Can’t just throw money at the problem

Butch left because…money. We were the last Power 5 school with an IPF because…money. We lost successful coordinators to the NFL because…money. O line coaches were flocking out of Miami to Alabama for cold hard cash.

If you think we are poaching a coach who has never been fired and is under the age of 60 with a National Championship ring, dream on.
If we run the program properly, it will return to being a stepping stone for coaches with ambition. That’s what it can be, and it won’t be more than that. This whole ‘miami’s a destination job’ garbage you hear coaches saying, that should be a red fuggin flag right there. Destination Miami means mail it in and enjoy the JJ fishing circuit. Either that, or it’s a fancy way of saying ‘had no better offers.’. We should be hiring guys who can’t wait to get hired to the next gig and know what they have to do to get it - WIN! We’ve become some bad version of Bo Schembechler Michigan will be run by a michigan man blah blah. If a coach wins big here and wants to stay, great. That should be his ambition, not ours. We’re hiring coaches to win, not build empires or retire.

Advertisement
If we run the program properly, it will return to being a stepping stone for coaches with ambition. That’s what it can be, and it won’t be more than that. This whole ‘miami’s a destination job’ garbage you hear coaches saying, that should be a red fuggin flag right there. Destination Miami means mail it in and enjoy the JJ fishing circuit. We should be hiring guys who can’t wait to get hired to the next gig and know what they have to do to get it - WIN!
I hear you, but what do you expect coaches to say? "Miami is great, but I'm just biding my time until a better job comes along."

I hear you, but what do you expect coaches to say? "Miami is great, but I'm just biding my time until a better job comes along."
Eh, they can say anything they want. There’s usually a message in what they say. They could say ‘I’m coming here because of the athletes and opportunity to get back to top level.’. They could say I’m coming here because winning is what I care about and you can win here. They could say any range of things. ‘Destination job’ is a fancy way of saying ‘it’s about me, not what I can accomplish here.’

Or the South Carolina hum. Or the University of Florida hump. I mean how many more excuses are people willing to make for Kirby smart even people that are supposed to be cane fans. The dude literally has a blank check to sign kids. And he still wetting the bed. Maybe he needs to get over the elite quarter back transferring out of his program hump. Jesus Christ
Maybe he should stop signing five star talent and he could win a couple of games.
The closest he ever got to winning a national championship was when most of the team werent his players and when the blue chip ratio was less than it is now.
It’s interesting how hard people try to denigrate smart. uga as a program has been near the top under him. sec title games, playoffs. maybe he breaks thru, maybe not. their program is surely better off than under richt- also better off than ours.

people say blank check like there aren’t plenty of other schools with equal resources.

Its not the amount of money you spend, its about how you spend your money.

This matters in all areas of life, especially in sports.

Advertisement
Agreed. You playing football or a fuggin interior designer? LSU got that nice *** locker room and getting they *** whooped. They are easily the worst returning champ in CFBP history.
And they also have the 3rd ranked recruiting class

Or the South Carolina hum. Or the University of Florida hump. I mean how many more excuses are people willing to make for Kirby smart even people that are supposed to be cane fans. The dude literally has a blank check to sign kids. And he still wetting the bed. Maybe he needs to get over the elite quarter back transferring out of his program hump. Jesus Christ
Maybe he should stop signing five star talent and he could win a couple of games.
The closest he ever got to winning a national championship was when most of the team werent his players and when the blue chip ratio was less than it is now.
He’s 6-3 against both those teams and the only inexcusable loss was last year to usc. He’s not a great game day coach and he needs a modern offense, but don’t get ****y just cause Florida recruits want to go there

It’s interesting how hard people try to denigrate smart. uga as a program has been near the top under him. sec title games, playoffs. maybe he breaks thru, maybe not. their program is surely better off than under richt- also better off than ours.

people say blank check like there aren’t plenty of other schools with equal resources.
You really think I’m trying hard? Sht is so obvious. He’s been there how long and his team is worse right now than when he got there despite being top 3 every year in recruiting since he got there..
Dude before you said he needs to “get over the Bama hump” as if Bama was the only problem he has. They lost like by 20 points this year to them. Only put up 14 against Kentucky.
It seems like people go more out of their way to defend him than to put him down.

He’s 6-3 against both those teams and the only inexcusable loss was last year to usc. He’s not a great game day coach and he needs a modern offense, but don’t get ****y just cause Florida recruits want to go there
Sofla recruits have been wanting to go there since cmr.
His team looks worse than last year and worse than the year before despite continuing to get elite talent every year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Money does matter. But the HC desire to win at all costs is more important. Harbaugh’s heart is not in it. You can’t just hire a guy without being able to tell how badly he wants it.

The real crux of the issue is that college football has become a monopoly where only Bama & Clemson are allowed to compete. Even other powerhouse schools like Oh St & Notre Lame are running in 2nd place on an annual basis trying to catch up to Bama & Clemson because the powers that be at the top in the NCAA have created a racket where only the good ole boys can win in the end.

There's very little championship level parity because literally only 2-3 schools tops get to buy/hoard all the elite players. The hyper spending by programs like Michigan, Texas, TAMU, Oregon, PSU etc, is a response in trying to find a loophole in the system to undercut the stranglehold Bama has on the world of college football.

The NCAA allowed Bama to become a monolithic immovable object that takes a historic team with elite NFL talent to topple them over. College Football is just about who knows how to cheat the best, if you can buy all the best recruits & juice'em up with the best PED's money can buy then you'll be able to go on run.

But here's the kicker, don't get too good, because that spot is reserved for Bama & if you start kicking up too much dust the NCAA will put a stop to it.

Last edited:
You really think I’m trying hard? Sht is so obvious. He’s been there how long and his team is worse right now than when he got there despite being top 3 every year in recruiting since he got there..
Dude before you said he needs to “get over the Bama hump” as if Bama was the only problem he has. They lost like by 20 points this year to them. Only put up 14 against Kentucky.
It seems like people go more out of their way to defend him than to put him down.
That’s just false. I didn’t say that. You must be quoting someone else. It’s obvious to cfb that UGA is better off under smart than Richt. Doesn’t mean they’ll break thru. Doesn’t mean thry have no other flaws. Maybe smart will be zook and the next guy will win. Uga as a program is one of the references in the OP. I pointed out it’s a different situation from texas and michigan.

Kirby Smart has WON at UGA.. They just can't get over the Bama hump.. None of these coaches can be compared to Smart, HERMAN, HARB., FRANKLIN not even Mullen or Fisher these schools hasn't won compared to Smart

Yeah Jimbo is crying because Smart has a 1 SEC ring over Fishers national championship ring

This place is full of idiots

Advertisement
That’s just false. I didn’t say that. You must be quoting someone else. It’s obvious to cfb that UGA is better off under smart than Richt. Doesn’t mean they’ll break thru. Doesn’t mean thry have no other flaws. Maybe smart will be zook and the next guy will win. Uga as a program is one of the references in the OP. I pointed out it’s a different situation from texas and michigan.

UGA hasn’t won since 1980

They aren’t winning anytime soon, freshman Tua made sure of that when he dragged his nuts on Smart

The real crux of the issue is that college football has become a monopoly where only Bama & Clemson are allowed to compete. Even other powerhouse schools like Oh St & Notre Lame are running in 2nd place on an annual basis trying to catch up to Bama & Clemson because the powers that be at the top in the NCAA have created a racket where only the good ole boys can win in the end.

There's very little championship level parody because literally only 2-3 schools tops get to buy/hoard all the elite players. The hyper spending by programs like Michigan, Texas, TAMU, Oregon, PSU etc, is a response in trying to find a loophole in the system to undercut the stranglehold Bama has on the world of college football.

The NCAA allowed Bama to become a monolithic immovable object that takes a historic team with elite NFL talent to topple them over. College Football is just about who knows how to cheat the best, if you can buy all the best recruits & juice'em up with the best PED's money can buy then you'll be able to go on run.

But here's the kicker, don't get too good, because that spot is reserved for Bama & if you start kicking up too much dust the NCAA will put a stop to it.
The internet and camps have changed recruiting. It’s likely true that there’s a greater concentration of top 50 players going to a few schools today than previously. Not sure the ncaa can change thwt.

the ncaa is a bogus, corrupt org, no doubt.

but the thing that programs need to focus on is infrastructure support. The staff to scout opponents and break down film and devise game plan options. The staff to scout players and break down film and devise recruiting priorities and ensure regular touch-points. Alabama has serious coaches playing support roles. UM has inexperienced coaches playing lead roles. Predictable results ensue.

Ohio state does get the shaft here and there. But ohio is a really corrupt place. Their politicians go to jail every so often for corruption. Maybe they’re just not good at keeping it under wraps. Not sure who else can complain. Outside of UM. Texas and Michigan are responsible for their own problems. Nebraska and Oklahoma ain’t so desirable to kids from elsewhere not that it’s easier to research options.

And look how much money alabama, clemson, georgia, Ohio State, ND, ect spend on football.....

It takes money + good coaching + good players + some luck

Advertisement
Kirby Smart has played in the SEC CG the last 3 years, he has had problems beating UF lost 3 games to in 5 years, Bama 3 in 5 years, LSU 2 in 5 years.. So Im not going to say Kirby is in the same comparisons of some of these coaches we talking about here.. 17, 18, 19 Kirby has finished each of those seasons with only 1 loss, then he has struggled in the championship and bowl games.. SO from that, it's hard to compare him to a lot of these coaches we talking about..

Our Canes just need to hire better coaches and get some big names on the staff.. We need some names on the staff that when these coaches walk in the houses of recruits, the recruits are excited to have them in house.. These is why I keep saying, hire a few UM greats and watch how the recruiting will pick up..

There's very little championship level parody because literally only 2-3 schools tops get to buy/hoard all the elite players. The hyper spending by programs like Michigan, Texas, TAMU, Oregon, PSU etc, is a response in trying to find a loophole in the system to undercut the stranglehold Bama has on the world of college football.

Basically this. I wonder if it comes back to bite them in terms of ratings eventually. I used to be glued to the couch every Saturday, because games actually meant something. Now you just Shue in the same couple teams. If I went from die hard noon to 1 am to only watching Miami games, what’s the fair weather watcher eventually going to do after another decade of this crap?

CFB has a glaring lack of parity and it would take a colossal effort by a lot of people that got rich off this system to change it, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Also, I don't understand the UGA has nothing to show for it argument. Championship or bust is an awful place to be as a fan, I had an awesome time enjoying the Canes in 2017 and I knew we weren't winning the whole thing.
Fans need to be fans and that includes enjoying the wins, overhyping their team/players, forming a community around their fandom, be unreasonable mad when they lose and a whole bunch of things.
The whole "it's pointless if it's doesn't end with a championship in the end" is crazy to me. Obviously I want UM to win champioships, but the most important is having a enjoyable team to watch and root for

Advertisement
Back