Camron Davis

Advertisement
maybe walton is a bad comparison, because in those clips he doesn't break tackles as walton does

Camron Davis Highlights (2016/2017) - Camron Davis highlights - Hudl

i'm not hating on the guy, just seems a little early for the hype

You can't break tackles in high school

why not?

I am being sarcastic. It is what some say on here about high school running Backs or

i got you . . . to those people i would say you can't have it both ways . . . you can't say you prefer a miami kid because of the comp and the dogg in him . . . but then turn around and dismiss his talent (ex. breaking tackles) because it's high school

Watching the superbowl i saw two kids we didnt even offer james white and devonte freeman from south florida

Don't forget Ricardo Allen, another player Rantard Shammin thought was "too small" even though he though Kevin Nelson could be a MLB here...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm no expert here, but "Walton with better speed" seems like an elite RB...

hammer.gif

Joe Yearby made a ton of guys miss.....Dalvin Cook just ran past and through guys.......

Curry
Davis
Lingard

in that order

Walton breaks tackles.
I'm telling you when I watched Davis' HL tape I thought of Forrest Gump returning kicks at alabama.

Lingard should be our top priority (or Cook). And I want Curry as a 2nd back (not a 2nd option)

Walton breaks tackles.
I'm telling you when I watched Davis' HL tape I thought of Forrest Gump returning kicks at alabama.

Lingard should be our top priority (or Cook). And I want Curry as a 2nd back (not a 2nd option)

I may be in the minority here, but I don't get all the hype on Cook (aside from being Dalvin's bro). Granted, he's talented, but there's others I'd prefer over him. Not real mad he's going to FSU, tbh.

Advertisement
Call me crazy, but if U're too fast to catch, there won't be many tackles to break. That being said, he actually did break tackles in that highlight. Overall I counted 13 times he was tackled, 7 times he was knocked out of bounds, a nice was a face mask and another was a horse collar tackle out of bounds. Overall just 4 open field tackles and on one of them he absolutely trucks a defender before gaining an extra 5-10 yards.

Call me crazy, but if U're too fast to catch, there won't be many tackles to break. That being said, he actually did break tackles in that highlight. Overall I counted 13 times he was tackled, 7 times he was knocked out of bounds, a nice was a face mask and another was a horse collar tackle out of bounds. Overall just 4 open field tackles and on one of them he absolutely trucks a defender before gaining an extra 5-10 yards.

The problem is he's too fast for high schoolers. That doesn't mean he will just outspeed everyone in the ACC. He very well could be one of the fastest players in the ACC because I don't know quite how fast he is but either way, hes not going to be able to just run straight past people. He's going to have to be able to make at least 1 guy miss on most plays. If he cant do that he's not a good RB.

I like Davis more than Lingard - also put up better NIKE Open numbers than him (side note: Cook's #s were pretty weak).

Advertisement

The problem is he's too fast for high schoolers. That doesn't mean he will just outspeed everyone in the ACC. He very well could be one of the fastest players in the ACC because I don't know quite how fast he is but either way, hes not going to be able to just run straight past people. He's going to have to be able to make at least 1 guy miss on most plays. If he cant do that he's not a good RB.

sure.. but the same can be said for breaking tackles. "he's too big and strong for high schoolers." As far as being too fast for high schoolers, he ran away from dudes (and over) in the State Championship game. And you can't tell me in a Florida High School Football Championship there aren't several players with college level speed.

Last edited:
Camron Davis played against 9 of the top 25 teams in Florida and 5 of those were top 10 teams in the state. Make him one of the backs of 18 and then get Nayquan Wright in 2019.

sure.. but the same can be said for breaking tackles. "he's too big and strong for high schoolers." As far as being too fast for high schoolers, he ran away from dudes (and over) in the State Championship game. And you can't tell me in a Florida High School Football Championship there aren't several players with college level speed.

I didn't see really anything that tells me he can make guys miss or break tackles at at elite level though.
To me he just seems super stiff whereas lingard has the same speed or better and doesn't look stiff while running.
IDK I just hope we get 2 top RBs this year, hopefully 3, where one of them is Curry who can kinda be labeled a FB/RB hybrid like Najeh.

Not even close to Walton. It is the typical CIS hype up X(Davis) prospect because Y(Lingard, Cook) prospect might not come.

I'm gonna have to agree here. Waltons vision & top end could be better but he's **** close to elite. I think anyone saYing Davis is a must get is the reasons we have been slack at these positions. I think he's a complimentary back at best. He reminds me of DeAndre McNeal

Advertisement
Back