Can it be.... Trayone Gray might get in????

Matt on rivals said he just spoke with Aubrey Hill and Trayone got his grades up. He has only taken the ACT recently and needs an 18 to make up for his still subpar grades, but if he gets it he's apparently in.

I'm not sure I buy the idea that this is his first time taking the test, so I'm guessing that getting that score is far from a given, but overall it sounds like good news!

The only thing I question about that is they said he needs an 18 when the NCAA scores that test as each section added up so the ranges as far as score is concerned should be in the 80-85 range.

Advertisement
Matt on rivals said he just spoke with Aubrey Hill and Trayone got his grades up. He has only taken the ACT recently and needs an 18 to make up for his still subpar grades, but if he gets it he's apparently in.

I'm not sure I buy the idea that this is his first time taking the test, so I'm guessing that getting that score is far from a given, but overall it sounds like good news!

Would not surprise me...I'm not even sure ermon lane has taken it yet. The people with influence on these kids dont stress the other aspect of becoming a d1 athlete enough, I.e. taking the sat & act 3 times each w/ studying, going to class, staying out of trouble, etc.

Edit: Obviously the kid needs to take responsibility himself as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Would not surprise me...I'm not even sure ermon lane has taken it yet. The people with influence on these kids dont stress the other aspect of becoming a d1 athlete enough, I.e. taking the sat & act 3 times each w/ studying, going to class, staying out of trouble, etc.

Seems they only care about the payday at the end, not the work it takes to get there.

Seems they only care about the payday at the end, not the work it takes to get there.

Are you guys saying there is more to evaluating a recruit than simply highlight videos, camps and 7on7s?

The only thing I question about that is they said he needs an 18 when the NCAA scores that test as each section added up so the ranges as far as score is concerned should be in the 80-85 range.

There is no way. The maximum score is 34 I believe, and 18 is just over 50% by that comparison. I know athletes who have gotten an 18 and that is what they needed to get in so I think this is pretty accurate.

Advertisement

There is no way. The maximum score is 34 I believe, and 18 is just over 50% by that comparison. I know athletes who have gotten an 18 and that is what they needed to get in so I think this is pretty accurate.

Go to the NCAA website and look at the sliding scale and how it is scored. This I know for certain

I'd be curious to hear what Pete thinks about this possibility. Remember him saying it would take a miracle to get in.

An 18 overall yeah but I think what he is saying is they add up the scores from each section which are also scaled to 36. I think there's for or five sections so adding up those scores needs too be 80 or something

Advertisement
Highest possible score for The ACT is 36. As I understand most admissions policies, the requisite score on the standardize test can fluctuate depending on your core GPA. The higher your GPA, the lower your standardized assessment score can be -within limitations naturally.

My bigger concern with Gray is NCAA Clearinghouse flagging some of the courses he has taken rather than what he scores on entrance exams.

But it would be nice if the baby jesus at the NCAA just once let us get a marginally academic but athletically gifted kid in .

An 18 overall yeah but I think what he is saying is they add up the scores from each section which are also scaled to 36. I think there's for or five sections so adding up those scores needs too be 80 or something

When I took it, I got a 28 on all four sections and that was my total score. I believe it is an averaging system.

Advertisement

This is why I hate the bull**** about recruiting. If these 'mentors" cared about the kids they would but a huge emphesis on grades but they don't and then they influence kids to go to schools that they want them to go not where the kid can succeed best smh

Advertisement

Graig Cooper was told he needed a 17 when he was coming out of prep and got an 18 or 19.

Edit: Obviously the kid needs to take responsibility himself as well

That is because no SEC school, or FSU, pays them $$ for the kids scores and grades. They just pay for visits, commits and signature. If the "mentors" got cash for grades, these kids would hitting the books.

Advertisement
Back