Campbell and Reese CBs

Do we know if Campbell evens likes Chat-field?

They are related. Maybe cousins but somehow related rattler said

Not related, but close friends. Drew's Uncle is one of my oldest friends. Teams are just making their A1 pitches at cuz, as expected. I've been on here singin' Drew's praises from Day 1. Somebody said something real slick earlier about Gaynor eating his eyeballs @ Greentree. Fat ****in chance, and I LOVE Gaynor. I know Kool is a master at what he does but I know this also. Drew is gonna be a STAR wherever he goes. It'll be a **** shame if he has to go elsewhere to do so when he wants to be great right here. I just feel like he's the 1 kid that Kool should throw the body type stuff aside for. I know he was "forced" to work with guys like Ray at Mizzou and he feels he should have all his guys meet a height/weight requirement here, but HS Drew>>>>>>>>>>>>HS Ray. Kid's just been kickin FBS(P5 & G5) O-lineman *** since a 10th Grader. Kid needs an offer. Not only will it kill all of that package deal ****, it'll give us arguably the best pass rusher in the '18 class...

I've been singing Drew's praise as well. I'm not understanding why he's not offered...why b/c he's 6'2? I've seen the camp film and his Hudl and he's beasting. I want him in this class, period. It may not happen, but the kid is the goods. Not understanding the hate by some fans.

Advertisement

Not related, but close friends. Drew's Uncle is one of my oldest friends. Teams are just making their A1 pitches at cuz, as expected. I've been on here singin' Drew's praises from Day 1. Somebody said something real slick earlier about Gaynor eating his eyeballs @ Greentree. Fat ****in chance, and I LOVE Gaynor. I know Kool is a master at what he does but I know this also. Drew is gonna be a STAR wherever he goes. It'll be a **** shame if he has to go elsewhere to do so when he wants to be great right here. I just feel like he's the 1 kid that Kool should throw the body type stuff aside for. I know he was "forced" to work with guys like Ray at Mizzou and he feels he should have all his guys meet a height/weight requirement here, but HS Drew>>>>>>>>>>>>HS Ray. Kid's just been kickin FBS(P5 & G5) O-lineman *** since a 10th Grader. Kid needs an offer. Not only will it kill all of that package deal ****, it'll give us arguably the best pass rusher in the '18 class...

I've been singing Drew's praise as well. I'm not understanding why he's not offered...why b/c he's 6'2? I've seen the camp film and his Hudl and he's beasting. I want him in this class, period. It may not happen, but the kid is the goods. Not understanding the hate by some fans.

Here is what we have on our current roster:
SR Chad Thomas
SR Trent Harris
RJr Demetrius Jackson
SO Joe Jackson
RSo Scott Patchan
FR Jonathan Garvin
FR DJ Johnson

We've been carrying between 5-7 DE on the roster and will lose 2 for sure next year (Thomas, Harris) and maybe 1-2 more if D Jack pulls a grad transfer (seems popular with RSr. who aren't starters) or someone else decides to leave for one reason or another. We are probably taking no more than 3 DEs this class.

Would you take Chatfield over our top targets at DE?
Gregory Rousseau (Commit)
Dennis Briggs Jr. (possible DT)
Kayode Oladele
Micah Parsons (long shot)

Just asking because I really don't know. In the past I would be ****ed if someone of his caliber who wants to be a Cane gets left out, but this staff has earned my trust in terms of having better options in place unlike the previous staffs.

Last edited:

SR Chad Thomas
SR Trent Harris
RJr Demetrius Jackson
SO Joe Jackson
RSo Scott Patchan
FR Jonathan Garvin
FR DJ Johnson

We've been carrying between 5-7 DE on the roster and will lose 2 for sure next year (Thomas, Harris) and maybe 1-2 more if D Jack pulls a grad transfer (seems popular with RSr. who aren't starters) or someone else decides to leave for one reason or another. We are probably taking no more than 3 DEs this class.

Kayode Oladele

Just asking because I really don't know. In the past I would be ****ed if someone of his caliber who wants to be a Cane gets left out, but this staff has earned my trust in terms of having better options in place unlike the previous staffs.

I have two questions rattler:

1. have u talked to coach kool about this and if so what does he say

2. would he come to miami if we offer him really late like harley

Last edited by a moderator:

SR Chad Thomas
SR Trent Harris
RJr Demetrius Jackson
SO Joe Jackson
RSo Scott Patchan
FR Jonathan Garvin
FR DJ Johnson

Kayode Oladele

I would take Chatfield over Oladele. Briggs would most likely be a DT as you mentioned. Oladele is raw, with potential. Chatman just gets to the QB. Rousseau, I see more in the mold of Leonard Floyd. I'm not taking anyone over Parsons, period. Kid is a beast. But I really, REALLY like Chatman. Annnnnnnnnd if it helps w/ Tyson, then why not?

Advertisement

SR Chad Thomas
SR Trent Harris
RJr Demetrius Jackson
SO Joe Jackson
RSo Scott Patchan
FR Jonathan Garvin
FR DJ Johnson

Kayode Oladele

I've haven't gotten an opportunity to speak to Coach Kool yet and unless another school hasn't completely blown his mind before we offer, I don't see why not...

SR Chad Thomas
SR Trent Harris
RJr Demetrius Jackson
SO Joe Jackson
RSo Scott Patchan
FR Jonathan Garvin
FR DJ Johnson

Would you take Chatman over our top targets at DE?
Kayode Oladele

I've haven't gotten an opportunity to speak to Coach Kool yet and unless another school hasn't completely blown his mind before we offer, I don't see why not...
Did you ask tyson about all the Ohio state hype lately and his recruitment in general?

None of our fans hate Chatfield. He's universally liked and respected. Most of us are willing to defer to Kool on DL matters. Not sure it's only height that Chatfield lacks. Didn't he post a 5 flat forty recently? He's a beast no doubt, but if you're undersized and not fast that can push you down the board a little when UM is getting back to marquee levels at the DE position.

I feel like our biggest threat in campbells recruitment is Ohio State. I could be wrong but I remember hearing about him loving his recent visit. He also just got CB'd there by an OSU insider. Pete said in the work he may wrap his recruitment up in the early part of the summer and it's seems that we have a lead so let's hope he wraps it up sooner rather than later.

He didn't say he loved his visit,this is what he said in the 247 article you are referring to a few weeks back. Some other poster said he loved his visit

Campbell took an unofficial visit to Ohio State last month.

"They like me," Campbell said when asked about the Buckeyes. "They also say I'm their No. 1 cornerback in the class and that they could see me as one of those guys that's picked in the first round of the draft."

BUT BUT BUT. So OSU has him moving up to a 1st round draft pick if he goes there...The path to a high draft pick begins with going against a more than stellar class of Wr's and Te's that will be at Miami during each practice...Nobody in the country can shove this much pressure on DB's covering Miami players.

Advertisement

SR Chad Thomas
SR Trent Harris
RJr Demetrius Jackson
SO Joe Jackson
RSo Scott Patchan
FR Jonathan Garvin
FR DJ Johnson

Kayode Oladele

Interested in what you said. I've always had a "meh" opinion over the conventional wisdom that you have to be the first school to offer a kid, or he won't show interest.

In my opinion, if a kid and his family really believe that academically, athletically, socially, a school is the best fit, then he'll be happy to receive an offer no matter when the decision to do so is made.

You know what they call a kid who gets a scholarship offer to UM as a junior and immediately commits, and then signs on signing day? ... They call that young man a 'Cane.

You know what they call a kid who gets a scholarship offer to UM at the very last minute, and signs on signing day the same as everyone else?? ... 'Cane!!

No difference from what I can see.

SR Chad Thomas
SR Trent Harris
RJr Demetrius Jackson
SO Joe Jackson
RSo Scott Patchan
FR Jonathan Garvin
FR DJ Johnson

Kayode Oladele

Briggs isn't a possible..hes a definite dt based off of his stature.
I would take Chatfield over Rousseau as he is just a better player.
Oyadele is an fsu guy awith genron hands on him..longshot...and Parsons is a long sot.

Advertisement
Back