs has hurt us big time, but I do believe he has a good system, We just don't have the talent to execute that, so it becomes moot.

Advertisement
Somebody made the point a few days ago that Diaz hired Enos because his offense gives Diaz defenses problems and that for me is the proof.

As for Enos system, We can see that a good offense exists, but rn he just doesn't have a good grasp on what he can do with the players that we have, add an OL that is below average at best, a holding problem that negates long runs and a QB that has struggled with throwing deep and the whole thing looks like a clown show.

Enos is not innocent here, his inability to adapt to our players, stick with the running game (against UNC at least) and unrequited love for hard PAs has hurt us big time, but I do believe he has a good system, We just don't have the talent to execute that, so it becomes moot.
I disagree with not having the talent. We have more talent than that arkansas team. The biggest difference is the o-line. There o-line was much better.

In addition to Jarren running as well as connecting more on some of those deep passes. More passing in the endzone as well and less tight formations as that hinders our ability to operate effectively imo
Jarren has to throw the ball when he needs to throw it. Take the safety for instance. He had Harley wide open, with space to work, where Harley would've been 1v1 in the open field against a CMU defender. Jarren holds the ball and take the safety.

Also what is it with you people and griping about "tight" formations? We have used tight formations to our advantage, in fact Roman pointed 1 out on a failed 3rd down where if our pulling guard doesn't do a shuffle and hesitation move Cam probably scores because the defense was tight to the light and tight to the box. However Clark pulls, hesitates, fooks up the spacing between him and Cam, and dude makes a play when we had a lane.

I disagree with not having the talent. We have more talent than that arkansas team. The biggest difference is the o-line. There o-line was much better.
The OL alone can kill a system like ours. I won't even discuss the talent of our WRs and RBs, because I don't have a clear picture about them.

Advertisement
Back