Can’t just throw money at the problem

Advertisement
The right amount of money for the right coach.
Michigan threw 7.5 million at Harbaugh and what?
Uga throwing money at dudes for what?
If a coach pans out like Lashlee yes you absolutely have to do what you can to retain him.
But paying dudes at the top 1 percent of cfb like the schools I’ve mentioned for guys that haven’t proven jack sht is crazy.
Look at all the coaches everyone has wanted on here and what they’ve done this year and what those schools are paying.
Michigan did a delusional Miami hope thing with Harbaugh. They should have focused on their infrastructure and overall program commitment to winning, not broke the bank for a fancy HC and expected a hero.

Advertisement
UGA played in the sec championship game 3 years in a row. Winning it one year and played for a national championship. The other years lost to the team that played in the championship game and one that won it all. Smart so far has shown something unlike Herman or harbaugh. Unfortunately for smart he keeps running up against The greatest coach to ever coach the game or a QB with maybe the greatest year Ever for any college football QB in the history of the game. But I agree with Michigan and Texas.

How has UGA looked without Richts players

Kirby has been getting worse and worse with his own players and that’s with increased $$$ being spent

Smart has shown jack **** except how to not run a QB room

Guy lost to freaking South Carolina last year and then mustered up 10 points in the SEC Championship

Guy has a worse record than Richt in the same timespan with tons more $$ spent

These big schools Michigan, Texas, Penn State and a few others, NEED to hire new coaches.. Find y'all a young bull who is on the upcoming and stop chasing coaches that WIN a few games at a school thinking their going to be the next big thang!! We see this too much (Except Michigan), a coach WINS a few big games for a small fbs program and these big programs hire them and 4 years later there looking for a replacement.. It's like these big programs look for the big name coach (ex. Hugh Freeze) he's at Liberty winning "OK, AND" now he's a hot name for a big program needing a coach BUT what has he really done? I few good WINS but he didn't take down a elite program.. BUT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, and 4 years later these programs looking for another big story type coach..

It’s never been primarily about the money; it’s about the choices. I’ve been saying that forever.

You’re not going to be great just because you pay a coach more money or buy a waterslide. If you hire the wrong HC and pay him a ton of money that won’t make you win. The two biggest factors are choice of HC and choices of recruits.

Advertisement
Imagine if Miami were willing to up the ante and pay Lashlee $3M/year to stay as offensive coordinator for the next five years. Imagine what the continuity would do for the offense and for recruiting.

Far more than Clemson's athletic facility with its slides and roller coasters, the key to their rise was their coordinators staying in place. At any other program, those two would have been out the door no later than 2017 to head coaching positions on their own.
Lashlee strikes me as a dude that wants to be a HC - he'll leave at the first viable opportunity. You'd just be wasting money paying him $3m a year.

It’s never been primarily about the money; it’s about the choices. I’ve been saying that forever.

You’re not going to be great just because you pay a coach more money or buy a waterslide. If you hire the wrong HC and pay him a ton of money that won’t make you win. The two biggest factors are choice of HC and choices of recruits.

Agree. I also wouldn't mind throwing a little money at a high quality DC.

These big schools Michigan, Texas, Penn State and a few others, NEED to hire new coaches.. Find y'all a young bull who is on the upcoming and stop chasing coaches that WIN a few games at a school thinking their going to be the next big thang!! We see this too much (Except Michigan), a coach WINS a few big games for a small fbs program and these big programs hire them and 4 years later there looking for a replacement.. It's like these big programs look for the big name coach (ex. Hugh Freeze) he's at Liberty winning "OK, AND" now he's a hot name for a big program needing a coach BUT what has he really done? I few good WINS but he didn't take down a elite program.. BUT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, and 4 years later these programs looking for another big story type coach..
Freeze has done an incredible job at Liberty - but yeah it's like catching lightning in a bottle asking these small school HCs to repeat it at a big school. For every Urban Meyer there's 150 failures.

Advertisement
Kirby Smart has WON at UGA.. They just can't get over the Bama hump.. None of these coaches can be compared to Smart, HERMAN, HARB., FRANKLIN not even Mullen or Fisher these schools hasn't won compared to Smart
Bama hump, LSU hump, uF hump....
If you're considered elite, sooner or later, your team has to be the hump.

QP recognizes the importance of evaluations, which for the basis for choices, and planning.

Advertisement
Winning programs are hard to build, and this fan base was uniquely spoiled by having a program that won over multiple coaches in a short window. That never happens. So fans here think the program is something truly distinct from the head coach. Maybe so when it’s humming perfectly - OSU has maintained from sweater set to now reasonably well. But no program can withstand multiple bad head coaches in sequence.

The fix does require the right head coach, but when you keep getting the choice wrong, beyond what odds can explain, you do have to self assess and consider whether you’re doing it wrong.

Money helps, but it’s just a resource. Money can easily be wasted, and badly. You have to plug the leaks in the bucket before you pour in the kool aid and everclear. Otherwise no party.

Butch left because…money. We were the last Power 5 school with an IPF because…money. We lost successful coordinators to the NFL because…money. O line coaches were flocking out of Miami to Alabama for cold hard cash.

If you think we are poaching a coach who has never been fired and is under the age of 60 with a National Championship ring, dream on.

1) imagine what our record would be if we were down to our 3-4th string qb like Uga is

2). Lashlee is not worth $3m a year, Not even close. He’s not even worth $2m

Last edited:
Kirby Smart has WON at UGA.. They just can't get over the Bama hump.. None of these coaches can be compared to Smart, HERMAN, HARB., FRANKLIN not even Mullen or Fisher these schools hasn't won compared to Smart
Or the South Carolina hum. Or the University of Florida hump. I mean how many more excuses are people willing to make for Kirby smart even people that are supposed to be cane fans. The dude literally has a blank check to sign kids. And he still wetting the bed. Maybe he needs to get over the elite quarter back transferring out of his program hump. Jesus Christ
Maybe he should stop signing five star talent and he could win a couple of games.
The closest he ever got to winning a national championship was when most of the team werent his players and when the blue chip ratio was less than it is now.

Advertisement
Back