Can it be.... Trayone Gray might get in????

Advertisement
Commentary from Pete or Tito on this situation has ZERO impact on whether Gray gets in or not.

I'm pulling for the kid no matter what they have to say.

I would love to see this kid get in for many reasons. He seems like a good kid at heart and truly wants to be a Cane.

Not to mention I'm really sick of people talking about grades like they have a ****ing clue and this would go a long way in shutting some of them up.
But What if somebody worked in the school system and had access to ISIS.. u know the system that dade county uses that has all kids grade records and testing records? I mean is that so far fetched?

I would love to see this kid get in for many reasons. He seems like a good kid at heart and truly wants to be a Cane.

Not to mention I'm really sick of people talking about grades like they have a ****ing clue and this would go a long way in shutting some of them up.
But What if somebody worked in the school system and had access to ISIS.. u know the system that dade county uses that has all kids grade records and testing records? I mean is that so far fetched?

Jhall is a good poster but both Pete and Vern have information to what Vern just alluded to

Advertisement

Jhall is a good poster but both Pete and Vern have information to what Vern just alluded to

I always believe Vern. Pete? Uh....no.

What I'm saying is there has been cases that have gone on beyond grades, well if you believe those things. Just because grades are a disaster doesn't mean a kid won't get in in the end. Rare of course.

Let me qualify this by saying I don't think he gets in at all. Just hope he does.

Advertisement
I would have a raging hard on if our RB depth chart consisted of Duke, Yearby, Gray, and Gus.

There are three classes of UM football players
1. Players who get in that are smart
2. Player s who get in that are dumb
3. Players who don't get in who are ...............
Hope he gets in

i.e. Yearby

Advertisement
76.gif

Advertisement
Frank Gore 2.0?

What the ****?

They couldn't be more dissimilar as runners. Gore has elite balance, low center of gravity, good agility. Gray is upright and somewhat stiff. The hype on this kid is out of control.

i think he means as far as shocking that he academically made it in, especially when the size differences is very evident also

Unless trayone has a learning disability, and it is something that is documented and has been an on going problem, There is ABSOLOUTELY NO WAY he will be at UM. Still would have to go through a lot just to be admitted. Probably more hype from gulden, taking another kid who can't qualify. Unless he gets teachers or someone with access to grades to pull.......

Frank Gore 2.0?

What the ****?

They couldn't be more dissimilar as runners. Gore has elite balance, low center of gravity, good agility. Gray is upright and somewhat stiff. The hype on this kid is out of control.

i think he means as far as shocking that he academically made it in, especially when the size differences is very evident also

Unless trayone has a learning disability, and it is something that is documented and has been an on going problem, There is ABSOLOUTELY NO WAY he will be at UM. Still would have to go through a lot just to be admitted. Probably more hype from gulden, taking another kid who can't qualify. Unless he gets teachers or someone with access to grades to pull.......

Frank Gore's SAT was read to him.... They dont do that accomodation anymore.... You can look at it two ways...Where you can take some positive from it... Ill start with negative... Kevin Grooms is the exact situation Trayvone Gray is in....You see where Grooms ended up as a matter of fact nobody would take him excpet Marshall.. On the other hand Aldarius Johnson I thought no way in **** he got in and it wasnt just academics....If they let Aldarious in they'll let anybody in.... But if this regime couldnt get in in Kevin Grooms I dont see how Gray gets in... What confuses me is why Miami felt so positive about Grooms... there is something I dont get here..but if Grooms couldnt get in dont see how Gray gets in. Grooms Gray and ALdarius were the same type situation..and Aldarius got in..theres your hope.... Lets hope Gray got a 22 on ACT. I would love to be wrong... Only three thungs matter G.P.A(core COurses), ACT score, and required classes/credits. No test matters except ACT and to be honest its the easiest test out of the SAT, FCAT, and SAT. I was told JUCO is his only option not prep school... but like I said if Aldarius got in...... anythings possible...and I taught at Northwestern back in those days... I'm no expert but things lookin Bleak for Gray... What hurts for Dade County students you can make up less classes than u use to be able too .... For example if you go to night school in the spring you cant go to summer school to make up classes (budget cuts) you use to be able to take 2 night school classes... then two summerschool classes..not anymore...it makes it harder to make up failed classes.... They have online classes but there restrictions on that too...havent been on the job that long but Ill find out the deal eventually...

and its kind of hard to argue for UM not taking Grooms being he had a **** of a criminal background and was arrested twice at Marshall for domestic violence..and yes hes still at Marshall...

Last edited:
I have lost all hope for Gray getting in. After hearing the tone of Golden's voice about hopefully getting in. It doesn't sound promising. I hope I'm wrong.

Matt on rivals said he just spoke with Aubrey Hill and Trayone got his grades up. He has only taken the ACT recently and needs an 18 to make up for his still subpar grades, but if he gets it he's apparently in.

I'm not sure I buy the idea that this is his first time taking the test, so I'm guessing that getting that score is far from a given, but overall it sounds like good news!

Advertisement
Back