Can’t just throw money at the problem

pacusmc

All American
Looking all over cfb especially Texas Michigan and Georgia and the amount of money those schools have spent since 2015 on staff and facilities. We’re talking hundreds of millions of dollars.
The coaching hires and money spent on recruiting has yielded a total of jack sht.

I know we complain about not having the cash that those schools have and yes Miami was way behind in terms of facilities.
But 245 at a high school gym still weighs 245 at Oregon’s or Bama’s gym.

Right now facilities and housing are the last thing a recruit needs to complain about if deciding between um and another program.
No it ain’t Oregon or Clemson but if the quality of the sofa or how the building looks is what will make or break your decision then you’re in the wrong line of work imo.

UM still has to show some in field improvement but other schools have shown that paying a coach 8 million dollars and having a locker that dries your cleats ain’t doing sht to increase the w’s at most schools.

Advertisement
Looking all over cfb especially Texas Michigan and Georgia and the amount of money those schools have spent since 2015 on staff and facilities. We’re talking hundreds of millions of dollars.
The coaching hires and money spent on recruiting has yielded a total of jack sht.

I know we complain about not having the cash that those schools have and yes Miami was way behind in terms of facilities.

Right now facilities and housing are the last thing a recruit needs to complain about if deciding between um and another program.
No it ain’t Oregon or Clemson but if the quality of the sofa or how the building looks is what will make or break your decision then you’re in the wrong line of work imo.

UM still has to show some in field improvement but other schools have shown that paying a coach 8 million dollars and having a locker that dries your cleats ain’t doing sht to increase the w’s at most schools.
I'd have to disagree that throwing more money at coaches wouldn't help big time.

I'd have to disagree that throwing more money at coaches wouldn't help big time.
Imagine if Miami were willing to up the ante and pay Lashlee $3M/year to stay as offensive coordinator for the next five years. Imagine what the continuity would do for the offense and for recruiting.

Far more than Clemson's athletic facility with its slides and roller coasters, the key to their rise was their coordinators staying in place. At any other program, those two would have been out the door no later than 2017 to head coaching positions on their own.

Advertisement
The right amount of money for the right coach.
Michigan threw 7.5 million at Harbaugh and what?
Uga throwing money at dudes for what?
If a coach pans out like Lashlee yes you absolutely have to do what you can to retain him.
But paying dudes at the top 1 percent of cfb like the schools I’ve mentioned for guys that haven’t proven jack sht is crazy.
Look at all the coaches everyone has wanted on here and what they’ve done this year and what those schools are paying.

Imagine if Miami were willing to up the ante and pay Lashlee $3M/year to stay as offensive coordinator for the next five years. Imagine what the continuity would do for the offense and for recruiting.

Far more than Clemson's athletic facility with its slides and roller coasters, the key to their rise was their coordinators staying in place. At any other program, those two would have been out the door no later than 2017 to head coaching positions on their own.

Big difference between willing and able. The lack of understanding that Miami's football program thrives on booster money is astonishing.

Advertisement
floyd mayweather boxing GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

UGA played in the sec championship game 3 years in a row. Winning it one year and played for a national championship. The other years lost to the team that played in the championship game and one that won it all. Smart so far has shown something unlike Herman or harbaugh. Unfortunately for smart he keeps running up against The greatest coach to ever coach the game or a QB with maybe the greatest year Ever for any college football QB in the history of the game. But I agree with Michigan and Texas.

Advertisement
UGA played in the sec championship game 3 years in a row. Winning it one year and played for a national championship. The other years lost to the team that played in the championship game and one that won it all. Smart so far has shown something unlike Herman or harbaugh. Unfortunately for smart he keeps running up against The greatest coach to ever coach the game or a QB with maybe the greatest year Ever for any college football QB in the history of the game. But I agree with Michigan and Texas.
Uga ran for 8 yards last week. And gave up a ton of yards to a 48 man miss state roster. That’s what all that money gets you?

edit: and lost to Florida despite recruiting at the highest level.

I think Kirby has peaked. He’s lost his team and outside of getting a heisman caliber quarterback, he’s CMR 2.0

Advertisement

There’s a difference between necessary and sufficient.

Michigan and TX have unique problems they haven’t addressed or solved.

UGA did a good job of recruiting and getting close. Maybe they’re unlucky, maybe Smart isn’t the guy. That program is a better coach and play-maker or two away from being top notch, imo. Could it fall back? I guess. But it’s a potential powerhouse just on location, recruiting turf, conference, educational quality and facilities. UGA is a good school.

Michigan cannot compete with OSU if its admin won’t let it. It’s like UM under the troll. Certain recruits ‘need not apply.’

Texas is all messed up. They need to check their egos and redo their strategy entirely. They try so hard to dominate local recruiting they continually take the wrong kids because they focus too early. They should take a wait and see approach if they’re really who they fancy themselves to be. They also need some identity. They should try to emulate the Alabama model, IMO. Their potential strength should be talent, not scheme.

Advertisement
Back