Camron Davis

Advertisement
Is this a serious response, sir?

Too much trolling on here, sir. I don't mess with that nonsense. It's Lingard and the rest of a group of nobodies for me, sir.

Agree with franchise

Interesting, sir. I watched Lingard's highlights and I was mildly disappointed, sir. That might be because I was expecting a cross between Herschel Walker and Barry Sanders based upon the posts on this board and his rating. He's a good back, but his highlights didn't blow me away as I thought they would. In addition to that, I don't know about the quality of competition Lingard faces up there.

Conversely, I know Davis plays the best competition in the state and Davis' highlights looked as good to me a Lingard's.

Maybe, I'm wrong, sir.

Well let me break it down to you this way

Davis doesn't break tackles other than stiff arming people because he's an up-right runner and doesn't get low going through the hole

Lingard stays low through the hole and then pulls up-right when in the open field, which is proper technique

Also, for some reason Davis seems like an in-line runner

Agree with franchise

Interesting, sir. I watched Lingard's highlights and I was mildly disappointed, sir. That might be because I was expecting a cross between Herschel Walker and Barry Sanders based upon the posts on this board and his rating. He's a good back, but his highlights didn't blow me away as I thought they would. In addition to that, I don't know about the quality of competition Lingard faces up there.

Conversely, I know Davis plays the best competition in the state and Davis' highlights looked as good to me a Lingard's.

Maybe, I'm wrong, sir.

Well let me break it down to you this way

Davis doesn't break tackles other than stiff arming people because he's an up-right runner and doesn't get low going through the hole

Lingard stays low through the hole and then pulls up-right when in the open field, which is proper technique

Also, for some reason Davis seems like an in-line runner

It doesn't look like Lingard is playing tough competition ...I'd like to see him go against better athletes with more speed.. doesn't look like hes easily pulling away from those slow dbs...to your point, I did notice at times Davis runs with a high pad level....reason could be he's running out of the spread through wide gaps ....but after watching his clips of shorter gains with a smaller window...he leans forward at the point of attack... also dips his shoulder before contact which a good sign...IMO don't get me wrong I like both.. .. I'd be straight with either back.

It doesn't matter if you're running in the spread or not proper technique is proper technique...first play was from the the I, ran up-right through the hole

I get what you're saying he can use some coaching at the next level...It's not that bad tho IMO...He hits it similar to Walton at Booker T....now Mark has very good pad level...credit coach Brown......Also, Davis is 5'9 a couple of inches shorter than Lingard he doesn't need to lean as much.....I agree he still needs some work there tho....But he's not like Gray or Scarlett...He would be a good take.....IMO.....Lingard has OSU and all the big schools after him....If we miss him.....land Davis and another good back.... I won't lose any sleep.

Not even close to Walton. It is the typical CIS hype up X(Davis) prospect because Y(Lingard, Cook) prospect might not come.

Have to disagree.. If you compare davis as a junior to walton as a junior you'd be crazy to say Walton was better. Ive seen Davis play several times he is waaaay more explosive then Walton ever was..Is he tougher I dont know..But Davis is hands down the better prospect after their junior year.

Walton is better than Davis & it's not even close. Walton graduated early. Davis isn't even the best RB on his team.

Call me crazy, but if U're too fast to catch, there won't be many tackles to break. That being said, he actually did break tackles in that highlight. Overall I counted 13 times he was tackled, 7 times he was knocked out of bounds, a nice was a face mask and another was a horse collar tackle out of bounds. Overall just 4 open field tackles and on one of them he absolutely trucks a defender before gaining an extra 5-10 yards.

The problem is he's too fast for high schoolers. That doesn't mean he will just outspeed everyone in the ACC. He very well could be one of the fastest players in the ACC because I don't know quite how fast he is but either way, hes not going to be able to just run straight past people. He's going to have to be able to make at least 1 guy miss on most plays. If he cant do that he's not a good RB.

sure.. but the same can be said for breaking tackles. "he's too big and strong for high schoolers." As far as being too fast for high schoolers, he ran away from dudes (and over) in the State Championship game. And you can't tell me in a Florida High School Football Championship there aren't several players with college level speed.

I didn't see really anything that tells me he can make guys miss or break tackles at at elite level though.
To me he just seems super stiff whereas lingard has the same speed or better and doesn't look stiff while running.
IDK I just hope we get 2 top RBs this year, hopefully 3, where one of them is Curry who can kinda be labeled a FB/RB hybrid like Najeh.

Yea idk. I don't think he's super stiff, but U won't hear me argue about Lingard being a better back

Advertisement
Not even close to Walton. It is the typical CIS hype up X(Davis) prospect because Y(Lingard, Cook) prospect might not come.

Have to disagree.. If you compare davis as a junior to walton as a junior you'd be crazy to say Walton was better. Ive seen Davis play several times he is waaaay more explosive then Walton ever was..Is he tougher I dont know..But Davis is hands down the better prospect after their junior year.

Walton is better than Davis & it's not even close. Walton graduated early. Davis isn't even the best RB on his team.

i thought walton had been held back early in school so his "graduating early" actually put him back in the right grade . . . that being said i think davis is a good back, and definitely a take, however he's not a slam dunk

"Lorenzo Lingard" does not sound like a Miami RB. Camron Davis does. I'm rolling with Davis and Curry.

Try saying Lo instead of Lorenzo....does he sound like a UM running back now?

Negatron

How about Lotavious?

Needs a couple of random apostrophes in there, methinks.

L'Tavious?

Completely off-topic, but speaking of names - I work at Jacksonville State and they just signed an OL named Ye'Majesty Sanders.

So Wright is going to start over him again? Lol if he can't start over a underclassman something has to be wrong there...or they like him as change up speed back...Who knows? It's definitely a good problem to have....Wright looks stronger and shiftier while Davis looks like all purpose speed back....Maybe we want him to be a all purpose like Michel??

Last edited:
Advertisement

i thought walton had been held back early in school so his "graduating early" actually put him back in the right grade . . . that being said i think davis is a good back, and definitely a take, however he's not a slam dunk

I think you're right on Walton.

I believe when Spring practice starts - Walton will be 20, Burns will be 18, and Homer will still be 17

Lingard looks fantastic, but his competition is not even close to Davis'. Davis is straight smoking D-1 studs in his highlight film. He's got that Dalvin Cook home run ability. GIVE ME BOTH.

i went back and looked at dalvin and waltons high schools hudl . . . he has dalvin speed but isn't very elusive . . . walton just runs like a man with some wiggle, good thing is he has time to improve

Advertisement
I dont think some of yall realize davis playing in arguably the toughest class in the country & still producing at a high level

I dont think some of yall realize davis playing in arguably the toughest class in the country & still producing at a high level

no, i give him credit for that . . . just don't think he's a slam dunk . . . just wish he had some elusiveness . . .

Advertisement
Maybe the "experts" can chime in, everyone is saying he's a must get but in those highlights i saw he didn't make anyone miss. No doubt he has top end speed and decent acceleration, but outside of a hurdle move, he didn't seem elusive, seems alot like walton with better speed

Kinda like Lamar Miller. Not too much juke to him, but fast... and hey LM is in the league so I'll take that.

no, i give him credit for that . . . just don't think he's a slam dunk . . . just wish he had some elusiveness . . .
Same. He will be a good pick up though. Lingard is my number 2 target on offense after mark pope though. Might be number 1..

Maybe the "experts" can chime in, everyone is saying he's a must get but in those highlights i saw he didn't make anyone miss. No doubt he has top end speed and decent acceleration, but outside of a hurdle move, he didn't seem elusive, seems alot like walton with better speed

Kinda like Lamar Miller. Not too much juke to him, but fast... and hey LM is in the league so I'll take that.

nah, LM had some elusiveness bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WHeWSub5Rg

nah, LM had some elusiveness bro

Lamar was also faster than Camron.

Advertisement
Back